Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Please read this .

This is a discussion on Please read this . within the General Chat forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; yea lol christians are stupid jews ftw...
Page: 5

Diphosgene

yea lol christians are stupid
    jews ftw

Sustain

stupid jews and christians and all!

Cavalier

Originally posted by PADDY
    well i'll be honest with ya here, i do play this game alot and there is no doubt, installing this game for the first time was indeed a 'life changing experience' so to speak. The fact of the matter is i play this game because i genuinly am bored and if i didn't have this to distract me i'd only have something else to do it instead.

Say people see it as abnormal playing an online computer game, the same people would not consider playing say Pro Evo 5 on a PS2 all day abnormal, possibly because it has a pause button giving you the oppertunity to drop what you are doing at the push of the button, where as these games do not.To be honest i'd rather me in my room interacting via the internet with real people than playing alone on a ps2 etc, but thats personal preference to be more social.

Over the last week my internet was down and i used the time to watch all those DVD's i had never watched and i did go out with my friends alot, but i would have done that anyway. *I felt no craving for the game, infact i was more interested in returning to these forums and talking to the guys on vent, thus proving my theory of the social interaction being the greatest loss.

Anyway i wont deny that my university grades probably suffered as a result of this game to some extent, playing when i should have been revising etc, but it would be childish and immature to blame the game for this, esspecially in the way that man in the long ass quote did. If it hadn't have been the game that distracted me it would have been something else, football, my PS2, wanking, could have all been good choices. Fact of the matter is i'm shit at concentrating, so something would have always distracted me.

Anyway i could go on explaining my mentality on all of these things but reality is the game meerly something to keep me distracted, i get bored, i need something to do, and it serves its purpose, it is neither an dependancy nor an addiction, just a hobby
    That's exacly my life in a nutshell. I don't play games for the fact that i'm addicted, I play them cause i'm bored shitless at home. I know i should be studying and revising for school but that's boring so I don't. As we speak it's almost 2am and i'm still up posting on a forum, when I really should be in bed.

Quitting KO was the best thing I ever did. I miss no part of it except my clannies, and the people I speak to in vent. I didn't play KO for the game, I played for the people. I made some really good freinds in this game, some i'll never forget. But life moves on and I realised that there's more important things in my life. My girlfriend for one.

Diphosgene

all the time i see those posts of 'ok now its my time to quit ' with 1000 men list of blah blah blah i love u....i made these posts as well ...obviously a man write this message cant quit the game...i just noticed how game becomes less and less important part of my life till i came to the state where in last two weeks i entered my char once and found out i got a new rol
    so yea...

every word here cost a gold

agry...after this reading i decided wount buy premium and play less,stupid RPG games,ppl cant stop and play more and more... games start control them... is it insane? nop... its reality, think about it !!!

Milkshaker

Yes, everything in that article is absolutely true... so goodbye everyone, I will quit KnightOnline... right after I level again...

TryToSlmMe

i think that u just only need to have the time to do it, the only thign u need to have its to have priorities well difined, i.e, i spend now(vacations times) some of the time with my family at home watching some movies and hanging around, with my frins hanging out sme nights, going to movies, and stuff like that, then ko :P, and/or in school time i give ko less time(my grades can proove it :P) its not hard to.. :wub: just need to have the priorities well defined :wub:

its like illness,its soo hard to stop. u just want excape from reality,dont try hide it... but DELETE KO and u see that all time u was just hiding from reality,dont try escape from real life !!!

Exactly what PADDY said is correct, you can't blame the game. The people that should be blamed are the ones who allow it to control them. As he said, I couldn't give two shits about the actual game, however the people I have become friends with and talk to on a daily basis on ventrilo are hard to move away from.

OLD1953

Psychologists speak of "addictive personalities", IOW, there are persons who have a very strong inclination to become addicted or compulsive about certain behaviors, and this tendency exists even if they change the nature of the addiction.

The often referenced "twelve step" programs simply replace the socially unacceptable addiction (drugs, alcohol, gambling, sex etc) with the more socially acceptable religous addiction. If you've ever met anyone who really "got it" during a twelve step program, you know what I mean, if not, consider yourself fortunate.

Whether or not the addictive personality is due to a real mental problem or is due to an actual physical imbalance is something still not proven, but that some persons have such personalities is beyond dispute.

how the hell can u play 50 hours in a row?
    or 20 a day?

WTF

back when i was still in school, the most time i played on christmas holidays (i got no $$ to travel so i was @ home) it was like 8-10 hours a day, and not all week

i started with a partner a company, i work about 5-9 hours a day (good to be the boss)
    not this month coz im watching too many dvd @ night but i go 4-5 days to the gym
    i run 4-8 miles 4-5 times a week
    i hang out with my friends on weekends (not this1 coz my brother came for a legal issue)
    i like to watch tv a lot
    when i play, which is not every day its from 8-10 pm central us time
    and on weekends u guys know non-premium babas like me cant connect

its so sad to read that ppl killed to play a game...

p.s. any baba wanna lvl me up? i dont have much time to play :wub:

Diphosgene

eric , where exactly did i blame the game ?
    i blamed the "costumers" who pay for a piece of shit...

Originally posted by Diphosgene
    eric , where exactly did i blame the game ?
    i blamed the "costumers" who pay for a piece of shit...
    if you are simply referring to KO then this has nothing to do with the article because you're simply applying it to the opinion you have of 1 game in general. Games do not do this to people unless people allow it to happen.

Diphosgene

both players of knight or any other game are guilty...thats exactly what im saying...
    just u know knight very good...so im taking it as an example

Yes, DO DRUGS!

+10 my brotha... article too long to read fuk it