Voters
313. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

153 48.88%
  • No

160 51.12%
Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Opinion Towards people who spend $$ on game to get ahead

This is a discussion on Opinion Towards people who spend $$ on game to get ahead within the General Chat forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; I got more respect for people who worked hard for their items ,like reselling items ,boss hunts etc....
Page: 5

SocialParasite Senior Member Kronos's Avatar

I got more respect for people who worked hard for their items ,like reselling items ,boss hunts etc.

Ancient Tribesman Moderator Darken's Avatar
    In deep d4rk forest, with thick mists is something valuable hidden.The Village of Golden Tribesman

stupid poll[/b]
    +1

not everybody is fukkin nolifer sitting behind KO 24/7 camping bosses for shits.

ObiraBiro

Lets see this has 2 "legal" options:

1- You wont spend money buying item , but only premium .
    U start to farm , on bowl , eslant etc... By the time u get the gear u wich... u already spend the same amount of
    money , by paying the premium
    , has if u was buying babashopped items. Becouse you wont farm without premium to get the gear.

2- buy items for USD. Less time spent... And its the same sh1t. But instead of paying X money by X money...
    you pay in total.

Now about those +9 | +3... Its diferent ofc.

japo

Lets see this has 2 "legal" options:

1- You wont spend money buying item , but only premium .
    U start to farm , on bowl , eslant etc... By the time u get the gear u wich... u already spend the same amount of
    money , by paying the premium
    , has if u was buying babashopped items. Becouse you wont farm without premium to get the gear.

2- buy items for USD. Less time spent... And its the same sh1t. But instead of paying X money by X money...
    you pay in total.
    Now about those +9 | +3... Its diferent ofc.[/b]
    yes, if you count gold premiums required for a lvl 75+ for example, its cheaper (and dont require time) buy the char... Rename it and also buy items if u want. but i think that Pay A LOT for play this game isnt necessary ^^

I prefair sell, and later buy with earned money... If u are good seller u wont need never waste money in this game, and if you play ur char well u will sell more drops than u need for play

What is your opnion on all these people who spend $$ in KO, just to have an advantage.

Iv always though thats its pretty weak, buying items to make urself better. Its like somethnig that you cant accomplish yourself so you go out and buy items for USD just to get ahead of other people. Part of the game is th fun of hunting bosses and earning the items, like somethnig you worked hard for. Buying items to get ahead is just weak. Ya DIG!1[/b]

work hard to get items? its iether u sit in front of a computer and lose all types of time tryin to get items or work in real life and use some of that money that u "earn" by working . u say babashoppers dont work hard? how u think they got the $$$ to buy sht for this game. u tellin me sitting in front of pc hours for the day is harder than going out there and makin real money? i believe for those who work hard and earn their money has the right wut ever it is they wana do with their $$$ cause they too earned it. i guess its workin "smarter" than harder. "ya dig!?"

To a certain extent I have nothing wrong with it tbh, but there needs to be a fine line when to stop. +0 uniques (just an example), alright thats fine cause anyone can farm those rather easy but you choose to not waste your time. What pisses me off is when people baba +2/3 uniques and +9 items... because USD is the only way to obtain shit like that, and most likely it all comes from shady sources. If people played one server and wants to move to another wtf he supposed to do? Farm again? I got nothing wrong with doing inter-server or usd trades to obtain items on another server or hell, gain the money on your own. It's kinda funny that KO once made my car payment because I really needed money back then. Luckily I have a very good job now but either way, there needs to be a line drawn.

No offence to Tez or Aba (or whoever the fuck buys his items lol), but to say you haven't spent your own money on items is bullshit and just a cover up because even you feel bad for spending so much on a game. If this game is your hobby then you need to find a new hobby other than sitting on a computer all day. Although KO never "ruined my life" like a lot of people say, I spent to much time on it... and thankfully thats not the case anymore. If your a 35-55 year old vet then yep, go babashop your ass off because you no longer have your whole life ahead of you like some of these 15-20 year old kids who waste their money on games when they could be saving for something worth while. Stop relying on your parents. And yes I do know some people over 40 who play KO, just look at amity clan on diez and you will understand what I am talking about.

KO changes your attitude, and in game accociations are not the same as real life and its going to take time for people to realize that.

Zxenke

Babashop if you want, but remember, they are only making up for lack of stuff otherwise I personally would rather have shitty gear I got by myself with farming and trading and whatnot then be a leet geared priest with a cs and other shit. Personal satisfaction? Sure

Banned

+1

not everybody is fukkin nolifer sitting behind KO 24/7 camping bosses for shits.[/b]
    you never heard of server restarts have you?

if they are as good as they say they are, they wouldnt need to buy anything. i know certain people with lvl 70-72 chars who couldnt do anything until they bought a lvl 77-80.

mathias

u mean spend money like babashop right ?

just wasn't sure h34r:

susGe

its a double edge sword personally i feel if i spend my time on the game collecting items when i dont want to play anymore i should be able to sell that stuff, but that doesnt mean i have to respect the people who buy it from me. To me there is also a big difference between a babashopper and someone who bought one or two items. I consider a babashopper someone who bought most of there gear. I can see buying a rol because you just cant get one, but people who bought all there jewels, armor, and weapons to me are not worthy of my respect.

susGe

work hard to get items? its iether u sit in front of a computer and lose all types of time tryin to get items or work in real life and use some of that money that u "earn" by working . u say babashoppers dont work hard? how u think they got the $$$ to buy sht for this game. u tellin me sitting in front of pc hours for the day is harder than going out there and makin real money? i believe for those who work hard and earn their money has the right wut ever it is they wana do with their $$$ cause they too earned it. i guess its workin "smarter" than harder. "ya dig!?"[/b]
    His obvious point was that people who dont babashop work harder for there gear. You think all the people who have good gear who dont babashop are jobless? It is possible to both work and play KO. This thread isnt about whether or not you should spend the money you earned on KO items, its about whether or not you respect people who do so. Im pretty sure no one gives a damn what you spend your money on.

Banned

Why shouldn't you respect them? All they did was buy some items/accounts with USD. If your so pathetic that you disrespect someone because they have better pixels than you, then you seriously need a life. As long as they didn't dupe them and the items are legit then what does it matter?

work hard to get items? its iether u sit in front of a computer and lose all types of time tryin to get items or work in real life and use some of that money that u "earn" by working . u say babashoppers dont work hard? how u think they got the $$$ to buy sht for this game. u tellin me sitting in front of pc hours for the day is harder than going out there and makin real money? i believe for those who work hard and earn their money has the right wut ever it is they wana do with their $$$ cause they too earned it. i guess its workin "smarter" than harder. "ya dig!?"[/b]
    I don't know if thats the whole point but its also much easier to get gear with USD then with getting them yourself ingame. In 1 day of making minimum wage I could probly buy myself some top tier uniques, which would take weeks of farming...

Basically you could work 1-2 weeks and get something someone worked months ingame to create... so of course people who don't babashop will complain

susGe

Why shouldn't you respect them? All they did was buy some items/accounts with USD. If your so pathetic that you disrespect someone because they have better pixels than you, then you seriously need a life. As long as they didn't dupe them and the items are legit then what does it matter?[/b]
    My lack of respect for them doesnt come from the fact that they have "better pixels" it comes from the fact that they took the easy way out. For example say we were both going to climb a mountain. I climb the mountain, and you get a helicopter to simply take you to the top. Respect is something that has to be earned, imo atleast. Its not something you simply give someone because they are alive. There are people who i know have babashopped but they still earned my respect, but talking in general i have no respect for the people taking the easy way out. Also that last part about as long as the items arent duped and are legit then whats the problem? That in itself is the problem. Most of the stuff that is bought is bought from the very duping turks that the community seems to hate so much. I remember a while back this turkish guy was selling chitin shields +8 on ebay, and in the picture he didnt have just one cs he had a entire inn page full. Alot of stuff that is sold is bought from legit players who quit, but you better believe that a even larger chunk is bought from illegitimate places.

MillionVoices

you never heard of server restarts have you?

if they are as good as they say they are, they wouldnt need to buy anything. i know certain people with lvl 70-72 chars who couldnt do anything until they bought a lvl 77-80.[/b]
    +1

i have gotten like 3 rols and 4 rocs like this.
    I havent played for weeks to just login on a restart and gain huge wealth.

@Tapion no one owned me . No one can own me. Xcept like 2-3 80 chars on my server. I have 1337 gear. Im just imaging a proable situation.

It just pisses me off those suckers who are total shit, making posts on forums. Buying this and buying that.

I can imagine some legit ares player(A) who owns in cz, lets say they beat player B.

Player B goes and buys super Uniques. He owns player A and then he shows off and brags that he is the best KO player ever . I would just think of him as a noob

becauses liek Gsus said he took the easy way out. He's still a noob.

Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast