Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

password 6-10 characters ?!

This is a discussion on password 6-10 characters ?! within the General Chat forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; if this was a wow forum, someone would have already listed out all 512 password possiblities the math behind it ...
Page: 2

Zaczaco11

if this was a wow forum, someone would have already listed out all 512 password possiblities the math behind it and the password that works....lol buncha gooks just change your password, chances are, they wont login in 512 times to find the right password and k2 will see 512 login attempts and be like OH EM GEE DOS ATTACKER WUTS WILL WEZ EVA DEW? WE'LL MAKE A NEW KOXP TO STOP THE DOS!!!WAIT NO BAN THE IP!!!! and then theyd ban the wrong ip. but the effort was there. and thinking is 1/2 of doing like i always say, tomorrow will come after the moon sets in the south, if you catch my drift car

moshoo you're gay, no one cares if ppl say there instead of their, its a fail attempt to act smart among the masses of idiots.

iratus

Lets take a password like this: abcdefghi
    We have 18 letters here (abcdefghi and ABCDEFGHI)
    As the letters cannot change place (i assume the most troublesome scenario) then we have:

[ 26! divided by 18! times 8! ] which equals to [19*20*21*22*23*24*25*26 divided by 8!], that means we have 1562275 possible combinations of a password with 9 letters when you know the lowercase but dont know the uppercase. GL

Banned

Maybe try resetting it via the forgotten password option might allow more characters , but I am not sure though.

what does 62^6 mean[/b]
    62 times itself 6 times

like 62x62x62x62x62x62

@iratus

you're wrong.
    there aren't as much possibilities as u say there are. theres only 2 possibilities to each letter. lower and upper. the pw can be found within a hour. just think about it and you'll understand..

sharing itself has always been a risk and that's why k2 doesnt support it. anyways when u change pw doesnt the pw get sent to ur email? im sure u dont share ur email either lol

Zaczaco11

if this was a wow forum, someone would have already listed out all 512 password possiblities the math behind it and the password that works....lol buncha gooks just change your password, chances are, they wont login in 512 times to find the right password and k2 will see 512 login attempts and be like OH EM GEE DOS ATTACKER WUTS WILL WEZ EVA DEW? WE'LL MAKE A NEW KOXP TO STOP THE DOS!!!WAIT NO BAN THE IP!!!! and then theyd ban the wrong ip. but the effort was there. and thinking is 1/2 of doing like i always say, tomorrow will come after the moon sets in the south, if you catch my drift car

moshoo you're gay, no one cares if ppl say there instead of their, its a fail attempt to act smart among the masses of idiots.[/b]

Lets take a password like this: abcdefghi
    We have 18 letters here (abcdefghi and ABCDEFGHI)
    As the letters cannot change place (i assume the most troublesome scenario) then we have:

[ 26! divided by 18! times 8! ] which equals to [19*20*21*22*23*24*25*26 divided by 8!], that means we have 1562275 possible combinations of a password with 9 letters when you know the lowercase but dont know the uppercase. GL[/b]

i spoke too soon <_<

h34r: dont change passwords at all as k2&#39;s site has been compromised h34r:

mammlea2

256 combinations actually... since you know 1 number for sure

screw math and k2 :angry:

256 combinations actually... since you know 1 number for sure [/b]
    i dont understand where you people are getting these low numbers from
    guessing a 6-9 character password that could have 1-9 numbers
    i dont even feel like trying to do the math, i&#39;ll just trust the people before, its a fucking huge number

did non of u take math in 4th grade? (30x29..2x1)/9

did non of u take math in 4th grade? (30x29..2x1)/9[/b]
    and where did you get those numbers from

mammlea2

sorry its 512 :P

its simple, think of "A" and "a" as 0 and 1, u have 10-1. 2 ^ 9 = 512

My advice, change your pwd every 2 hours with one of those 512 combinations and every week change to a whole different thing

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Binary_numeral_system

Fallacy

The original post was someone who knows your id and password but log onto the site using your password assuming you have used all letters for your password and you have a 9 letter long password think of uppercase as 0 and lowercase as 1 if you understand the binary number system each digit you have it will look like this
    # of chars used in pass l powers l number of possibilities
    1 2 to the 1 2
    2 2 to the 2 4
    3 2 to the 3 8
    4 2 to the 4 16
    5 2 to the 5 32
    6 2 to the 6 64
    7 2 to the 7 128
    8 2 to the 8 256
    9 2 to the 9 512

Former KOK A.d.m.i.n Validating

The original post was someone who knows your id and password but log onto the site using your password assuming you have used all letters for your password and you have a 9 letter long password think of uppercase as 0 and lowercase as 1 if you understand the binary number system each digit you have it will look like this[/b]
    Am I missing something here? I thought you mustn&#39;t give out your id and pw to anyone else... now if you did, don&#39;t come crying that the other person who knows it can easily log into your account and change it.

Fallacy

Am I missing something here? I thought you mustn&#39;t give out your id and pw to anyone else... now if you did, don&#39;t come crying that the other person who knows it can easily log into your account and change it.[/b]
    Man I dont give no fuck I dont share my account this was the original topic I was merely adding a simple way to explain it as many were confused. Are you so nieve to believe there are no people doing acct sharing? And yes if you do give out your info it would be extremely easy to log onto your acct with a little bit of time. I was merely helping someone explain the situation to anyone who has shared an acct to beware there is no need for you to be a dick about someone trying to help. Now go eat your funions and go kill more lvl 25s in the arena as your pry a nolifer on ko enjoy.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast