Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

is it possible that some one hacks you by this forum?

This is a discussion on is it possible that some one hacks you by this forum? within the General Chat forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; im just wondering if its possible some one hacks you by ko4life.com cuz on monday i was hacked and i ...
Page: 1

farhad

Default is it possible that some one hacks you by this forum?

im just wondering if its possible some one hacks you by ko4life.com cuz on monday i was hacked and i scanned my pc 5 times for any virus or trojan but nothing founded and i never shared my account or gave pass away h43r:. its very suspicious that on same day a few hours ago i posted some screenshots of badcompany in here. maybe a Mod hates me and hacked me? cuz my ko4life pass and id was same as this. i hope other people dont do same mistake as me to have same pass id in here as ingame. ty for reading this i hope i get rollbacked even i know some people dont likes me but ya big kiss for you then :wub:

Banned Senior Member

mods cant see passwords, neither can admins. Admins only have the ability to change your password

OohYouTouchedMyTraLa

if u use the same id/pass as ingame... most likely

Default Re: is it possible that some one hacks you by this forum?

Originally posted by farhad
    my ko4life pass and id was same as this
    >.< Not a great idea...

evenson

so you better change ur ko pw asap. lol

Cleatus

although this particular site is relatively secure, phpBB is NOT the most stable platform out there. It may not have been a mod, but it could have been a user ~ dont' use your same id and pass anywhere.. that's just crazy

farhad

k thanks for replys i was just wonding if i could have been hacked by ko4life -_-

The site is secure and not even I can see passwords directly.

Having the same forum name as the id is a really bad idea. There are lots of rumors of ppl being able to hack by just knowing the userid. Sure, lot of ppl do and dont get hacked, but some did.

I got hacked like that long time ago ... bad idea to pick Devile as my userid ...

farhad

this is what i wrote to the CS

Dear customer support
    I was last logged in on monday 17th july 2006 at 17.21 (+1GMT) then i logged out and went to sleep. And at Tuesday 18th july 2006 at 07.14 i logged in and saw all my items were gone. I only play knightonline from my house and my account has been compromised because of a security lapse in the game. Please roll me back to the date i have specified. Iam regular premium buyer and i have spended alot of money into this game. I hope i can continue playing KO when this gets resolved. I might quit KO if i dont get rollbacked cause i have worked so hard for to get so far. Its redicilous i would never give my game id and pass away. You can check my ip addresses and i demand a rollback if others got it, i should get one too. I will have to report this to BBB if you cant assist me in this situation. Thank you.

Regards
    Farhad

and this is what i got from them

Hail farhad!
    We do not support accounts that have had shared access. All issues with these accounts will have to be resolved between the users involved. We are sorry for any inconvenience this may cause. Thank you for playing Knight Online.

-Knight Online Customer Service Team

Hostage

Ouch..

the_man_slayer

nice one :lol: keep going until u get your roll back :wub: go ahead and report them to the BBB and see if something gets done ^_^

TunaFishyMe

this is what i wrote to the CS

Dear customer support
    I was last logged in on monday 17th july 2006 at 17.21 (+1GMT) then i logged out and went to sleep. And at Tuesday 18th july 2006 at 07.14 i logged in and saw all my items were gone. I only play knightonline from my house and my account has been compromised because of a security lapse in the game. Please roll me back to the date i have specified. Iam regular premium buyer and i have spended alot of money into this game. I hope i can continue playing KO when this gets resolved. I might quit KO if i dont get rollbacked cause i have worked so hard for to get so far. Its redicilous i would never give my game id and pass away. You can check my ip addresses and i demand a rollback if others got it, i should get one too. I will have to report this to BBB if you cant assist me in this situation. Thank you.

Regards
    Farhad

and this is what i got from them

Hail farhad! *
    We do not support accounts that have had shared access. All issues with these accounts will have to be resolved between the users involved. We are sorry for any inconvenience this may cause. Thank you for playing Knight Online.

-Knight Online Customer Service Team
    Lol you posted this before. I was going to tell you not to post the response like that cuz it gives out your ID but since you already announced it i guess its ok
    Hail (variable Username)

Yun_Yuuzhan

im just wondering if its possible some one hacks you by ko4life.com cuz on monday i was hacked and i scanned my pc 5 times for any virus or trojan but nothing founded and i never shared my account or gave pass away h43r:. its very suspicious that on same day a few hours ago i posted some screenshots of badcompany in here. maybe a Mod hates me and hacked me? cuz my ko4life pass and id was same as this. i hope other people dont do same mistake as me to have same pass id in here as ingame. ty for reading this i hope i get rollbacked even i know some people dont likes me but ya big kiss for you then :wub:
    It is conceivable, that's how NYChris got hacked the first time. None of the mods or admins here would bother though, like Devile said we can't access that information.

Hypnos

Originally posted by Yun_Yuuzhan
    It is conceivable, that's how NYChris got hacked the first time. *None of the mods or admins here would bother though, like Devile said we can't access that information.
    First website "security" was based on cookies, so u just needed to log in the web with a random account, go to your cookies folder, edit the ko website cookie and change the userid to your victims userid. Refresh and u were logged as your victim. Change email, send password to your email and u were good to go.

Just needed the bday to change the email, but since there were less than 76000 combinations of dates (all days between Jan 1st 1930 and 31 Dec 2002), bruteforcing took less than 8 hours. Average 4 hours

Anyway, the chances of getting hacked ingame cause someone hacked this site, got direct access to our database and cracked the MD5 password is pretty close to 0%. Is more likely that there's a security problem with K2 web or a game problem were ppl can hack others just knowing the userid, or just keyloggers.6

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast