Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

From people who understood that "combo" made knight online

This is a discussion on From people who understood that "combo" made knight online within the General Chat forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; wow> ko when it comes to skill trust me on this one.[/b] No. WoW is based on lvl and gear ...
Page: 2

Notorious P.A.T Senior Member AsSaiLaNT9082's Avatar

wow> ko when it comes to skill trust me on this one.[/b]
    No. WoW is based on lvl and gear nothing more. Its easy to lvl, and its easy to get gear. You know what that makes it? BORING.

Go on with Guild Wars, nothing else that skill is needed in there ! ofc a very nice internet also :P
    There does not exist something like babashop in this game.
    There does not exist sometiing like premium- it's free.
    There does not exist something like laags :P

beautiful graphic with not so much requirement

but the diffrence is that its not a mmo itsa a cooperative one

u will get bored after few months or even less if u dont have ppl with who u can play

Go for mortalonline. Darkfall is known as Darkfail. MO is the exact same game type what is far better and the beta started today.

www.mortalonline.com

Also friends told Aion pwns. Beta started already check it out if u have good enough PC.

Da Mod Father Senior Member Felix's Avatar

No. WoW is based on lvl and gear nothing more. Its easy to lvl, and its easy to get gear. You know what that makes it? BORING.[/b]
    I use to think the same.

It has taken me ages to get into WOW and I have realized that the diversity of the game makes the goals of the game unquie.

For me I use to think it was like KO, being a PvP legand but it's really the arena and not the pk maps that cover this. The best team in a set fight rule. I don't do this as I am slow off the mark due to the morphine I take.

OK next path, beating the game. Doing the dungens and Raids be it 5,10,25 or 40+ players involed. You can kill Talos in 20 seconds but doing Naxx or Ulduar can take several nights to beat. You need to know what to do and be able to do your role well. The layers of complexity to this is truley sublime and only now I understand.

Finally you have the achivements. A set of challanges or tasks you must forfill. Some are simple like buying a bank slot through to doing a massive amount of tasks in a set order under set conditons. Some rewards are meaningless others give nice mounts or titles. For example I spent over an hour so I could sneak in a horde city and fish to get a achivement called "the fishing diplomat".

WOW is a game where if you wanted to do it all you will spend years and years trying. The game will not run out of ideas like KO did after it's 2nd patch.

Henry Picazo

i've played wow, lotro, guild wars, eve, atlantica, cabal, city of heroes, rohan, and a lot more. Somehow I always find myself coming back to ko. There are better games than ko out there, but they will get bored fast if you don't have anyone to play with. But I think Cabal is proably the one close to ko for me, the combo system on it is fun, but it gets very boring at high levels.

i've played wow, lotro, guild wars, eve, atlantica, cabal, city of heroes, rohan, and a lot more. Somehow I always find myself coming back to ko. There are better games than ko out there, but they will get bored fast if you don't have anyone to play with. But I think Cabal is proably the one close to ko for me, the combo system on it is fun, but it gets very boring at high levels.[/b]
    I liked Cabal, as a whole, quite a lot, however the leveling aspect became extremely monotonous past about level 40 or so.... Every dungeon was aesthetically the same with nothing different. I understand that at higher levels the dungeons get bosses and whatnot, but still... Getting to those higher levels is such a painful process.

(\/) (;,,;) (\/) Why not Zoidberg? Admin camaz0tz's Avatar

UO is by far th eonly other game where "combo" plays a huge role....anyone whos played a pure mage on UO would know what im talking about

people have 150 hp and if u cast anything over a rank 3 spell ull just get interupted and wont be able to cast...so basicly ur running around kiting poisoning etc using spells that only do 5...maybe 10 damage MAX while the other guy is healing too

UO mage pvp is by the hardest thing to do ive seen from any game...KO combos compared to it were....beyond simple

though of course im talking about UO years ago, last time i played like a year ago it was beyond simple where the games catered to the whining idiots of th eworld who want everything easy

there are still UO private servers out there though that use the same mechanics as old UO which is what makes them so popular

ImBackFromTheDead

Runes Of magic is super fun I think

El Gran Tanke Senior Member gimmecookiesnao's Avatar

i was playing wtih sme idea.. making bosses funner to kill in ko.

wat 3 times a day a boss spawns.. its actually controlled by a person..

it would be given extra ability like talos would be given petrify which would turn someone into stone (with cooldown ofc)
    troll king with be given something like smash one hit ko on any one but give up half its life.

make bosses harder to beat yet fun...

like a party based boss fight!

that would be cool

People exaggerate the skillcap in KO. Comboing isn't hard unless you're chasing someone with a high latency. This game has a very low skillcap that anyone can reach in a matter of months. There is very little actual strategy to PK in ko. Only one spec of one class actually takes any real skill to play, the rest involve spamming 2 or 3 buttons. Success in ko is mainly determined by your items since the only ways to win a fight are with raw damage (as opposed to kiting or CC). I think that WoW has a much higher skillcap depending on the class you pick.

If you actually want a game that rewards skill then play an FPS or an RTS. You're wasting your time looking for such a thing in an MMO. There is no market for such a game because people would rather grind for advantages, than play a fair game and have their ineptness made apparent to them. They tried it with Fury and it went down the pan because it wasn't popular at all.

If you actually want a game that rewards skill then play an FPS or an RTS.[/b]
    Indeed, skill has very little to do in this game, playing alot/no lifing and having usd to spend plays a bigger part. SC2 is gonna be a huge RTS, so if anyone wants to test their skill, they should play that.. but like most other RTS it will probably be dominated by chinese and german players.

I liked Cabal, as a whole, quite a lot, however the leveling aspect became extremely monotonous past about level 40 or so.... Every dungeon was aesthetically the same with nothing different. I understand that at higher levels the dungeons get bosses and whatnot, but still... Getting to those higher levels is such a painful process.[/b]
    i liked Cabal too for about 6 months, made level 156, got bored and quit. But i have to say i enjoyed it a LOT. The leveling is quite boring till some level where you can enter dungeons with bosses but than its fun. The problem is the drop system, i didnt drop anything valuable during the whole play and i earned for those top expensive items just by reselling ... riding on a bike ftw ! :P

DAFAQ Senior Member

Go for mortalonline. Darkfall is known as Darkfail. MO is the exact same game type what is far better and the beta started today.

www.mortalonline.com[/b]
    I agree. MO looks like kickass game.

FIFA 09 is much about skill

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12