Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Please read this .

This is a discussion on Please read this . within the General Chat forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; Originally posted by Diphosgene sad story arca but its the truth . eric this is kinda "dont play knight article"...obviously ...
Page: 4

Cadence96

Originally posted by Diphosgene
    sad story arca but its the truth .
    eric this is kinda "dont play knight article"...obviously everybody here is addicted to the game otherwise why would they play so much and pay so much for a game that completely SUCKS ?
    bcz is fun?

u can not put all ppl in the same box of potatoes....

Darksfinx

Thx for good topic. :mellow:

well i'll be honest with ya here, i do play this game alot and there is no doubt, installing this game for the first time was indeed a 'life changing experience' so to speak. The fact of the matter is i play this game because i genuinly am bored and if i didn't have this to distract me i'd only have something else to do it instead.

Say people see it as abnormal playing an online computer game, the same people would not consider playing say Pro Evo 5 on a PS2 all day abnormal, possibly because it has a pause button giving you the oppertunity to drop what you are doing at the push of the button, where as these games do not.To be honest i'd rather me in my room interacting via the internet with real people than playing alone on a ps2 etc, but thats personal preference to be more social.

Over the last week my internet was down and i used the time to watch all those DVD's i had never watched and i did go out with my friends alot, but i would have done that anyway. I felt no craving for the game, infact i was more interested in returning to these forums and talking to the guys on vent, thus proving my theory of the social interaction being the greatest loss.

Anyway i wont den that my university grades probably suffered as a result of this game to some extent, playing when i should have been revising etc, but it would be childish and immature to blame the game for this, esspecially in the way that man in the long ass quote did. If it hadn't have been the game that distracted me it would have been something else, football, my PS2, wanking, could have all been good choices. Fact of the matter is i'm shit at concentrating, so something would have always distracted me.

Anyway i could go on explaining my mentality on all of these things but reality is the game meerly something to keep me distracted, i get bored, i need something to do, and it serves its purpose, it is neither an dependancy nor an addiction, just a hobby

Diphosgene

but why do u keep play knight when lets say it honestly the game is probably the worst online P2P game ?

Robin

but why do u keep play knight when lets say it honestly the game is probably the worst online P2P game ?
    thats your opinion, some play it because they enjoy the game and learned to deal with shit side of it, if i was not playing ko i would probably be watching tv,playing other computer games or doing something else to fill up my day. so might aswel waste the time on something i enjoy.

Diphosgene

no they are just addicted to the game...i know 'addicted' is a tough word but thats exactly what it is
    i was addicted to knight too , i thought it is a wonderful game but now i just cant figure in my mind what is so good about knight .
    its the worst p2p in the world .

Pretorian_BG

these guys are crazy lol .... :blink: ...how u can do such things only because of these fuckin games ...
    sounds really srary , but i dont fell like i'm addicted .. I play when i have free times , maybe 1-2 hours a day .

no they are just addicted to the game...i know 'addicted' is a tough word but thats exactly what it is
    i was addicted to knight too , i thought it is a wonderful game but now i just cant figure in my mind what is so good about knight .
    its the worst p2p in the world .
    erm.... you have to remember...... we're not all you

you can't tell me how i feel

CrusAd3R

maybe u and the ppl in the article feel addicted and act like u r on drugs or something, but most of us dont.
    oh and another thing is maybe U play for enjoying the server crashes and the turks but ppl ENJOY it.

acolyted

true one above me
    if u laugh at the turks that pm u with s.a aga and all these ur having much more fun then just playing and lvling and pking
    tell them Hy sex plys or I believe i can fly and after they reply u ull laugh to hell ;]

ISRsoldier

Originally posted by ZhouYu
    LMAO, I anit reading all that....
    You better read this it will donate you a thing or two

ISRsoldier

Thats sad but true, i had so many characters which i've lost due to hacks or K2ed it doesnt really matter, and i just kept on leveling new characters, i figured out i'm not dating my girl (i'm not even talking about phone calls or smth like that), not showing up for fammily dinners cause i wanna exp more and so on...

I got lucky that the army took me away from my home and got me out of that poor reality which donate me nothing at all.
    Well my girl is calling me from the kitchen i'm late for lunch, you guys should really spare a minute or two to reconsider your choices, i'm selling my whole stuff i just cant belive that i'm actually making money out of it...

At the end you'll end up having nothing you'll just turn on your PC and get a black screen aventually...
    But yea, like you said, its fun right?

ministry

Originally posted by ZhouYu
    LMAO, I anit reading all that....

Diphosgene

ask whoever u want no one could explain how people pay for something so shitty...
    if u are having so fun with turks just sell ur char and take a flight to turkey...
    ull have alot more fun

Banned

The Twelve Steps of On-Line Gamers Anonymous

Note: The Twelve Steps of Alcoholics Anonymous have been adapted for OLGA/OLG-Anon with the permission of Alcoholics Anonymous World Services, Inc. ("A.A.W.S."). A.A. is not affiliated with OLGA/OLG-Anon as A.A. is a program of recovery from alcoholism only.

These twelve steps are guidelines for members of On-Line Gamers Anonymous to live by. Regardless of which step you are about to enter, the support of the twelve step program will help you recognize and conquer on-line gaming addiction.

1. We admitted we were powerless over on-line gaming, and that our lives have become unmanageable.

2. Came to believe that a Power greater than ourselves could restore us to sanity.

3. Made a decision to turn our will and our lives over to the care of God as we understood Him.

4. Made a searching and fearless moral inventory of ourselves.

5. Admitted to God, to ourselves and to another human being the exact nature of our wrongs.

6. Were entirely ready to have God remove all these defects of character.

7. Humbly asked Him to remove our shortcomings.

8. Made a list of all persons we had harmed, and became willing to make amends to them all.

9. Made direct amends to such people wherever possible, except when to do so would injure, them or others.

10. Continued to take personal inventory and when we were wrong promptly admitted it.

11. Sought through prayer and meditation to improve our conscious contact with God as we understood Him, praying only for knowledge of His will for us and the power to carry that out.

12. Having had a spiritual awakening as the result of these steps, we tried to carry this message to other compulsive on-line gamers and to practice these principles in all our affairs.

lol, stupid christians

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast