Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415 LastLast

Paddy's New Competition

This is a discussion on Paddy's New Competition within the General Chat forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; How was yours creative? I fail to see how copying a bunch of vines is original. You copied them off ...
Page: 13

gyrn

How was yours creative?
    I fail to see how copying a bunch of vines is original. You copied them off mother nature.

you've never been exposed to the concept of 'a competition' before have you?

imma cut you up Senior Member lIIIIIIIIIIl's Avatar

gyrn u do know u haven't contributed anything to speak here? so i could care less about ur opinions ty :huh:

n paddy i've been exposed to concepts of competitions, just not those which haven't got clear definitions of what is considered a win :lol:

or at least u could've said i've been blinded by ur ever changing words

the competition was clear, the winner was the cape i liked the most

beauty is in the eye of the beholder

i'm currently astounded by quite how pathetic this has gotten

YOU DIDN'T WIN, GET OVER IT

I know you're skilled at photoshop cava, but in this instance you didn't win.

i agreed, i also said i feel cheated because thats how i see wuzzle's "creative" piece of work. n then there're some obvious ppl who can't wait to add more oil to the flames and some who don't really get what i'm saying. but its ok

jesus fuckin christ i'm not even allowed to speak my mind? alright then.

gyrn

Why do I have to contribute something to observe and have an opinion? You have a very closed mind for someone that claims to be creative. Time spent does not = creativity. I guess for you something has to be completely from scratch to be creative?????? If so then you are obviously mistaken about creativity. The real issue at hand is how to deal with a self-righteous looser.

Wuzzle

Is really no different to use pre made brushes download and used.

I could of made a "brush" from that picture and used it that way would that make you happy?

definition:
    Creativity (or creativeness) is a mental process involving the generation of new ideas or concepts, or new associations between existing ideas or concepts.

now, tell me how copying and pasting is a new idea/concept. i'm sure nobody has done it before(sarcasm if u r really not smart enough to figure it out)[/b]
    Art itself have no logical defination, no one can say this or that isnt art, all those who showed their picture in this topic have their own unique creative idea of how it should be, art doesnt have to be created by high tech like Photoshop or whatever fancy application ppl prefer nowadays, sometimes the old fasion way beats the new tech in some aspect. Judge ur picture by ur own flames, I would like to ask what exactly is YOURS creativity? As I see u simply put out some flowers + some photoshop effect and filtering, that is photoshop skill, not creativity. Personally I find that naked one most creative. Sure, it was in poor quality and bad editing, but the idea is nice and funny. Art is as much different and undefined as human in this world, everyone have their own unique opinion of how art should be, u cant change that, if ppl finds the winner picture attractive, then Im sure theres a reason for it.

And yes, u lost, get over it.

PS: If u still dont get it, try visit some museum and ull find urself many painting that doesnt make any sense at all, and then come back and tell me what creative means.

Art itself have no logical defination, no one can say this or that isnt art, all those who showed their picture in this topic have their own unique creative idea of how it should be, art doesnt have to be created by high tech like Photoshop or whatever fancy application ppl prefer nowadays, sometimes the old fasion way beats the new tech in some aspect. Judge ur picture by ur own flames, I would like to ask what exactly is YOURS creativity? As I see u simply put out some flowers + some photoshop effect and filtering, that is photoshop skill, not creativity. Personally I find that naked one most creative. Sure, it was in poor quality and bad editing, but the idea is nice and funny. Art is as much different and undefined as human in this world, everyone have their own unique opinion of how art should be, u cant change that, if ppl finds the winner picture attractive, then Im sure theres a reason for it.

And yes, u lost, get over it.

PS: If u still dont get it, try visit some museum and ull find urself many painting that doesnt make any sense at all, and then come back and tell me what creative means.[/b]
    u fail to see what i meant capt. yes the naked one was most creative i agree, but NOT wuzzle's. wuzzle's wasn't even her own work, do u get it. its just pasting a picture/s, jesus. ok so i copy another person's work n i add in text n i say its my tag.. does that make me creative? NO in fact i would've been put through hell for stealing somebody's work, n its a clearer form of ripping when you do even less work to it.

if wuzzle drew that ghoul herself i have NOTHING to say.

@ wuzzle i didn't just use pre made brushes silly there's a lot more to photoshop than that.

n @ gyrn. because that would make u the one to add oil to the flames instead of commenting about something that actually HELPS.

No, u failed to see my point or maybe I havent explained it clear enough, in any case, theres no places that says u must create it from bottom, he ripped a picture from somewhere, u ripped some flowers from i dunno where (photoshop?¿), whats the difference? Both result require some work and creativity, and what makes her picture less worth than urs? A picture doesnt appear out of nowhere, and dont forget, creativity is about idea and effort, not how u do it. Sure it would had been better if she draw it out herself, but was it really worth? The idea is already there, Paddy likes grim reaper more than colorful flowers, if its good enough that way, then theres no needs to make it more complicated than it already is.

Leonardo da vince's famous Mona Lisa is definitely not famous for its realistic, hard work, photoshop or quality. It have its own unique reason, go figure.

No, u failed to see my point or maybe I havent explained it clear enough, in any case, theres no places that says u must create it from bottom, he ripped a picture from somewhere, u ripped some flowers from i dunno where (photoshop?¿), whats the difference? Both result require some work and creativity, and what makes her picture less worth than urs? A picture doesnt appear out of nowhere, and dont forget, creativity is about idea and effort, not how u do it. Sure it would had been better if she draw it out herself, but was it really worth? The idea is already there, Paddy likes grim reaper more than colorful flowers, if its good enough that way, then theres no needs to make it more complicated than it already is.

Leonardo da vince's famous Mona Lisa is definitely not famous for its realistic, hard work, photoshop or quality. It have its own unique reason, go figure.[/b]
    thats a bad comparison. the artwork of mona lisa is a self-drawn portrait. thats 100% of effort. I can at least, say at least 1/2 of my work has been done by ME.(if u count in the help of photoshop etc, and is already pretty pathetic enough)

but wuzzle's is like. she did 5% of it(positioning + putting a black background).(sry wuzzle no offense but u know it urself, how long did u take to prepare it) i don't see how when 95% of hers is another person's work its considered creativity. do u get it? sure she won i'm not sulking over that but its the fact ppl are like going "omg she's good" but most of the credit do not belong to her.

nvm if u think thats creativity so be it. i don't care. i just stated my views, whether u agree or not thats ur business.

Tits or destiny? Senior Member Dark3lf's Avatar

thats a bad comparison. the artwork of mona lisa is a self-drawn portrait. thats 100% of effort. I can at least, say at least 1/2 of my work has been done by ME.(if u count in the help of photoshop etc, and is already pretty pathetic enough)

but wuzzle's is like. she did 5% of it(positioning + putting a black background).(sry wuzzle no offense but u know it urself, how long did u take to prepare it) i don't see how when 95% of hers is another person's work its considered creativity. do u get it? sure she won i'm not sulking over that but its the fact ppl are like going "omg she's good" but most of the credit do not belong to her.

nvm if u think thats creativity so be it. i don't care. i just stated my views, whether u agree or not thats ur business.[/b]
    This isn't a gfx forum.
    I'm not pro photoshop user but I hate seeing people giving 10/10 for pics that really aren't that good.
    Everybody can cut a render and paste it to an empty background but only few ppl in this forum are able to make background with brushes, gradient tools etc. and not many on these forums can actually blend any image.
    I don't envy Wuzzle because she won, gratz for her but I'm really pissed off because she didn't have to do almost anything to win.
    I don't want to flame anybody because we all are unique indivituals and like different kinds things. Paddy selected Wuzzle's pic because he liked it, not everybody like hardcore brushing.
    <3 all

- D

but wuzzle&#39;s is like. she did 5% of it(positioning + putting a black background).(sry wuzzle no offense but u know it urself, how long did u take to prepare it) i don&#39;t see how when 95% of hers is another person&#39;s work its considered creativity. do u get it? sure she won i&#39;m not sulking over that but its the fact ppl are like going "omg she&#39;s good" but most of the credit do not belong to her.

nvm if u think thats creativity so be it. i don&#39;t care. i just stated my views, whether u agree or not thats ur business.[/b]
    Maybe the comparsion was too great for this kind of discussion, but the point is, not all kind of artwork gets the credit as it might deserve even with much more effort. There are some painting that took months or years and still remain unknown and worthless, while Mona Lisa is just a simple portrait and completely priceless, just coz some ppl liked it in the beginning, ofc theres a deeper story behind it famousness, but I cant be arsed to explain all that.

But I would like to make it clear that I personally wouldnt had picked that grim reaper as winner, coz i got some different tastes, all what i said are just some general art facts. So its not my view or whatsoever.

Struggle

omg <3 this |IIIIIIIIIIIII| guy lol

MillionVoices

IIIIIIIII <3
    the guy obviosuly knows what he is talking about

and Paddy isnt a pro art judge, he is just a forum mod which picked the pic which he likes best, so cant blame him.