Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Petition to K2. Pvp server.

This is a discussion on Petition to K2. Pvp server. within the General Chat forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; yeah , when u are bored and wanna fight strong people that doesnt town when they see u and doesnt ...
Page: 2

DontTrustAnyone

yeah , when u are bored and wanna fight strong people that doesnt town when they see u and doesnt call u a duper, go to the pvp server.

CZ in dies sucks in 90% of the 1v1's i get people town or bug abuse when chasing me ..

PVP yes, P2P no <_<

Who would pay for GOLD premium for that except those who play 24/7 <_<

Infinitemadness

Well in my opinion, I think it would be mainly a war server, (which Im trying to get them to update the PB exp gain to you all) But to where only premium members can login and fight it out without the cap of the wars that are currently involved. I would have to fully write all the variances, and the rules, blah blah blah to probably have it fully to be understood, but I hope most of you get the point.

Lawless

Im sad to say, the idea is novel and im all for it, however we have much more pressing concerns.....like illegal chars and items, account security, bugs out the wazoo, Custoner support, etc...

90% of us, gold premium or not have almost zero chance of getting a proper rollback if hacked or loggin bug robbed.....skill descriptions are still broke, HP bugs, towning bugs, mob AI bugs (done golems lately?) K2 for whatever reason cant seem to get and keep good GMs let alone enough of them to maintain a single server (brother madness/Jess/Devile/Morax im sure your familiar with this wee issue)

Any new ideas im down for, but why noy put some reasources in making the existing format work properly first

Have another authority system so you can have some "higher level" constables as currently more or less all the servers are borked and lets face it jason there isnt enough people K2 side to take care of it. Incorporating this new authority would help the servers hell even make them playable! Dont get a hack system that games have used before its too easy to google "Xtrap bypass" or "Punkbuster bypass".

Solstice

A pvp server would be good but it wouldn't work in the way you described it because of its long term enjoyment. With everyone level 70 people would get quickly bored and the server would soon be dead test server style.

If a pvp server was made it should have national points as the server currency. All drop files for mobs would be deleted and shops would sell items for national points. For example every player starts at lvl 60 with say 2k starting np and average gear (fp shit, lamia grade or mirage grade weapons). PKing occurs as normal and then NP can be exchanged for better weaponslevelarmour etc.

It is then up to the player to make the decision of keeping their np or exchanging it with the intention of a long term increment. Examples of pricing could be:

+1 level 100knp
    +1 shard 10knp
    +2 shard 20knp
    +3 shard 30knp

and so on, making the pvp server not just a short term burst of fun but a server that has equal goals and character advancement to a normal server but orientated towards pvpers rather than xpers. Oh and pots would be free.. a player shouldnt have to spend all their earned nps on pots.

Of course the biggest question to k2 is "will it make us money?" The answer is yes because quite simply pking with scrolls gives players a huge advantage and scroll sales would be huge.

Other features that could be added to a pvp server could be turning all mobs aggro rather than removing them entirely, as well as making them randomly spawn around cz. Being chased by 3 people? Lured them into that convenient apostle spawn to stun them.
    Weekly cz map changes would keep the game fresh as well as creating better pure pvp environments than the current castle patch cz.

Not sure if all of that made sense..its just an idea that I thought about long ago. Was going to write it up in detail with the benefits to K2, but i was too lazy and James went and got fired so I never could .

Reminds me of Guildwar.

But unlike Guildwar, KO doesn't have good RP quests (if any). We level grind for the fun to PvP as a higher level, but since most of us pay for premium, wouldn't that mean a P2P pvp server would make the level grinding pointless?

Originally posted by Solstice
    A pvp server would be good but it wouldn't work in the way you described it because of its long term enjoyment. *With everyone level 70 people would get quickly bored and the server would soon be dead test server style.

If a pvp server was made it should have national points as the server currency. *All drop files for mobs would be deleted and shops would sell items for national points. For example every player starts at lvl 60 with say 2k starting np and average gear (fp shit, lamia grade or mirage grade weapons). *PKing occurs as normal and then NP can be exchanged for better weaponslevelarmour etc.

It is then up to the player to make the decision of keeping their np or exchanging it with the intention of a long term increment. *Examples of pricing could be:

+1 level 100knp
    +1 shard 10knp
    +2 shard 20knp
    +3 shard 30knp

and so on, making the pvp server not just a short term burst of fun but a server that has equal goals and character advancement to a normal server but orientated towards pvpers rather than xpers. *Oh and pots would be free.. a player shouldnt have to spend all their earned nps on pots.

Of course the biggest question to k2 is "will it make us money?" *The answer is yes because quite simply pking with scrolls gives players a huge advantage and scroll sales would be huge.

