Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

NTTGame.com fake?

This is a discussion on NTTGame.com fake? within the General Chat forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; I do not know too much about how teh internets work, but it would really surprise me if Pando Networks ...
Page: 2

SpitfireTemp

I do not know too much about how teh internets work, but it would really surprise me if Pando Networks did not own any subdomain!

So since the download link starts with gcs-icdn.pandonetworks.com, it should be completely legit. If nttgame were fake, they would then either have to hack Pando Networks, or they would have to fool them. And what exactly could anyone try to gain from all this? They would have to be mad.

But yeah, there are few weird things; such as the file symbol.bmp inside the symbol_eu folder. Comparing it to the equivalent file from USKO, it looks like someone has edited it in paint.

There's also a weird movie in the KnightMovie folder, something about Nuslam Klasras, which according to a google search has something to do with a disabled quest.

Quote Originally Posted by SpitfireTemp View Post
    I do not know too much about how teh internets work, but it would really surprise me if Pando Networks did not own any subdomain!

So since the download link starts with gcs-icdn.pandonetworks.com, it should be completely legit. If nttgame were fake, they would then either have to hack Pando Networks, or they would have to fool them. And what exactly could anyone try to gain from all this? They would have to be mad.

But yeah, there are few weird things; such as the file symbol.bmp inside the symbol_eu folder. Comparing it to the equivalent file from USKO, it looks like someone has edited it in paint.

There's also a weird movie in the KnightMovie folder, something about Nuslam Klasras, which according to a google search has something to do with a disabled quest.
    well I believe they were using the KOKO 'files', maybe that explains those small differences?

SpitfireTemp

The video could absolutely be explained that way (I just thought it was curious), but I doubt KOKO would have that knight symbol with some random black scribble on it.

If you're not convinced,don't play it then.

I'm pretty sure MGames wouldn't be trying to push a scam on its own user base.....

Little archer Senior Member

idc really... i dont have much info to lose on this pc

HumanStupidityIsInfinite Senior Member xtommyleongx's Avatar

Im very sure MGames or pandonetwork would have taken legal actions against NTTGame if they were a fraud....

this made me curious

I've assumed something along the same lines, however I can't say I have cared enough to investigate beyong some shallow google searchs.

Regardless, so what? If what your suggesting is right, then the possible scenarios would be:

A.) that the server faces legal issues which jeopardize the servers longevity.
    B.) you have to endure a pesky 5-10 minute virus scan / removal.
    or C.) you play a successful, populated server - although it was advertised on false pretenses.

I guess time will tell, so it's not worth jumping the gun yet.

I havent really bothered to read or look much around but what I find strange is that apprently EUKO doesnt have the exclusive publishingright for this game in EU.

Didnt USKO block Taiwan IPs when TAIWANKO came out ?
    Didnt USKO block Jap IPs when JapKO came out ?

I mean, why would a company buy a license for a certain regio when it doesnt have the exclusive rights. I wouldn't do it.

PS: buying an advertisement on a gaming site doesn't proof much. I've seen some private servers doing it as well. Just saying.

According to that EUKO statement, OLD accounts at USKO should not be affected by the block. New ones will, however. So new random European players (i.e. those who were not told by someone to start playing KO) will then end up at EUKO rather than USKO, as they cannot register (or w/e) at USKO.

HumanStupidityIsInfinite Senior Member xtommyleongx's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Spitfire View Post
    According to that EUKO statement, OLD accounts at USKO should not be affected by the block. New ones will, however. So new random European players (i.e. those who were not told by someone to start playing KO) will then end up at EUKO rather than USKO, as they cannot register (or w/e) at USKO.
    I am no computer genius but new or old accounts will have the same IP region... how do you not block old accounts and block new accounts? unless usko forks out money to proxy those old accounts which i doubt will ever happen...but then again.. like some posts mentioned before... time will tell

It's fake.

The king. Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Spitfire View Post
    Maybe Pelos could set this straight for us? what will it be do you know?

Quote Originally Posted by xtommyleongx View Post
    I am no computer genius but new or old accounts will have the same IP region... how do you not block old accounts and block new accounts? unless usko forks out money to proxy those old accounts which i doubt will ever happen...but then again.. like some posts mentioned before... time will tell
    This is the relvant bit of their statement (from nttgame.com), bolding by me:

Therefore, in order to honour our commitment to player needs, we have arranged it so that European KO players with existing characters on USKO servers can continue to play there if they wish.
    One way of doing this, is for USKO to apply the IP ban at registration. A more sophisticated way would be for the IP ban to ignore any account created before <insert date>.

As of yet, there has been no statement from USKO on this, which is weird. But it may be that it is Magame rather than G1 that actually controls the IP blocking; or at least decides who should/should not be blocked.

Quote Originally Posted by Yoav View Post
    It's fake.
    NO U

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

LinkBacks (?)