Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Paypal transactions

This is a discussion on Paypal transactions within the General Chat forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; just curious, if you sell something via paypal, with all the recent paypal scams, do you complete the deal just ...
Page: 1

Default Paypal transactions

just curious, if you sell something via paypal, with all the recent paypal scams, do you complete the deal just after you see the money on your account or do you wait until the transaction status is 'completed' (i thought the answer was obvious)?

what i mean is im selling gbs via paypal now, and i politely suggested we (me and the buyer) should wait for the status to become 'completed' which may take some time and then trade the ingame coins. the buyer refuses to go by these rules saying he aint sending money and waitin 3 days to get his ingame coins. i mean come on, if you're sendin someone the $ first anyway, what fukin difference does it make if you get scammed instantly or after three days?

i aint no scammer, but i aint gonna let anyone do a charge back and scam me that easy either.

how does you paypal transaction look like? isnt this a hiperinflationed market rule in this game that the seller gets the money first and then sells his goods? correct me if im wrong but, i thought it was. i have made multiple trades this way, as a buyer as well and i accept the risk cuz thats the way it works unfortunately. you just have to be careful who you trade with

discuss pls.

Rentzusuken

If it's someone who you don't trust then I would recommend securing your own assets by any means possible. This involves making sure the money is deposited into your account and is not able to be charged back/disputed. If it's someone trustworthy, then giving them the coins when you see the money is probably the way to go.

The person who doesn't want to wait the three days may either want to buy something immediately or is trying to scam you. Use your best judgement and go with your instinct because in the end, the only person you can control is you.

Originally posted by Rentzusuken
    If it's someone who you don't trust then I would recommend securing your own assets by any means possible. *This involves making sure the money is deposited into your account and is not able to be charged back/disputed. *If it's someone trustworthy, then giving them the coins when you see the money is probably the way to go. *

The person who doesn't want to wait the three days may either want to buy something immediately or is trying to scam you. *Use your best judgement and go with your instinct because in the end, the only person you can control is you.
    if it was somebody i trust then of course i would give him the ingame coins before the transaction is completed but i dont know the person at all, his post count on the forums doesnt mean shit, but he can probably say the same thing about me, plus my post count aint impressive at all, but that i dont regret

R34P3R_Magikz

it woulod'nt realy matter if the status says complete even if u transfer ur funds to ur bank you paypal account ballance will become negative if the chargeback tec

how does the charge back work exactly? i presume you cant claw the money back just like that can you?

R34P3R_Magikz

not on a virtual item u have to file fraud stuff

evenson

I got fucked over 2 days ago on paypal, someone bought my warrior pendant will stolen money. Nothing i can do because its intangible item, not protected by the sellers protection thing.

Dro
    As hot sauce on your taco Senior Member

Originally posted by Rentzusuken
    Use your best judgement and go with your instinct because in the end, the only person you can control is you.
    what if he runned out of stone of priest? happened to me today when we got rushed

Rentzusuken

Originally posted by Dro+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Dro)</div>
    <!--QuoteBegin-Rentzusuken
    Use your best judgement and go with your instinct because in the end, the only person you can control is you.
    what if he runned out of stone of priest? happened to me today when we got rushed [/b]
    /disband him from party. :lol:

Originally posted by evenson
    I got fucked over 2 days ago on paypal, someone bought my warrior pendant will stolen money. Nothing i can do because its intangible item, not protected by the sellers protection thing.
    i heard that you have to present a proof of the trade, then they wont claw the money back from your account, is that true? cuz i presume that is what happened when they sent you stolen money rite Devin?

rite Devin? h43r:

LordarK

Default Re: Paypal transactions

Originally posted by InfernalFire
    just curious, if you sell something via paypal, with all the recent paypal scams, do you complete the deal just after you see the money on your account or do you wait until the transaction status is 'completed' (i thought the answer was obvious)?

what i mean is im selling gbs via paypal now, and i politely suggested we (me and the buyer) should wait for the status to become 'completed' which may take some time and then trade the ingame coins. the buyer refuses to go by these rules saying he aint sending money and waitin 3 days to get his ingame coins. i mean come on, if you're sendin someone the $ first anyway, what fukin difference does it make if you get scammed instantly or after three days? *

i aint no scammer, but i aint gonna let anyone do a charge back and scam me that easy either.

how does you paypal transaction look like? isnt this a hiperinflationed market rule in this game that the seller gets the money first and then sells his goods? correct me if im wrong but, i thought it was. i have made multiple trades this way, as a buyer as well and i accept the risk cuz thats the way it works unfortunately. you just have to be careful who you trade with

discuss pls.

1. Accept money on bogus paypal account.
    2. Transfer money from bogus paypal account to real paypal account.
    3. Tranfer money to your real bank right away.

That's the only way to be a little sure that you won't loose your money AND your item/gold.

Originally posted by LordarK

That's the only way to be a little sure that you won't loose your money AND your item/gold.
    pls excuse my ignorance in this matter, but how does one set up a bogus account and, which is probably more important, why would one do this if it's illegal? plus wouldn't you need like a counterfeit credit card or something? i ain't no criminal lol

Originally posted by LordarK

pls excuse my ignorance in this matter, but how does one set up a bogus account and, which is probably more important, why would one do this if it's illegal? plus wouldn't you need like a counterfeit credit card or something? i ain't no criminal lol

LordarK

Credit card is not needed to open a paypal account. And I don't care it's 'illegal' by paypals terms. It's also illegal that paypal rob your account and takes money from it when you have done a clean transaction

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast