31 15.35%
  • Lvl 83 No Ardream

77 38.12%
  • Lvl 70 No Ardream

43 21.29%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 289101112131415 LastLast

POLL - 70 cap?

This is a discussion on POLL - 70 cap? within the General Chat forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; Originally Posted by Spitfire There appears to be a lot of confusion concerning what this proposed lvl cap actually is ...
Page: 12

Quote Originally Posted by Spitfire View Post
    There appears to be a lot of confusion concerning what this proposed lvl cap actually is. It is not permanent, it's only for a shorter period of time (3 months?). The final lvl cap will be 83, regardless.

I guess OP could have been clearer.
    ahh, that makes a lot more sense, but why have they decided to do that? is it like another beta?
    Last edited by AmiT; 10-30-2011 at 06:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by AmiT View Post
    ahh, that makes a lot more sense, but what have they decided to do that? is it like another beta?
    These are the release dates:
    4 November, 10AM CET: PVP Beta launch
    7 November, 8PM CET: PVP Beta end
    8 November, 11AM CET: Official launch

They were thinking of adding an cap on 70 for a few months. This would be the official server already. We will get more info on that subject soon wether there will be cap or no cap.

Quote Originally Posted by AmiT View Post
    ahh, that makes a lot more sense, but why have they decided to do that? is it like another beta?
    The idea is to make the PvP more even, avoiding that hardcore lvlers/sharers get way ahead of everyone else; and no, this is for the real servers. It is not yet decided whether or not such a lvl cap actually is going to be implemented.

Legendary Mage Senior Member tHeUnBeAtAbLe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Futility View Post
    Pretty much, yeah. I'd also add that some (or quite a few) of the people who prefer a level 83 cap will still play even if it's 70, or join later, etc.

The tradeoff isn't necessarily this cynical though. I'd like to make everybody happy and there's an obvious way to do it, I'm just not sure if it's technically feasible. We're gonna need to hold a few conference calls with devs is what I'm saying
    Yes most people will still most likely play the level 70 cap... but question is for how long. This statement could also be twisted the other way around... and I could say with 100% assurance that people would also play the 83 cap if that was the only option. Like I've said before, you have the advantage of attracted KO players who have been sick and tired of all the cheating done on USKO and just simply how they run it... whatever you do, people will follow you. So yes, put a 70 cap, and even the hardcores will play... that is until they probably get bored as fuck cause in this version there is literally nothing to do other then PK, and well PK all the time just meh... On the other hand, put it to be an 83 cap, and people will still complain, but they got no other option but to play.

Quote Originally Posted by buzer View Post
    IMO You're wrong. Casual player have already limited time for playing so to get from it as much as possible they're buying pus items too. not only for premiums but also to resell pus items since they don't have that much time to farm and rather use it to lvl/pk.

Also with cap, those who would share accounts might decide that it isn't worth the trouble and just lvl char on their own. Because of that servers will most likely end up being more populated.

Of course there will be those who decide not to go but frankly i don't see it as a problem. Those are guys who don't enjoy pk without having 5-10 lvls advantage over 90% of server population. They will most likely quit anyway after few months when others start to catch up to their 15+ hours/day active accounts. We've seen it in every new server k2 started.
    That is a pretty retarded assumption. Just because you guys are casual players, you're the ones wasting all the money in game? No... the casual players are known for babashoping, which involves buying characters/items off the black market... which does not benefit the company in any way. As for the PUS items, the casuals and hardcores both use them and buy them equally. If anything, it's the hardcore players that buy more from the PUS as let's say an account is online 24/7 compared to an account of 1 hour per day... imagine how many premium potions and scrolls the active accounts uses in compared to the casual player.

Implementing a "lvl 70 cap" will not divide sharers. I will still have both my friends with me,... it will only mean that we won't have to buy premium... so that's the only thing I see positive out of this level 70 cap,... saving 30$... which is not so positive for NTTgames.

On the other hand, even if you thought people would "divide" and play their own chars... well let me just ask you this. Would you rather have a server with 1500 people that have their chars online almost 24/7 (meaning sharers on an account) or 3000 people with the activity of their chars being online for 2-3 hours a day. The difference is, in the first situation you will have 1 server of fully active players... and the 2nd server you will have 2 servers, with hardly it having anything of a similarity to activity level of the server in the first option.

My advice: Make a poll on the official forums that will last for a few days, and upon that decide what you will do. You can't even use the excuse of "but many didn't vote"... because if people really cared, they will vote. Majority wins.

I voted for 83 no ardream. I very much like ardream, and used to play it full time. However, releasing ardream straight away is silly. NTT should wait and see what the activity of the server is like, and whether or not introducing ardream will impact the activity of areas like colony zone.

They very fact you are allowed to have multiple choices show how incompetent the OP is.

Little archer Senior Member

i voted for both of the 83 choices

Focus more on what matters.. Doesn't really matter about your level caps/zones if you cant excel in things that USKO failed at...

I'd be more worried that there was blatant hackers in BETA, than what the fucking level cap is rofl.

even if the discussion was based on hackers, what could there be done about it?

server isnt up yet, we dont know anything about the anticheating program. all we know is that there will be 10 gms from the philippines 24/7 that are currently in training

My point was not solely hackers, i kind of left it open for any non-moronic person to interpret.

Quote Originally Posted by Lavie View Post
    Focus more on what matters.. Doesn't really matter about your level caps/zones if you cant excel in things that USKO failed at...

I'd be more worried that there was blatant hackers in BETA, than what the fucking level cap is rofl.
    There were hackers during the beta but anywyz without ardream, euko is auto-fail.
    Not every1 likes grinding exp to the max lvl. Its not summer time anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Lavie View Post
    My point was not solely hackers, i kind of left it open for any non-moronic person to interpret.
    there have been posts regarding customer support and such... sorry if you weren't informed.

stay classy, lavie

Justin Oreos Senior Member sleven07's Avatar

hope it ends up being 83 no dcz.. would really help with population in pk zones

Quote Originally Posted by razor View Post
    there have been posts regarding customer support and such... sorry if you weren't informed.

stay classy, lavie
    Won't waste my time with such...

me neither.

wannabe smartasses deserve no attention whatsoever.

have a good one

LinkBacks (?)