Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast

Please read this .

This is a discussion on Please read this . within the General Chat forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; the story was very sad....i was like damn...that sucks soo bad. I hope that guy is getting back on track...and ...
Page: 6

the story was very sad....i was like damn...that sucks soo bad. I hope that guy is getting back on track...and hopefully when he is...he can win his wife back.

I dont play KO as much...probably like 1 hour in like 3 weeks. I find my life much more easier without KO....i use to postpone chilling with my friends...because it was war or me about to lvl. This game is addicting and i was addicted for quite sometime...but now that i think back on it...this game pretty muched wasted my life...i use to spend countless hours playing this game just talking with clannies. But all of it for nothing except pixels on the screen. OMGzors i must spend all night xping...cuz i need 10 more %..omfggggggzorrr. Jesus, and if u really think about it..how is playing video games going to profit you...i mean seriously people are so addicted it makes them oblivious to their surrounding and RL. I know tons of people who would xp 8-9 hours straight just to lvl.

to the young people that plays this game...STOP when ur in high school....cuz there is just more stuff to experience in high school then playing any game 8-9 hours. Be in organizations, clubs, sports, etc. STUDY! Get laid, get a gf, go out and party.....trust me all of those stuff is way much better then sitting in front of a monitor 8 hours straight. There is SOOO MUCH things in life then just games.

MOST GIRLS DO NOT like guys that spend most of their time on a video game, if they dont mind now, eventually later on they will.

Diphosgene

yea im almost 16 and i decided its time to end it for damn good...

good for you

im 17...and about to go to college

and what i said about the girls not liking guys that play games...thats totally true...happened to me...

Originally posted by Greygoose
    good for you * *

im 17...and about to go to college *

and what i said about the girls not liking guys that play games...thats totally true...happened to me... *
    o rly? My gf knows i used to play games alot, she's got np with it :P

whassup

shes probably ugly

M0NSTERED

Originally posted by whassup
    shes probably ugly

rifk

screw that, i dont live my life based on what 'other people will like'

my penis is here to pleasure 1 person... me

if someone else is satisfied at the same time then thats lucky for them

Originally posted by Shurt+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Shurt)</div>
    <!--QuoteBegin-Greygoose
    good for you * *

im 17...and about to go to college *

and what i said about the girls not liking guys that play games...thats totally true...happened to me... *
    o rly? My gf knows i used to play games alot, she's got np with it :P[/b]
    used???

Banned

:unsure: mmmmmm... good article.. took a while to read. but it was well worth it

=P if we all just ask our self the question - Am I Addicted ? -
    then it all solved. as for the rest - like mr. moderator said - it you who let it happen. not the game. u made the decision
    to let it control you
    we all love the excuse - i play when im bore - but im sure u can go work out when ur bore ^^
    back when i was playing runescape... Zzz.. i was god... and i would often get dream.. lolllllllllll <-- realized addiction and quit
    came back 4x till i finally quit
    T_T but soon after.. found KO.. lol .. life suck
    ( dreams such as -- if i was the first person to know all the crap... Zzz.. i would own this god dam game )
    ( if i was the first person to know how to combo .. i own CZ .. if i was the first person to know where all boss spawn i ownt he game )
    (dream of gettin UBER items) <-- hehe.. dreams and imagination
    as for KO.. -- i had a 5.4 GPA <-- 4.0 an A's -- when i hit my senior year.. it went down to 3.8 .. i barely manage to get it up to 4.8 when i graduated.. and yes.. our system work with 4.0 GPA , i tooked alot of AP classes to get this up this high .

soooooo if i think about it . i was kinda addicted. taking it alot easier now . play for fun, play for friends.

soo. .just ask urself .. am i addicted .. .aand do i wanan keep doing what im doing .. then it all good
    KO > LIFE = KO4life lol .. just kidding :wub:

souldkiller

The article has good points.
    I quit ko once b4..and im back (curious about fire drake)..but just for friends and to enjoy myself really...when i have nothing to do.
    Anyone playing a lot of hours should seriously get a hold of their life..before you get the Press ok to respawn msg. Too much of a good thing is bad for you.
    But then again..its all about controlling oneself...some are able to play hours on end and manage a normal life...every human being is different.

PS: Get addicted to sex

Dro
    As hot sauce on your taco Senior Member

+1 to paddy... i play when im bored and mainly to have fun with the people i play on a daily basis, those niggas are awesome.

but idk what u want here phosgene? want us all to quit cuz u don't like the game? I have fun with it, i find it one of the best P2P games, far more entertaining than WoW, despite having an inferior Costumer/Gm relationship. The pk is just awesome, best i have seen, and it really entertains me, wich is what i look in a game. Does that makes me an addict? hell no, ill always choose hanging out with friends or family than to stay here exping or doing w/e i am. Addiction is when u let something take over the course of ur life, wich im not.

If u decided to quit, good for u, but i doubt that posting this kinds of things will make more people quite, or yet make u feel any better.

Originally posted by Dro

If u decided to quit, good for u, but i doubt that posting this kinds of things will make more people quite, or yet make u feel any better.

it may not make people quit...but it will make them think. Everybody thinks..its part of human life.

(\/) (;,,;) (\/) Why not Zoidberg? Admin camaz0tz's Avatar

Originally posted by Dro
    +1 to paddy... i play when im bored and mainly to have fun with the people i play on a daily basis, those niggas are awesome.

but idk what u want here phosgene? want us all to quit cuz u don't like the game? I have fun with it, i find it one of the best P2P games, far more entertaining than WoW, despite having an inferior Costumer/Gm relationship. The pk is just awesome, best i have seen, and it really entertains me, wich is what i look in a game. Does that makes me an addict? hell no, ill always choose hanging out with friends or family than to stay here exping or doing w/e i am. Addiction is when u let something take over the course of ur life, wich im not. *

no point discussing it with him...we had a discussion on irc...hes a nieve close minded 15 year old :rollseyes: in his mind people online<people irl...when in actuality people=people doesnt matter where they are what color skin they are how tall short etc they are one of my teachers used to say this all the time "it all goes in 1 hole and out the other no matter who u are so whys it matter?"...phosgenes whole argument is that people online are less than people irl...which is just stupid people are people if u consider them ur friends then theyre ur friends the game u play is irrelevent...KO is to this community as goin to the mall is to ur rl community...same shit different setting so to consider people online...or rather the whole online experience to be less than rl is absurd...i enjoy rl and online equally, phosgene apparently cant do that he has to have 1 or the other...before it was only online and now its only rl...i feel sad for him tbh that his mind is so blocked off he can only have 1 or the other

anonym1ty

heh. If any of you guys take computer ethics in the near future, you'll laugh and think about this forum post xD. The subject of whether or not virtual friendships can correlate to a real life friendship is often discussed. Is it unethical that a girl divorces her husband to marry someone she met online? Some argue that its the same thing as divorcing her husband for her next door neighbor (sleazy, but it happens). Personally, I think its not too different. In terms of relationships, you can fall in love with a persons ideals and thoughts via the internet. Then you take the next step and ask for pictures. Whereas in real life, most people's first impressions on a girl isn't her "big and expansive mind" but in retrospect its the combination of her expansive *cough* and big *cough*. Is that reversal bad?

In regards to that one story that arca pointed out, where a guy loses his entire family. I can find a story where someone creates an entire life by meeting and marrying someone from the virtual world.

http://www.voip-news-net.com/2006/01/oddly..._enough_co.html

Some parts of what camazots has said about online personalities is true. Due to the fact that nobody expects to meet (in real life) someone from the online realm, less lies are told and therefore people are more truthful with one another. However, its somewhat a double edge sword, because with the knowledge that you might not meet these people, fables and stories about their real lives are told.

Are the friends that you have from KnightOnline kept only by continually playing it? Is it wrong that you discuss daily life stuff with people you play KO with even though you've quit? Personally, I don't think so. I even got a text message from 2 clannies on Edana saying happy birthday. Called them back and said, wtf? But, to be honest, it wasn't a bad feeling when they did that. I was actually surprised and touched by what they did.

For the people who don't want to read.

Summary : Its not bad that you favor internet friends versus real friends.

You cannot generalize people for playing a game that they have for entertainment value.

Saying someone does not have a "real life" because they play a virtual game is naive.

The only thing I've wondered about Knight Online is, are people still playing the game to be number 1? Especially on the servers such as Diez and Ares. When you finally reach #1, will you quit? or will you maintain that status?

People like zero or chris have reached a crazy amount of np and have probably reached their goals for the characters lvl and gear. What will you do at that point?

Aba

drugs + pk = pwnage ^_^

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast