Voters
313. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

153 48.88%
  • No

160 51.12%
Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Opinion Towards people who spend $$ on game to get ahead

This is a discussion on Opinion Towards people who spend $$ on game to get ahead within the General Chat forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; this game is like a hobby for many ppl and also for me. U buy better equipment which will help ...
Page: 2

this game is like a hobby for many ppl and also for me. U buy better equipment which will help u to gain better results. Like better boots for football, better glue for models, better fishing pool etc.

U can say that those items r just pixels and u can lose them anytime. But, Its same with material things. U can lose them, they can break or some1 can steal them.

Of course there r better ways of spending money. u can buy something for ur mother or dog. Or give some for charoity. Its ur money u can do with them whatever u want!

Thats why i dont think spending money on this game is something bad.

I'd rather try to get them with my own effort tha with my wallet

Dro
    As hot sauce on your taco Senior Member

Well... The whole USD trades issue is rather viable to discuss in many areas.

One would be that, as have been said above, anyone can do whatever they want with their own money. What they do with it, is only their problem and their decition. If a product is on the market, whoever chooses to buy it, for whatever the reasons are, is in all of his rights, and shouldn't even be discussed that buying it is wrong. That's one arguement.... on the other side, drugs are on the market aswell, but isn't it condemened to buy them? Using it as a radical example, both KO and drugs are highly addictive, are not really good for one's development in jobs, society, relationships, etcetera etcetera...

As far as using this sort of trades, it is like getting an extra advantage. I always thought of spending a lot of real life money on characters and items as to taking a cab in a marathon. Someone can get geared out in a heartbeat if he has enough money to buy whatever he wants, compared to people that can't afford it, wich either have to play a lot, be lucky and know exactly what to do to get better items and characters, or all of this. It is an advantage definetly, being this a game when everyone can start at the same time, and develope themselves based on their dedication, and using external aid makes a lot of difference.

I've heard people arguing that USD trades are fair by saying stuff like :
    "Well, I have a job and a life, so excuse me for spending my money to buy a character and items, cuz I don't have enough time to lvl to 70 or to wait 8 hours for a boss to spawn, or to PK for hours and hours to get a NP symbol."
    But that's a rather weak arguement in my opinion, since we all have lifes... how do we decide to spend our own time is something completely different.

But problem is that the evolution of this game has leaded it towards the concept of making the players that are able to invest money on it, the ones with most facilities. Items such as NP increasement scrolls, Trinas, HP/AC/Speed/Other bonuses, premium, exp increasement scrolls and any other make it easier for a person to get better and outgame the people that can't afford them. For example: In the begining of a server, whoever gets to 60 first is the person that can afford Gold premium, exp scrolls every hour and exp valkiries without blinking twice. To get the Top1, it'll be easier if you can afford 2000 hp, 350 ac, other bonus (STR, HP, Dex...) and NP increasement scrolls. Wich isn't necesarily a problem, since K2 benefits from this, and in chain reaction, so do the other players, cuz K2 with more money equals K2 able to buy patches, servers, fix problems, etc...

On the other hand, a handfull of other issues make USD trades the most beneficial, like having a coins limit so rather useless when there's coins inflation, or the low drop rate on certain items, wich makes the only viable to be acquired from players that are leaving game and couldn't care less of coins.. and so on.

Banned

i think its oke if they wana invest theyr money for that game...its theyr life ...
    so we really have rights to judge them?

MillionVoices

IDK why i even post questions here, because everone's ability to comprehend is terrbile and that anology about buying cars is the worst thing I ever heard. I coudve got the same close minded posts from a wall.

I didnt ask anyone fucking opinion about spending money, this has nothing to do with "ways ppl spend their $$"

The fact still remians that weak players who suck at gaming usually spend Money to buy items in games.

That expalins why their are so many unskilled players who have high lvl and nice gear. Its cause they dont know wtf they are doing .

Dont play the game, if you not goona play the way its meant to be played. Im not even goona bother mentioning how its a waste of $$ because its not

what im talking about. Im talking about BUYING items cause you suck too much to get them yourself. I gurannete the next post will still be somethnig

like "they can do whatever they want with their $$". I dont give A FUCK about it either. Its their $$ yea let them do what they want, but my opinion of

people who buy items isnt a HIGH ONE. Thats all i was asking. Your Opinion , not the ways they can spedn thier $$. So lets get this straight. This post

has nothing to do with BEing able to afford anything.

MillionVoices

i think its oke if they wana invest theyr money for that game...its theyr life ...
    so we really have rights to judge them?[/b]
    Again, its not about the $$.

Whats your opinion of the PEOPLE who buy items for $$.

DO you feel their worthy KO players?

MillionVoices

Items such as NP increasement scrolls, Trinas, HP/AC/Speed/Other bonuses, premium, exp increasement scrolls and any other make it easier for a person to get better[/b]
    dont 4get ppl who buy those items and sell them for $$.

Shit let me change my thesis:

Players who spend money on KO are a joke !!

Bukowski

Yeah I have way more respect for people who play non-stop not even taking time for showers or eating until they begin to reek of their own urine. GOGOGO get those items, you've earned them.

ObiraBiro

IDK why i even post questions here, because everone's ability to comprehend is terrbile and that anology about buying cars is the worst thing I ever heard. I coudve got the same close minded posts from a wall.

I didnt ask anyone fucking opinion about spending money, this has nothing to do with "ways ppl spend their $$"

The fact still remians that weak players who suck at gaming usually spend Money to buy items in games.

That expalins why their are so many unskilled players who have high lvl and nice gear. Its cause they dont know wtf they are doing .

Dont play the game, if you not goona play the way its meant to be played. Im not even goona bother mentioning how its a waste of $$ because its not

what im talking about. Im talking about BUYING items cause you suck too much to get them yourself. I gurannete the next post will still be somethnig

like "they can do whatever they want with their $$". I dont give A FUCK about it either. Its their $$ yea let them do what they want, but my opinion of

people who buy items isnt a HIGH ONE. Thats all i was asking. Your Opinion , not the ways they can spedn thier $$. So lets get this straight. This post

has nothing to do with BEing able to afford anything.[/b]

taking the fact we can only enter when turks are sleeping... It makes hard to farm/exp/pk
    Other whise... We will be already spending $$ for premium. But thats awayyyyy to different from babaShopping.

Banned

It sounds like your just pissed that someone has better gear than you, and didn't put as much time into it. I have respect for people who deserve respect, I don't care if they spend 20$ a month on premium, or 200$ a month+ on gear. If they are good honest people, who don't koxp, dupe, or just plain cheat in anyway then they are no less of a person than you. It's no different than buying pus items that give you an advantage, so once again. It's their money, they can spend it how they like. Doesn't make them any more or less respectable as a person.

manveerj

Premium is the only thing im fine with really. But honestly Its like paintballing. Like it more buy better gear for usd

Internet pervert Senior Member

dont 4get ppl who buy those items and sell them for $$.

Shit let me change my thesis:

Players who spend money on KO are a joke !![/b]
    Premium .__.?

They are technically spending money ON ko O.o

This is like saying its unfair that the bratty 13 year old next to you can buy more yu-gi-oh cards then you so he gets better cards.

MillionVoices

It sounds like your just pissed that someone has better gear than you[/b]
    i swear to you its not that. I dont even care.

I just find it pathetic.

First of all i may be biased because i am a babashopa

but just listen

i would rather spend usd to players who are leaving this game then spend the same money on premiums and scrolls and watever else it takes to farm those items / char because frankly the ppl who aren't babashopping is the reason k2 is able to treat everyone like shit as long as the money comes there doing watever they want

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast