Page 77 of 177 FirstFirst ... 276773747576777879808187127 ... LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,155 of 2653
Like Tree1Likes

NTTGame.com questions and answers thread

This is a discussion on NTTGame.com questions and answers thread within the General Chat forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; Originally Posted by *RW* Some of the best pvp happends in the 60-70 lvls.. God knows back in the days ...
Page: 77

Quote Originally Posted by *RW* View Post
    Some of the best pvp happends in the 60-70 lvls.. God knows back in the days you were a beast if you had Scream .. God i hope this happends.. Such good times while lvling 60-70..

Hell i'll send you a case of beers if this goes through Futility!

It's still going to be quick to get to lvl 70.

Which brings up another problem: with exp prem, it would take not many days to get to lvl 70. The caps would mess up a couple of things.

Legendary Mage Senior Member tHeUnBeAtAbLe's Avatar

That's the worst idea ever. The past who knows how many USKO servers have opened with an 80/83 cap, and no one comained about it then. You make a level cap, and I can almost assure you, alot of the people that planned on joining, won't be coming... especially if it's like a 3 month cap.

This is what MMOs are. A specific type of gaming that require you to spend hours a day to improve your game performance, character and enjoyment. Not only is it already extremely easy to get 80, but you have to realize that you don't need max level or better items to do better in PK. This is an MMO, and in MMOs just like in real life, will always have elites. It's not changeable.

Only option that I see that is available is opening DCZ.. but then again, just like the numerous times I have spoken of my reasoning why DCZ should not be implemented, it stands to be a bad idea. People are desperate to leave USKO, yet you are not using that fact to your advantage. You have the power to set the parameters, and no matter what they are, people will always complain, but they will also have to deal with just like everyone had something I their lives that they just have to deal with, even though they mitt not like it.

Quote Originally Posted by Futility View Post
    Oh look, the sweet salty tears of unfathomable butthurt. My favourite condiment. Keep them coming.
    Yeah I think you getting mad. A short response to my long response only means that you choose the smart option around this situation, and that is to take a walk before you gave ip on posting and started raging. I just had to point out the obvious.

Quote Originally Posted by tHeUnBeAtAbLe View Post
    Yeah I think you getting mad. A short response to my long response only means that you choose the smart option around this situation, and that is to take a walk before you gave ip on posting and started raging. I just had to point out the obvious.
    The key to understanding tHeUnBeAtAbLe, more words = instawin. It don't even matter that you've been spewing verbal diarrhoea for five thousand posts... plus one.

Hoo-ey, aren't you just a born winner :')

Random Nab Senior Member mumbojumbo's Avatar

While I personally am not against the idea per se, leveling and getting gear is part of the MMORPG staple for a very good reason: it is a huge part of what makes the game fun for a whole lot of people.
    At the expense of stating the obvious, people who spend hours and hours on a game don't have the $$ which you want. But I guess you guys would have done your homework.

The key to understanding tHeUnBeAtAbLe, more words = instawin. It don't even matter that you've been spewing verbal diarrhoea for five thousand posts... plus one.

Hoo-ey, aren't you just a born winner :')
    Seems like you're learning. Good thing you released that I'm a "born winner".

Let's go back to talking about stuff that actually matters.

While we will be launching the PVP beta with level 83 characters, we've been thinking about level caps in general. Our main concern is player stratification, i.e. excessive inequality. The idea is that some players with fewer, let's say, real-world attachments will jump much too far ahead of the curve, unbalancing PVP in the process. Now, of course, some of that is simply part of the game and what makes it fun -- if you put in a lot of effort, you'll get to kick ass. It is a matter of finding the right balance.

We've been mulling about the following idea: to restrict the level cap at 70 for a while, then unlock it to 80 after three months have passed (the three months figure is provisional, of course) as well as Ardream, and then raise it to 83 after three months more. This would create a more egalitarian environment while providing the fast levelers with some time out to enjoy PVP at somewhat lower levels, as well (involuntary, true, but still.)

We are not yet completely decided on the idea, and would like player input. I wonder what you as a community would think of this. Keep in mind, however, that you as the more hard-core players will probably have more extreme views on the matter than gen-pop.
    Right now you just made half of the community, think once again if they should even make a come back...
    There's no challange when every1 at the same lvl, it will be nice for 1 week then every1 will be pissed enough to give up once more, but this time forever.

Don't destroy people's dreams or you'll lose many of them before you even began.

Beta lvl cap to 83 and easy lvling with free items tyvm. Nobody wants to farm and nolife when its just 4 days for official.. And btw the only thing why I would play in EUKO is that when u actually have nolifed and worked hard for 80+ lvl u can actually enjoy from it when theres ppl who don't have that and you're gaining advantages from it... Its a part of KO and KO always should be like that so don't take it away.

Banned Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kallop View Post
    Beta lvl cap to 83 and easy lvling with free items tyvm. Nobody wants to farm and nolife when its just 4 days for official..
    It's pvp beta , obviously it's insta 83 and free items...
    And rialix , +1!!!

Quote Originally Posted by coolboyp2 View Post
    It's pvp beta , obviously it's insta 83 and free items...
    And rialix , +1!!!
    I thought I read somewhere there wouldn't be free items but u would have to farm ;o

Let's go back to talking about stuff that actually matters.

While we will be launching the PVP beta with level 83 characters, we've been thinking about level caps in general. Our main concern is player stratification, i.e. excessive inequality. The idea is that some players with fewer, let's say, real-world attachments will jump much too far ahead of the curve, unbalancing PVP in the process. Now, of course, some of that is simply part of the game and what makes it fun -- if you put in a lot of effort, you'll get to kick ass. It is a matter of finding the right balance.

We've been mulling about the following idea: to restrict the level cap at 70 for a while, then unlock it to 80 after three months have passed (the three months figure is provisional, of course) as well as Ardream, and then raise it to 83 after three months more. This would create a more egalitarian environment while providing the fast levelers with some time out to enjoy PVP at somewhat lower levels, as well (involuntary, true, but still.)

We are not yet completely decided on the idea, and would like player input. I wonder what you as a community would think of this. Keep in mind, however, that you as the more hard-core players will probably have more extreme views on the matter than gen-pop.
    im loving this idea. server hopers with their 2+ sharers per account not gonna have unfair advantage like they use to. ko will be once again about skill/teamplay and not just nolife mode to get 80/83 before anyone else and then rape others in cz with babashoped items

Ñ∞ß² Senior Member

If you think hardcore players are going to disturb the balance then set account IP restrictions. Cause the ones you call hardcore/ no-lifers (in a polite way) actually share their accounts with 2+ others. K2 has done sth similar.

There is no reason for you to set a level cap for a certain period of time, and that is coming from someone who will be last in the 70s. First off, it keeps a part of the players from doing what they like most : exp'ing with in game friends. Let's be honest, this is one of the funnest parts in the beginning of servers. Second, has anyone ever complained about people being 80 before they get 70? I don't think so. Besides, a little bit of competition never hurts anyone. I prefer being 75 while everyone is 80... keeps a certain challenge.

Quote Originally Posted by Machiavelli View Post
    If you think hardcore players are going to disturb the balance then set account IP restrictions. Cause the ones you call hardcore/ no-lifers (in a polite way) actually share their accounts with 2+ others. K2 has done sth similar.
    If you want a more active server then I really suggest u don't do anything like this.

Quote Originally Posted by tHeUnBeAtAbLe View Post
    Seems like you're learning. Good thing you released that I'm a "born winner".
    Sarcasm can be a pretty difficult thing to grasp when you do all of your thinking with the brain stem, huh :')

LinkBacks (?)

1. Hits: 1
    04-28-2014, 07:59 PM
  2. Hits: 25
    05-11-2013, 05:57 AM
  3. Hits: 3
    04-16-2013, 10:26 PM
  4. Hits: 21
    05-01-2012, 07:43 PM
  5. Hits: 1
    02-06-2012, 05:18 AM
  6. Hits: 1