Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

password 6-10 characters ?!

This is a discussion on password 6-10 characters ?! within the General Chat forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; @ topic its not a fucking joke... its K2 there you go, everything just falls into place when its K2 ...
Page: 3

tommyleonghk

@ topic

its not a fucking joke...

its K2

there you go, everything just falls into place when its K2 behind it...dont need anymore explanation

Banned

Guys please im almost a elettronic/informatic engineer.. i know almost perfectly math..Do not say that im wrong, i think u didnt understand coz my crap english...

Anyway the topic is a WARN for the people that shared his account info with a guy that KNOW THE PASSWORD WITHOUT UPPERCASE=> sharer friends and bla bla
    Here in ko4life many people have sharer just check the right section and see how many topics there about "looking for sharer/exper"

Well now how calculate the possibility? is easy just think that a password can be max 10 characters long and at least 1 of these characters need be a number... numbers can be write only in 1 way, different story for letters coz u can write with uppercase => a A b B c C

Thats mean that for each letter there are 2 possibility => normal size and big size => a and A
    The longer password that u can made now have 10 characters max => 9 letters and 1 number
    Why use only 1 number? this make pw hard to find... letters have 2 possibility, number only 1

So u have 9 letters and each letter can be wrote in 2 different way lowercase or uppercase.

Now for calculate how many combinations u need multiply the number 2 for itself 9 times (2 coz 2 way to write letters, 9 coz there are 9 letters max) => 2x2x2x2x2x2x2x2x2= 2^9 = 512

little example, our password is "okhi" so only 4 letters => 2^4 = 16 combination
    1- okhi 9- okhI
    2- Okhi 10- OkhI
    3- oKhi 11- oKhI
    4- OKhi 12- OKhI
    5- okHi 13- okHI
    6- OkHi 14- OkHI
    7- oKHi 15- oKHI
    8- OKHi 16- OKHI

thats are all the 16 possibility u cannot find more... hope now is all clear ^_^

It's not K2's job to keep you safe from your sharers. In general their pw system is good, otherwise you would see truly random hackings and you really don't. Between Keyloggers, sharing/scamming back, "fake" sites, and just being careless you can account for 99.9% of the compromised accounts. The only real problems I have seen in 4 years is the couple times when the KO main pages were hacked, the bug where the password was sent to original email instead of current registered email, some bug where you could put in other verifications codes then the one sent to you, and a very few questionable other accounts where the cause wasn't "known." The rest fall under the above...

Psy

You people are the dumbest pieces of shit on the internet. The math in this topic is testament to my claim.

You people are the dumbest pieces of shit on the internet. The math in this topic is testament to my claim.[/b]
    Wow you proved your point with your intellectual insults...gg.

Banned

You people are the dumbest pieces of shit on the internet. The math in this topic is testament to my claim.[/b]
    Nice useless / stupid / arrogant reply

My attempt was bring attention on this problem... There are many people that share their accounts.. Also many MOD here in ko4life share accounts & looking for something to play..

As i explained is really easy lose your own account if u share it and you didnt clear from personal info your "My Recent Request" list in MYKOL

For me this advice should be in "Psy's Guide on how to Not Get Scammed"

thank mr. skeletal Senior Member XeroK's Avatar

6-10 limit its there since gamersfirst creation. This is old

qunix

lol ppl who say its 512 or so are stupid.

Banned

lol ppl who say its 512 or so are stupid.[/b]
    go learn some math then come back and talk with me...

2 way => learn to read or learn math... u miss 1 of them

qunix

-

lol ppl who say its 512 or so are stupid.[/b]

I think i know what he ment :P these combinations for your sharer who have only password to log in game not for random guy who know only ID. And 512 combinations to log on website where your "sharer" could stole your account or something because letters size does matter on website.

10 characters and need include a number => 9 letters => 2^9= 512 combination only!!!!!! damn it i can find the right password (the password with uppercase i mean) in no more then 2 hours !!!![/b]
    urmmm, there is 26 letters in the alphabet noot 2. so sureley its 26^9. and then theres getting the number in the right place. so yea... how is it insecure =S

edit: i see what u mean now. your saying if some1 might know your pass but not whether its upper or lower case. dude juust change the pass completely. leave ur sharer an offline msg saying the new pass.. simple?

Banned Senior Member

And what site would let you fail at logging in 500+ times, usually it's 3 then your locked out

Justin Oreos Senior Member sleven07's Avatar

Few minutes ago i logged in knightonlineworld.com for change my pw and make it more secure but the website said me to change it from gamerfirst.com website... so i logged in and i saw that my password must be between 6-10 characters and include at least one number!!!!!!!!! fuk offfffff !!!!!!!! for the people that have sharer or friends that play your char BE CAREFULL !!

10 characters and need include a number => 9 letters => 2^9= 512 combination only!!!!!! damn it i can find the right password (the password with uppercase i mean) in no more then 2 hours !!!!
    My password (current one) is 11 characters and i remember that the limit was 12 !!! so why now this limitation ??? is there still a way to make a pw 11 or 12 characters long?? if yes how?

Anyway for all the people that have a sharer or exper or friend go clear your ticket list if them have personal info !!!!
    When u load the menu for send a ticket on the left side there is a menu called "My Recent Request"... it have the last 8 tickets sent, so if in 1 of these tickets sent you wrote info like credit cards number or secret quest a guy with a pw without uppercase can find the right one in few hours and check this list and scam u !!!! So clear this list by sending spam tickets (the only way) ..remember that the list save only the last 8 tickets sent...

Dunno if is right section but at least here many people can see it

Only a warn and if someone know how to make a pw with more characters please reply here[/b]
    yea dude i think ur nuts... prettty sure its way more than 512. also, u need to find a way to deal with ur paranoia h34r: possibly by getting a sharer u trust a lil more

Pedigree

Ok, lets make it simple. You have 62 different symbols to use. 26 uppercase, 26 lowercase letters and 10 numbers. That means theres 1/62 chance to get one right symbol. Lets say you use 10 characters that means:

1/62*1/62*1/62*1/62*1/62*1/62*1/62*1/62*1/62*1/62=1/839299365868340224

So you have 1/839299365868340224 chance of guessing somebody's KOL password. Ingame password is another thing.
    Theres only a chance of 1/3656158440062976 because uppercase letters don't mater there. But still thats a lot.

PS: You don't have to use only 1 number or uppercase letter :wink:

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast