Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

New Border war Format?

This is a discussion on New Border war Format? within the General Chat forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; Hello Knights of Carnac! We have some exciting news for you today. On April 21st, 2009, the Border Defense War ...
Page: 1

Strike

Hello Knights of Carnac!

We have some exciting news for you today. On April 21st, 2009, the Border Defense War event will be undergoing major changes.

The Border Defense War has been revamped so that players of a wider level range may now participate! The BDW will now be broken down into "Low Level" and "High Level" instances. These instances will be further broken down according to the player's level. Players will now be grouped together according to their specific level.

Low Level 20-29, 30-39, 40-49, 50-57

High Level 58-64, 65-72, 73-77

The high level BDW can only progress through the war when both nations have 8 participants. Parties will now be determined by the player, not the game. This means you will now be able to join your friends and clan mates during the BDW!

It will now be much easier for you to join the BDW. Instead of traveling to an NPC, you may now be anywhere in the game and a pop-up window will ask if you would like to participate. You may either select "Join" or "Decline". 10 minutes after selecting "Join" you will be zoned to Kaluga Valley.

Ways To Win

There are 2 ways to win the new Border Defense War.

1) The first team to get 80 PVP kills automatically wins in the high level BDW.
    The first team to get 50 PVP kills automatically wins the low level BDW.

2) The second way to win involves capturing the Center Guard Tower. The Center Guard Tower may not be captured within the first minute of combat. After the first minute has expired players must attempt to click on the Tower and defend it for a certain amount of time without dying.

If the Center Guard Tower is captured within the first 10 minutes of combat, it must be held for 3 minutes.

If the Center Guard Tower is captured within the second 10 minutes of combat, it must be held for 2 minutes.

If Center Guard Tower is captured within the final 10 minutes of combat, it must be held for 1 minute.

If at the end of the 30 minutes no team has 80 kills or defended the tower, the team holding the tower at the end wins. If neither party holds the tower at the end of combat, the team with the most kills wins. If neither team has control of the tower, and the number of kills is even at the end, both teams will be "defeated".

Winning the war will reward the player with an amount of Experience determined by their level as well as an item.

Link to post on official forum here:
    http://forum.knightonlineworld.com/forum_e...howtopic=196529

I wonder how much xp the *High lvl* range gets...... does change things a little too now that you get to pick your party members.

Legendary Mage Senior Member tHeUnBeAtAbLe's Avatar

Fucking sweet, they are making leveling easier probably, xp scrolls till level 77 ftw.

nice
    im guessing new server comes out with it

DaZeDAnDCoNfUsEd

for once they actually do something that sounds really good ...glad im still 57...time to go beat down some 50s <3 ... then gogogo 62+ for judgment

and the fact that you now can choose your parties makes it freakin sweet...can be like an 8 on 8 clan war of opposing nations

Strike

ya but looking at the lvl format, if you are 58-59 then you get grouped with 60+ people as well so the new ardream lvl is 57? unless the rewards are not worth going for at the lower level range.

Well i think 21st is a tuesday and thats maintance so new server date has been revealed?

Well i think 21st is a tuesday and thats maintance so new server date has been revealed?[/b]
    hope so cause i that enough time to make money for Premium

Strike

Well i think 21st is a tuesday and thats maintance so new server date has been revealed?[/b]
    that was the target date for the new server last i knew but come on ppl this is K2 we&#39;re talking about here so who knows when it will actually come out.

DaZeDAnDCoNfUsEd

ya but looking at the lvl format, if you are 58-59 then you get grouped with 60+ people as well so the new ardream lvl is 57? unless the rewards are not worth going for at the lower level range.[/b]
    true true, but still will be pretty fun though ^_^...although itll completely ruin that 58-64 range for any dcz chars...unless theyre super pimped out like H0RR0R&#39;s warrior was for dcz

mrmagic2008

true true, but still will be pretty fun though ^_^...although itll completely ruin that 58-64 range for any dcz chars...unless theyre super pimped out like H0RR0R&#39;s warrior was for dcz[/b]
    if people are picking their own parites, i dont see anyone adding palyer level 59 and under in that range.....

Strike

if people are picking their own parites, i dont see anyone adding palyer level 59 and under in that range.....[/b]
    that&#39;s true but because your oponents are still randomly chosen, a party pf lvl 58-59 vs a party of 60-64 will happen quite often.

DoNotMess

i think the picking parties thing is very dumb. A clan goes together and makes their own party and if they&#39;re pair&#39;d up against a group of ppl who did not create their party, who do you think will insta win?. Unless they make it so that pre determined parties face other pre determined parties, this will really suck for ppl who don&#39;t go with clans or have no clan members active at that time.

Look&#39;s nice but, get 8 72&#39;s vs 8 65&#39;s, ehh, raped. XD

mrmagic2008

i think the picking parties thing is very dumb. A clan goes together and makes their own party and if they&#39;re pair&#39;d up against a group of ppl who did not create their party, who do you think will insta win?. Unless they make it so that pre determined parties face other pre determined parties, this will really suck for ppl who don&#39;t go with clans or have no clan members active at that time.[/b]
    ++1

▁ ▂ ▃ ▄ ▅ ▆ █ 100%VOLUME Senior Member SamEs's Avatar

too bad there is no 80-83 bdw just for the fun

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast