One of the cheapest official servers incoming? Yes / No?

This is a discussion on One of the cheapest official servers incoming? Yes / No? within the General Chat forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; I have been playing a few PSKO lately and as an surprising factory, i noticed that all turkish based servers ...
Page: 1

Default One of the cheapest official servers incoming? Yes / No?

I have been playing a few PSKO lately and as an surprising factory, i noticed that all turkish based servers are extremely cheap to play in.
    The KC prices has been somewhere around 1/5 of what all PSKO here @ko4life are advertising.

The downfall of turkish economy and followed by cheap liras is taking place on KO -servers right now.
    Propably all the servers being released wont have any proper turkish playerbases due to this fact that the dollars are way too expensive curently.

Was wondering about upcoming official servers tho:

- Are we getting one of the cheapest official server to play at?
    or
    - Are we getting one of the emptiest official server to play at?

One thing is for sure, every server holder here needs to do a price check if they want any turkish players on them.

Let me know what you think about the economy impacts and would love if any turkish players would post their opinions!

BR,

SPANKME

SEXIEST NOSE ON EARTH Senior Member SheldonCooper's Avatar

What I did is I checked klasgame KC prices and balanced it for turkish community for the upcoming Bazinga

But turks will play official server no matter what are the kc prices anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by SheldonCooper View Post
    What I did is I checked klasgame KC prices and balanced it for turkish community for the upcoming Bazinga

That's what i thought first but then again, its quite a lot more expensive now.
    I wouldn't play steamko if i had to pay 3-5x more for premiums & scrolls.

Private servers are cheaper and feels like hackers are more controlled there, than officials. Which means server is more comfortable to play. Official is income for many players, so i think there will be players anyways. Prices on official needs to be calculated i agree that. STEAMKO specially.
    For sure, there is time to open new official server without ip limits, with new balanced prices.

Little archer Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by SheldonCooper View Post

Nah they bitched like little babies about STKO prices even back in the day. Seems to be worse now so they prob wouldn't bother.

Ancient Tribesman Moderator Darken's Avatar
    In deep d4rk forest, with thick mists is something valuable hidden.The Village of Golden Tribesman

How can someone even compare private servers to officials in any way especially in prices. Any random private server dies few days after it was released, in better case few weeks, or few months max?

On other hand, true is the fact that steam KO Knight cash could handle being a bit cheaper, at least same prices as USKO would be nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Darken View Post
    How can someone even compare private servers to officials in any way especially in prices. Any random private server dies few days after it was released, in better case few weeks, or few months max?

On other hand, true is the fact that steam KO Knight cash could handle being a bit cheaper, at least same prices as USKO would be nice.

I don't mean compare prices on privates, trying to say it over all. How it feels on private servers. Official pays taxes and such, has to be higher. But like to see SPANK's text about economy and TL currency.

There is few farm and pk servers which been lasting 8-12 months, some servers which been 2-3 years up without reset and still brings new content.

True thing on ko, usual server kinda dies kinda fast in officials also. Mean i was against private servers and still waiting for usko open new server. But so far been enjoying on privates. Hackers better controlled, support reacting faster and servers lasts long.

If server fails, it wont feel that bad to spend low amount euros for KC. Best example is Hellsgarem on steamko died quite fast, which felt bad for used euros. Blocking turkish ip:s was one thing which effected, but also hackers were around and controlling hackers started after population dropped critically.

There is also failure private servers a lot ye. Officials are more safe to players, since it is legal company. Less risks on security.

Steam takes part from steamko, but i think there is still something extra which could be dropped.

Don't want take this topic to off from original idea, so wont continue about private and official differences. Waiting for new official \o/

GloStix (Prestige ******) Senior Member NuclearWinter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MrHankey View Post
    I don't mean compare prices on privates, trying to say it over all. How it feels on private servers. Official pays taxes and such, has to be higher. But like to see SPANK's text about economy and TL currency.

There is few farm and pk servers which been lasting 8-12 months, some servers which been 2-3 years up without reset and still brings new content.

True thing on ko, usual server kinda dies kinda fast in officials also. Mean i was against private servers and still waiting for usko open new server. But so far been enjoying on privates. Hackers better controlled, support reacting faster and servers lasts long.

If server fails, it wont feel that bad to spend low amount euros for KC. Best example is Hellsgarem on steamko died quite fast, which felt bad for used euros. Blocking turkish ip:s was one thing which effected, but also hackers were around and controlling hackers started after population dropped critically.

There is also failure private servers a lot ye. Officials are more safe to players, since it is legal company. Less risks on security.

Steam takes part from steamko, but i think there is still something extra which could be dropped.

Don't want take this topic to off from original idea, so wont continue about private and official differences. Waiting for new official \o/
    hells died because all the babaed english players sat in 1 clan on one nation and bled the server economy dry. it had nothing to do with pricing or no turks...

Quote Originally Posted by NuclearWinter View Post
    hells died because all the babaed english players sat in 1 clan on one nation and bled the server economy dry. it had nothing to do with pricing or no turks...
    It had everything to do with no turks lol

GloStix (Prestige ******) Senior Member NuclearWinter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rhymes View Post
    It had everything to do with no turks lol
    think whatever you want, it was a near 150 man clan all sitting same nation, taking every drop for months at server opening that killed it. Then jacking the prices of everything WAY up because they could.

if turks won't be able to afford PUS prices anymore then in the short term PUS prices will drop but in the long term it could be the death of KO. Less money -> less profit -> need to cut costs -> fewer servers / employees (I wonder how many people are employed at NTTGames, especially within the KO Section) -> if profits aren't pleasantly higher than the costs then eventually good bye KO.

Did Erdogan ruin KO?

Nym

Quote Originally Posted by Diver View Post
    Did Erdogan ruin KO?
    No Nttgame ruin.

ko is a dying game, and they realize this, that's why there will be no new opening of a official server, cause they'd lose population on other servers immediately. they should merge all existing servers into one, and open up one new official server. once a year! have two always open. and after a year merge the new one into the existing server again and repeat the process. will bring more people to the game to give them a chance at the game. keeps most of the OP OG's on main server and always a new server for new coming players to give it a shot. and within the 1 year mark you should be decently geared to play on the main server when it comes time to merge it together again.

Quote Originally Posted by Zindalzic View Post
    ko is a dying game...

This is a common belief since 2006 :-)
    Anyways, today I believe it's true. About time though, it's been 15 years now for KO.

maybe man so the pvp on this game is very nice