Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Possible Reason why we cant connect?

This is a discussion on Possible Reason why we cant connect? within the General Chat forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; I wont bother commenting about Lunarpages cause they simply suck. There are FAR better hosting options than Lunarpages. And about ...
Page: 4

Derden

I wont bother commenting about Lunarpages cause they simply suck. There are FAR better hosting options than Lunarpages. And about ddosprotection.com, they are VERY expensive. Gigenet or awknet are much better options IMO and at reasonable prices.

So we end up with solutions based on specialized hardware that blocks DDoS (those hostings have invested LOTS of $$$ in DDoS protection which translates in a higher price). For a community site funded by donations and ads, those hosts are not always accesible so DDoS can be a pain in the ass.

Back where we started. I still dont see the "its easy to stop a DDoS" solution and with easy I meant the magic way of doing it fast and cheap.[/b]

kool id be intreasted on hearing on how you got round this is there somwhere you can doint me in the direction of a site or somthing be intresting to know

Zaria

Dear Knight Online Players,

The Knight Online game servers will be taken offline earlier than scheduled due to our weekly server maintenance. The servers will be offline for an extended period of time. Thank you for your patience during this scheduled maintenance window.

-The Knight Online Team

extended = very close ( but no equal) to forever

Dear Knight Online Players,

The Knight Online game servers will be taken offline earlier than scheduled due to our weekly server maintenance. The servers will be offline for an extended period of time. Thank you for your patience during this scheduled maintenance window.

-The Knight Online Team[/b]
    why does everyone keep posting this its in every thread...like words mean anything

like please someone make a sticky of that geez....

Protoss Arbiter Senior Member

I wont bother commenting about Lunarpages cause they simply suck. There are FAR better hosting options than Lunarpages. And about ddosprotection.com, they are VERY expensive. Gigenet or awknet are much better options IMO and at reasonable prices.

So we end up with solutions based on specialized hardware that blocks DDoS (those hostings have invested LOTS of $$$ in DDoS protection which translates in a higher price). For a community site funded by donations and ads, those hosts are not always accesible so DDoS can be a pain in the ass.

Back where we started. I still dont see the "its easy to stop a DDoS" solution and with easy I meant the magic way of doing it fast and cheap.[/b]
    Devile > you

Lunarpages does suck, but it's cheap!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234