This is a discussion on NTTGame.com questions and answers thread within the General Chat forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; Originally Posted by Jckpsa
I know too much for my own good, please ban me.
It can be arranged....
yeah jckpsa the rogue was np transfering and hacking by the end of the normal beta
ye its getting silly. 5 days before release date and we still don't know how game will look like
well tbh they should have made a final decision by now? Official server releases in a couple of days already O.o
You played k2 games for way too long, this kind of info is usually well known months/weeks before start.
I dont really care about pus items since they will most likely be similar to usko. But lvl cap, bind on pick up items are different things. Depending on those some players decide if they will be playing or not.
So tomorrow in the morning pvp beta come outs, can't wait anymore.
I come bearing news!
- Given the pretty explicit wishes of (a large chunk of) the fanbase, we've convinced the devs not to go ahead with the level 70 cap on launch. We'll be launching with a level 80 cap initially, which will be raised to 83 within a few weeks (this for technicaly reasons), i.e. long before anyone will actually hit level 80. Though there is however a significant minority of people who would actually prefer the level 70 cap at first, and I'd love to be able to give them that, it does not seem to be doable at short notice. The level cap seems to be set in the game code rather than server-specific, and I very much doubt it can be changed before launch. Maybe in the future?
- The "New Moradon" map, apparently, was designed specifically for Turkish players (designed to look like the Blue Mosque). Soo... How many of you still want it? :P
- We'll be launching with two servers, one channel each, with several additional channels on standby to be launched at a moment's notice if server populations warrant it.
- The PVP beta will end a day earlier than stated previously: on Sunday November 6 at 8PM CET.
- We should have a full list of contest winners for you tomorrow.
good news, i hope everything will go smooth from now
I think you should leave the 80 cap in for a while, maybe a few months.
No to the new moradon, hate it.
One channel each? As in you'll have two servers - let's say Ares and Diez for reference purposes and you'll only have "Ares1" and "Diez1" ?
If so that is going to be a catastrophic failure, the first server will have at least 3000+ people on the first day and if your servers at like USKO's ( which they may not be, as u got the force1/2/3 thingys ) then only half the population, if not less, will be able to be in at one time. Even so, having only one world to exp in is going to mean a heck of a lot of KS.
yeah 2 worlds is perfect (like ares, xig...) but we need atleast 2, maybe 3 servers per world tho!
and the news you bring is amazing! if beta ends one day earlier will official begin 1 day sooner than?
Last edited by Boeren; 11-03-2011 at 06:28 PM.
I don't get the 2x1 server thing, even if more servers are on stand-by. If a low player population is expected, then 1x2 would make more sense, surely.
Last edited by Spitfire; 11-03-2011 at 06:33 PM. Reason: spelling