Page 4 of 177 FirstFirst 123456781454104 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

NTTGame.com questions and answers thread

This is a discussion on NTTGame.com questions and answers thread within the General Chat forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; Originally Posted by loveya If they made The King able to report them directly that wouldnt be to bad, people ...
Page: 4

Quote Originally Posted by loveya View Post
    If they made The King able to report them directly that wouldnt be to bad, people wouldnt just vote for the biggest clan but rather for the guy who can do the job as the King. Tho most of the Kings are cunts anyway but atleast hes clan will be able to report hackers.
    Never ever give privileges to players.

Banned Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Boeren View Post
    to coolboy: not really sure if this is entirely true, not sure either which version they are using but if its something similar to japko/koko we could really attract new people, the bosses look way more like other mmorpg's, graphics are better, and face it or not but having tried both guildwars en wow, this pvp system still outbests the present ones from other games ( maybe guild wars 2 will rejuvenate, i dont know) so if they can deliver what they promise, this server could florish, unlike usko for the past years
    The graphics are still really outdated and people won't bother joining a game they do not know or have not heard of from gamer friends.
    I do agree PvP system is the best out there , but it's not the only factor that attracts people ; when people hear about the cheats , hacks , bugs and whatever else that's happening in this game , they really don't want to play anymore or even start playing , not to forget many people play games for the PvE aspect of the game which KO lacks badly , there is almost no end-game content , and you basically do the same thing ( Bifrost , ED , chaos , whatever ) every day , and ofcourse the grinding in order to level up doesn't suit everyone.

Little archer Senior Member

I strongly disagree with 3 opening servers on release... thats splitting a possibly small population way too much.

1 should be ideal, 2 at most.

oh and i hope you guys actually remove arrow shower / multiple shot cooldown :P that was what made me quit coupled with k2 retardation.

let a top archer join your server

Quote Originally Posted by Boeren View Post
    to coolboy: not really sure if this is entirely true, not sure either which version they are using but if its something similar to japko/koko we could really attract new people, the bosses look way more like other mmorpg's, graphics are better, and face it or not but having tried both guildwars en wow, this pvp system still outbests the present ones from other games ( maybe guild wars 2 will rejuvenate, i dont know) so if they can deliver what they promise, this server could florish, unlike usko for the past years
    with advertising, i also think it is possible to attract new people.
    but representing it as the pk based game, with best pk system ever that includes roles in party, combo system etc..
    i've tried an mmo or two also, and on mmorpg.com forum, i noticed there are still alot of players outhere that like the games that are pvp oriented, not pve.

new people would come, for the game whose point is to be the best. not to farm npc best^^

Quote Originally Posted by coolboyp2 View Post
    I'd like to hear the answers to these questions.
    About the advertising part though , I disagree ; I have seen several MMO sites promoting this game , and considering it's a decade old game , you can't really expect new people coming when they have GW2 , SWTOR , new WoW expansions , and what not coming their way for a much cheaper price.
    Only the older players ( Ko4life users ) and probably the turks appreciate this game's pvp system and continue to play for that sole reason , so I can understand why they come advertising on these forums and not trying to attract newbies.

Being they say there going to have a bigger base staff number then G1, and say they have bought the rights to release the game into europe (which would be a shit load of money), not taking into account that G1 releases the game to the biggest population, and correct me if im wrong, has far more players than any other KO version, they would need a SHIT load of cash to produce/uphold/release this game.

Basing a business on just taking players from an already (yes im gonna say) successful game, with a HUGE player base, blocking 99% of those players(turks), is just a fail all day. If this was legit and im not sayin its not, they would have already invested a shit tonne of cash into the game, nevermind buying the rights, even if they got 75% of the european players that actively spend money on KO it would barely be enough to cover startup costs, nevermind running costs.

Im genuinly interested in there plan of action, and why its so shady.

Never mind i found my answer.
    Last edited by KonohaFlash; 10-10-2011 at 08:22 AM.

Banned Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by razor View Post
    I strongly disagree with 3 opening servers on release... thats splitting a possibly small population way too much.

1 should be ideal, 2 at most.

oh and i hope you guys actually remove arrow shower / multiple shot cooldown :P that was what made me quit coupled with k2 retardation.

let a top archer join your server
    I think there should be 1 server aswell at the start to get a "feel" of how big the community is and then start releasing other servers.
    They can remove those cooldowns once they fix koxp ( if ever ).
    Top archer? is there such thing?

Quote Originally Posted by Lavie View Post
    As this is supposed to be a real business, do you actually have any advertising strategy? Other than attempting to steal USKO players from popular forums, i mean we both know even if 50% of this forum went to EUKO, it would barely fill a server.

Just seems shady to me, i mean honestly the website/forum looks like it was made by a child, and the only real advertising i've actually seen has just been posts on forums. Are you going to attempt to market the game towards new players and bring more people to the game or what?
    As stated by someone else, we've advertised. Judging by the number of signups (on our website/forums), we've had some exposure. Our advertising strategy is our business, however.

I am not here to "steal" customers from USKO. I am here to answer some questions, because I've noticed the discussion, and believe that adding a bit of actual information straight from the horse's mouth into the rumour mill is better than the alternative.

Is this just a K2/Mgame whatever breakaway were you secured the rights to europe on a whim and a whisper or did you actually buy them for a long period of time? Is it just a trial or will the servers be up aslong as older USKO server?
    I cannot predict how long the servers will be up for obviously: for as long as it's viable. We own the license for several years and can choose to extend it.

Have you bought the rights to edit the game code, so you can actually stop hackers/dupers/cheaters?
    Such rights are not sold, as far as I'm aware. In any case, we do not own them.

Are you under the same rules and regulations from Mgame as G1 are under?
    I am not familiar with the contents of the contracts between MGame and G1.

How many devs do you have? How many man strong is the team that will be solely dealing with the game? Will the GM's be on fulltime or will this be a casual job to them?
    I cannot tell you how large our team is, but our GMs are full-time, and we'll strive for (close to) 24/7 coverage.

Why didn't you official release the full details a couple months(6) before you were opening the BETA, instead of a few weeks?
    Because the technical/logistical side of it was more important to the people involved. A lot goes into this.

Last of all why do G1 have(or claim to have) no idea about EUKO? Surely somewhere in there contract there would be some form of clause were ATLEAST they would have to be informed if a company was going to buy the rights to release a competitor?
    I don't know what G1 do or do not claim, but they cannot be but well aware. What do you expect them to do or say?

Little archer Senior Member

I think there should be 1 server aswell at the start to get a "feel" of how big the community is and then start releasing other servers.
    They can remove those cooldowns once they fix koxp ( if ever ).
    Top archer? is there such thing?
    koxpers actually used hacks on shower / multishot probs 3 years ago.

then they added cooldown, and then that hack was patched somehow.

but mysteriously enough, the cooldown remained there... (except for orc side but thats another story)

koxp was never the reason to re-implement those cooldowns, it was more like k2 stupidity and the cries of unskilled noobs which forced it

is there such thing as a top archer? yes, you're reading his post atm

Good job on not stealing players bro!

Here's me, right now

Banned Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lavie View Post
    Being they say there going to have a bigger base staff number then G1, and say they have bought the rights to release the game into europe (which would be a shit load of money), not taking into account that G1 releases the game to the biggest population, and correct me if im wrong, has far more players than any other KO version, they would need a SHIT load of cash to produce/uphold/release this game.

Basing a business on just taking players from an already (yes im gonna say) successful game, with a HUGE player base, blocking 99% of those players(turks), is just a fail all day. If this was legit and im not sayin its not, they would have already invested a shit tonne of cash into the game, nevermind buying the rights, even if they got 75% of the european players that actively spend money on KO it would barely be enough to cover startup costs, nevermind running costs.

Im genuinly interested in there plan of action, and why its so shady.
    I don't think it's shady in any way , I think it's just a stupid business plan/move by them to block the vast majority of KO players ( turks ) , but advertising on what I assume is a lost purpose ( because in my opinion new players from other games will not join ) might be an even worse move and a waste of money.
    As I said in previous posts , they intend to open 3 worlds ( 6 servers ) without even knowing how big the community will be at launch - that's like the dumbest thing I've heard in a while.

The king. Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by loveya View Post
    If they made The King able to report them directly that wouldnt be to bad, people wouldnt just vote for the biggest clan but rather for the guy who can do the job as the King. Tho most of the Kings are cunts anyway but atleast hes clan will be able to report hackers.
    yea sounds good since ill be king anyways

I would fully expect them to denie you rights to release in Europe, your a direct competitor. Any company that would agree, being they would have too if a real contract was drawn up, is outright stupid or in on the action. Fact is that USKO pulls in the most money by a LARGE amount, now if they knew you were going to buy the rights for europe they could just simply say they will pull there contract from Mgame, which they would be payin a shit load for, and they would probably give you the arse instantly. So say you do actually get a good population on your servers, whos to say G1 wont cause a fuss and get it revoked.

How do you expect to cover your running costs, by merely taking a % of the european population from USKO?

On the servers again, are they stand-alone or hosted? If hosted, where?

Surely if you were going to, as said on your site going to ban players from USKO that were from EU so they would solely play your server, wouldn't you need some authority from Mgame, who in turn would have to speak with G1? Why do they claim no knowledge of this EUKO?

I don't think it's shady in any way , I think it's just a stupid business plan/move by them to block the vast majority of KO players ( turks ) , but advertising on what I assume is a lost purpose ( because in my opinion new players from other games will not join ) might be an even worse move and a waste of money.
    As I said in previous posts , they intend to open 3 worlds ( 6 servers ) without even knowing how big the community will be at launch - that's like the dumbest thing I've heard in a while.
    That would be like diggin a cow up that has been dead for 15 years, and milking it in hope something came out.

Any way you can prove NTTGame / EUKO is for real and not fake?

Its just beta, the population dosnt matter now, they will obviously see how many people commes and what to expect for officials. Then they will adjust for the servers -.-

LinkBacks (?)

1. Hits: 1
    04-28-2014, 07:59 PM
  2. Hits: 25
    05-11-2013, 05:57 AM
  3. Hits: 3
    04-16-2013, 10:26 PM
  4. Hits: 21
    05-01-2012, 07:43 PM
  5. Hits: 1
    02-06-2012, 05:18 AM
  6. Hits: 1