Other features that could be added to a pvp server could be turning all mobs aggro rather than removing them entirely, as well as making them randomly spawn around cz. *Being chased by 3 people? *Lured them into that convenient apostle spawn to stun them.
    Weekly cz map changes would keep the game fresh as well as creating better pure pvp environments than the current castle patch cz.

Not sure if all of that made sense..its just an idea that I thought about long ago. *Was going to write it up in detail with the benefits to K2, but i was too lazy and James went and got fired so I never could .
    Saw this post right after I posted my useless post.

+1 to this :P

imma cut you up Senior Member lIIIIIIIIIIl's Avatar

defeats the whole point of ko

the satisfaction comes when you pk with items and the level you earned yourself. if its a PvP system like its noted above, there won't be any satisfaction and it would be so dead boring. won't last long as a server anyway so a.q :P

GlarFist

PvP server with 70's and free items will ruin USKO. I may said from my experience, that on lvl 70 you starting to feel bored of pking sometimes, u have nothing to do except pking, u lost your stimulus to exping and get levels to be better in cz. Motivation gone. Only well team playing make sense after 70 IN MY OPINION. Yeah, to farm monsters is option, but again youll be bored fast. This idea is for users, that have no patience and stimulus to make levels, and work for his items. For lazy asses. I think idea is only if you want to fuk the balanced gameplay atm, and make some extra cash for K2... Nothing more...

Banned Senior Member

Glar..... try pk'ing without a priest or go solo, that will entertain you for awhile

GlarFist

Originally posted by phantomlink
    Glar..... try pk'ing without a priest or go solo, that will entertain you for awhile
    give me skill "cure massive" only massive, and ill do! But yes, team play is much much better. Im laughing at solo warriors, strike from behind, wear shields and run forest, run. No, thanks, Aajaxs was enough. Sins, sometimes is annoying with their , ms, stealth, lf, r,skill, rr, skill, then lf ctrl +minor and run forest, run. Yes they are sins, assassins, the name prove that. If i play sin, ill make the same. But dont tell me to play warrior like a sin, cause warrior have many tasks in one good party, to tank, to kill mages and priestes, to protect priestes and mages. Not to run as hmmm, ok, aAjaxs
    I remember Blood sins when they play in cooperate. Was unbelievable... Respect.
    MMORPG, mate. And party means party, i think AHM and Tormentors proove that. Look at doc1 signature!

Banned Senior Member

You know I was having fun Saw you in bowl today and wanted to attempt a 1v1 but I knew I wasn't gonna get it with 8 tormentors smacking me at once

GlarFist

Originally posted by phantomlink
    You know I was having fun *Saw *you in bowl today and wanted to attempt a 1v1 but I knew I wasn't gonna get it with 8 tormentors smacking me at once
    Use msn for 1vs1, mate.

Remember Bellua, we dont smack you at once, cause is silly to kill 8:1. I hope you noticed that.

cRuX

Originally posted by Solstice
    A pvp server would be good but it wouldn't work in the way you described it because of its long term enjoyment. *With everyone level 70 people would get quickly bored and the server would soon be dead test server style.

If a pvp server was made it should have national points as the server currency. *All drop files for mobs would be deleted and shops would sell items for national points. For example every player starts at lvl 60 with say 2k starting np and average gear (fp shit, lamia grade or mirage grade weapons). *PKing occurs as normal and then NP can be exchanged for better weaponslevelarmour etc.

It is then up to the player to make the decision of keeping their np or exchanging it with the intention of a long term increment. *Examples of pricing could be:

+1 level 100knp
    +1 shard 10knp
    +2 shard 20knp
    +3 shard 30knp

and so on, making the pvp server not just a short term burst of fun but a server that has equal goals and character advancement to a normal server but orientated towards pvpers rather than xpers. *Oh and pots would be free.. a player shouldnt have to spend all their earned nps on pots.

Of course the biggest question to k2 is "will it make us money?" *The answer is yes because quite simply pking with scrolls gives players a huge advantage and scroll sales would be huge.

Other features that could be added to a pvp server could be turning all mobs aggro rather than removing them entirely, as well as making them randomly spawn around cz. *Being chased by 3 people? *Lured them into that convenient apostle spawn to stun them.

Not sure if all of that made sense..its just an idea that I thought about long ago. *Was going to write it up in detail with the benefits to K2, but i was too lazy and James went and got fired so I never could .
    It takes fairly long to get to 100k Np's..and think about having this reset every time you pay it to lvl up...this whole thing would just take to much time and result in every1 in noobie items and like the highest lvl in the first 4-5 months be like 63..

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast