Page 76 of 177 FirstFirst ... 266672737475767778798086126176 ... LastLast
Results 1,126 to 1,140 of 2653
Like Tree1Likes

NTTGame.com questions and answers thread

This is a discussion on NTTGame.com questions and answers thread within the General Chat forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; Originally Posted by Futility Let's go back to talking about stuff that actually matters. While we will be launching the ...
Page: 76

Quote Originally Posted by Futility View Post
    Let's go back to talking about stuff that actually matters.

While we will be launching the PVP beta with level 83 characters, we've been thinking about level caps in general. Our main concern is player stratification, i.e. excessive inequality. The idea is that some players with fewer, let's say, real-world attachments will jump much too far ahead of the curve, unbalancing PVP in the process. Now, of course, some of that is simply part of the game and what makes it fun -- if you put in a lot of effort, you'll get to kick ass. It is a matter of finding the right balance.

We've been mulling about the following idea: to restrict the level cap at 70 for a while, then unlock it to 80 after three months have passed (the three months figure is provisional, of course) as well as Ardream, and then raise it to 83 after three months more. This would create a more egalitarian environment while providing the fast levelers with some time out to enjoy PVP at somewhat lower levels, as well (involuntary, true, but still.)

We are not yet completely decided on the idea, and would like player input. I wonder what you as a community would think of this. Keep in mind, however, that you as the more hard-core players will probably have more extreme views on the matter than gen-pop.
    Hm........not sure if I like the sound of that (and I am most likely not going to be among the first to 80) . It makes even less sense if you are going to put in Ardream later on, anyway.

Banned Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Spitfire View Post
    Hm........not sure if I like the sound of that (and I am most likely not going to be among the first to 80) . It makes even less sense if you are going to put in Ardream later on, anyway.
    Level 70 takes less than a week for hardcore players , casuals can do it in about 2-3 weeks.
    so yes , it's a bad idea ; could've been good like 3-4 expansions ago.

Banned for scamming.

Oh god, please don't. A level cap would surely ruin the fun imo.

Quote Originally Posted by coolboyp2 View Post
    Level 70 takes less than a week for hardcore players , casuals can do it in about 2-3 weeks.
    so yes , it's a bad idea ; could've been good like 3-4 expansions ago.

The exact period of time was up for debate. I am sceptical of the concept.

I don't like it either. Level 80 is doable for any casual player in 3 month. Ofcourse hardcore levelers will do it in less than one, but still, it's not like the old days when you had to exp for years to reach a decent level.
    So as much as I respect your dedication to a fair enviroment, I don't think it would be a good idea.

ps: not to mention it'd be a waste of EXP prem since lvl 70 = 1 week

Legendary Mage Senior Member tHeUnBeAtAbLe's Avatar

Look hon, your mommy may think that you're God's greatest gift to mankind, but that is, let's say, not an entirely accurate assessment. You accomplished nothing. I relayed player wishes as soon as they started showing up (long before you chimed in), and got final word on it yesterday evening.

I engage with you because it amuses me. No other reason. When it stops amusing me, you'll start noticing your posts magically disappearing.

For the record:

Person A has an acerbic wit, and
    Person B has an acerbic wit,
    Therefore Person A is Person B

is reasoning on the level of:

tHeUnBeAtAbLe is incurably stupid, and
    Paris Hilton is incurably stupid,
    Therefore tHeUnBeAtAbLe is Paris Hilton.

Keep on truckin'.
    Looks like someone didn't get loving from his mommy when he was a kid. It's ok man, there is a ton orphan parents willing to adopt... pretty sure even for a guy your age.

And you can keep telling yourself whatever you like, but all I see is proof. Just like in beta when I asked nicely at first for everyone to be given money and scrolls, I was ignored. So I had to spam it for you to realize, and within just half an hour of my last spam then... BAM everyone got a gold bar and scrolls. On a side a note I got an infraction for that spamming, but hey, I did it for the good of the community as you can't even deny that was a good suggestion that needed to be taken into effect. It's the same thing as what happened now. I had to come on your forums, to point out the shot that apparently you are not seeing... and make you come up with an answer. No matter what you want to say, you probably wouldn't have announced what you did until the last day or most likely right on release, just cause if you did it then, you would your ass insured. Now since you did say it, I'll hold you responsible to up keep your word... or else, well your promises will be just a joke towards the future. But I don't want to make any presumptions yet, if you truly say beta will be 83 capped, then I honestly believe you.

And trust me, it's arguments like this that amuse me as well. And you are right my posts will soon magically start disappearing cause you like any other person that has tried to "amuse himself" with arguing with me, starts raging. Only difference is that they rage and leave the argument, you can rage and have a delete button... on your forum, not on here... and on here your going to have to keep posting, unless you decide to crawl back to your little hole in your official forums. Even though I have a feeling I know who you are, but even if you don't, you should listen to the people commenting, I don't give ip and I don't stop posting... so in the end you'll just end up raging.

I got a clear answer from you, which was all I needed.. so take my advice and take a walk until the next time you are wanted to answer something as EUKO's community liason.. or if you really wanna express your rage in the long run and the true colors of what an "official server" community liaison is like.

ps. Some people might not have taken philosophy 101, so you're analysis might be fooling them, but not me. It's a nice attempt, but nonetheless a pretty big fail, even if it was suppose to be a joke.

Quote Originally Posted by tHeUnBeAtAbLe View Post
    Looks like someone didn't get loving from his mommy when he was a kid. It's ok man, there is a ton orphan parents willing to adopt... pretty sure even for a guy your age.

And you can keep telling yourself whatever you like, but all I see is proof. Just like in beta when I asked nicely at first for everyone to be given money and scrolls, I was ignored. So I had to spam it for you to realize, and within just half an hour of my last spam then... BAM everyone got a gold bar and scrolls. On a side a note I got an infraction for that spamming, but hey, I did it for the good of the community as you can't even deny that was a good suggestion that needed to be taken into effect. It's the same thing as what happened now. I had to come on your forums, to point out the shot that apparently you are not seeing... and make you come up with an answer. No matter what you want to say, you probably wouldn't have announced what you did until the last day or most likely right on release, just cause if you did it then, you would your ass insured. Now since you did say it, I'll hold you responsible to up keep your word... or else, well your promises will be just a joke towards the future. But I don't want to make any presumptions yet, if you truly say beta will be 83 capped, then I honestly believe you.

And trust me, it's arguments like this that amuse me as well. And you are right my posts will soon magically start disappearing cause you like any other person that has tried to "amuse himself" with arguing with me, starts raging. Only difference is that they rage and leave the argument, you can rage and have a delete button... on your forum, not on here... and on here your going to have to keep posting, unless you decide to crawl back to your little hole in your official forums. Even though I have a feeling I know who you are, but even if you don't, you should listen to the people commenting, I don't give ip and I don't stop posting... so in the end you'll just end up raging.

I got a clear answer from you, which was all I needed.. so take my advice and take a walk until the next time you are wanted to answer something as EUKO's community liason.. or if you really wanna express your rage in the long run and the true colors of what an "official server" community liaison is like.

ps. Some people might not have taken philosophy 101, so you're analysis might be fooling them, but not me. It's a nice attempt, but nonetheless a pretty big fail, even if it was suppose to be a joke.
    Oh look, the sweet salty tears of unfathomable butthurt. My favourite condiment. Keep them coming.

Banned Senior Member

Oh look, the sweet salty tears of unfathomable butthurt. My favourite condiment. Keep them coming.
    :O you're getting mad?

Random Nab Senior Member mumbojumbo's Avatar

Is it possible to have a PvP server where everyone has the same gear and lvl? I believe it would bring in people who would be pay instead of KO rats who slog 24hrs for months to lvl?

Why you guys tilt the game for sloggers/gold farmers when KO don't have a quest system to lvl up?

Quote Originally Posted by coolboyp2 View Post
    :O you're getting mad?
    In a whole host of parallel universes, I'm sure :')

I like the idea of lvl 70 cap =)

Quote Originally Posted by mumbojumbo View Post
    Is it possible to have a PvP server where everyone has the same gear and lvl? I believe it would bring in people who would be pay instead of KO rats who slog 24hrs for months to lvl?

Why you guys tilt the game for sloggers/gold farmers when KO don't have a quest system to lvl up?
    While I personally am not against the idea per se, leveling and getting gear is part of the MMORPG staple for a very good reason: it is a huge part of what makes the game fun for a whole lot of people.

Some of the best pvp happends in the 60-70 lvls.. God knows back in the days you were a beast if you had Scream .. God i hope this happends.. Such good times while lvling 60-70..

Hell i'll send you a case of beers if this goes through Futility!

I don't mind seeing it set at 70 for a while either, theres allready a whole bunch of nolifers rdy to jump on and they would prob rape everyone with high lvled chars yep. Not like they cant do it at 70 but it will be a little bit more fair.

inbe4razormad

Banned Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by *RW* View Post
    Some of the best pvp happends in the 60-70 lvls.. God knows back in the days you were a beast if you had Scream .. God i hope this happends.. Such good times while lvling 60-70..

Hell i'll send you a case of beers if this goes through Futility!
    Go play a 70 capped private server then.

LinkBacks (?)

1. Hits: 1
    04-28-2014, 07:59 PM
  2. Hits: 25
    05-11-2013, 05:57 AM
  3. Hits: 3
    04-16-2013, 10:26 PM
  4. Hits: 21
    05-01-2012, 07:43 PM
  5. Hits: 1
    02-06-2012, 05:18 AM
  6. Hits: 1