Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Ko account sharing

This is a discussion on Ko account sharing within the General Chat forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; http://forum.knightonlineworld.com/forum_e...howtopic=167197 So what he says is you just have to change ur country in MyKOL and u can share? Patch ...
Page: 1

http://forum.knightonlineworld.com/forum_e...howtopic=167197
    So what he says is you just have to change ur country in MyKOL and u can share?

Patch 1527 Frequently Asked Questions
    What has changed?
    Why has this changed?
    What will this accomplish?
    Why fix what isn’t broken?
    How does this affect me?
    Can I log in from a different computer than the one I usually use to play Knight Online?
    What if I login from multiple IPs?
    What if I log in from more than one country?
    What if I move to another country?
    What if I travel to another country?
    Can I share my account?
    Why is K2 suddenly cracking down on account sharing?
    What about people that share within their own country?
    What if I want to share among family members?
    Isn’t it unfair that account sharers in a single country are not discriminated against, but account sharers in different countries are?
    I can’t log in, but I’m the account owner. What should I do?
    Can I change my stored location?
    1. What has changed?
    Going forward, accounts will only be accessible from a single geographic region. If you live in the United States, for example, your account will only be accessible from within the United States. If you live in Peru, your account will only be accessible from Peru.

2. Why has this changed?
    While easy to spot and kick out, gold farmers are so legion that that GMs are forced to spend the majority of their time banning them. Because of the identifiable patterns in the way they log in to Knight Online, this patch will make life very difficult for them.

3. What will this accomplish?
    More than anything this patch will increase the amount of effort gold farmers must expend in order to play Knight Online. More effort spent means less realized profit for these companies. Secondarily, as much hacking of accounts occurs from people outside of a player’s home region, it will serve to cut down on accounts and items lost to hacking.

4. Why fix what isn’t broken?
    We feel that keeping from farmers from inundating the game is a necessary addition to Knight Online. With them gone—or at least, with their decreased presence—there will be more open slots available to both premium and non-premium players, more spawn points for legitimate players to hunt at, and increased ability to complete quests. Not only that, but with GMs not having to spend all of their time banning farmers, they are free to spend more time assisting with individual player issues.

5. How does this affect me?
    For the vast majority of players this will have no impact. If play Knight Online at home, at a friend’s house, or in an internet café, you will notice no change. If you share your account with others (which is against the TOS) you will likely experience a greater degree of difficulty than before, if the person(s) with whom you share your account are not in the same country as you.

6. Can I log in from a different computer than the one I usually use to play Knight Online?
    Absolutely.

7. What if I login from multiple IPs?
    You will not be affected by this patch unless you are logging in from multiple different countries to play Knight Online.

8. What if I log in from more than one country?
    If you travel for work, or school, an option will be shortly added to the MyKOL section on the Knight Online homepage. Here you may update your region. If, for instance, you live in Spain and travel to Argentina, when you get to Argentina all you need to do is update your account to your current region. If you move back to Spain that same month, update it again.

9. What if I move to another country?
    All you’ll have to do is update your account region in the MyKOL section on the homepage.

10. What if I travel to another country?
    You may update your account region in the MyKOL section on the homepage.

11. Can I share my account?
    While this patch is not intended to specifically restrict account sharing, it has shown itself to make it more difficult for those that share accounts. K2 does not now nor will it ever offer Customer Support in regards to account sharers (this includes game patches)

12. Why is K2 suddenly cracking down on account sharing?
    We are not cracking down on account sharing. This patch, while it affects account sharers, was not conceived with the intention of making life more difficult for them.

13. What about people that share within their own country?
    Again, this patch has nothing to do with account sharers. If, in the future, when all other problems are solved, we decide to crack down on account sharing, then we may address people that share within the same country. But for now, we are not.

14. What if I want to share among family members?
    Sharing among family members is in some cases permissible. For more information, see the fourth paragraph of the Terms of Service.

15. Isn’t it unfair that account sharers in a single country are not discriminated against, but account sharers in different countries are?
    Nobody is being discriminated against as this patch only incidentally affects account sharers regardless of country. If players violate the TOS in one country or many countries they are subject to the same actions, but unfortunately, this patch makes it more difficult for people who share across countries.

16. I can’t log in, but I’m the account owner. What should I do?
    Send a ticket to Customer Support including the error information you are receiving. They can update your region one-time only in case you are falsely locked out of your account.

17. Can I change my stored location?
    This functionality is coming soon. It will be possible to change two times per month, which will allow anyone who travels for work or school to continue playing unhindered.

Sorry if this is alrdy posted somewhere

Yeh but you can only change it twice per month lol, still sucks for sharers.

Yeh but you can only change it twice per month lol, still sucks for sharers.[/b]
    Yea true, but still nice if some1 goes on Holliday or w/e

BlueAdept

I don't see what the big deal is. play your own character, level it yourself, earn your own coin and np. if you find the grind of leveling to hard then maybe you should find another game that is easier for you. For those that have lost the ability to access their characters that will be corrected soon by the ability to change their country of origin.

agendas

I don't see what the big deal is. play your own character, level it yourself, earn your own coin and np. if you find the grind of leveling to hard then maybe you should find another game that is easier for you.[/b]
    well put dont complain about sharers...... thats jus stupid

SoMbRa

I don't see what the big deal is. play your own character, level it yourself, earn your own coin and np. if you find the grind of leveling to hard then maybe you should find another game that is easier for you. For those that have lost the ability to access their characters that will be corrected soon by the ability to change their country of origin.[/b]
    +1

Hey cutie Senior Member

I don't see what the big deal is. play your own character, level it yourself, earn your own coin and np. if you find the grind of leveling to hard then maybe you should find another game that is easier for you. For those that have lost the ability to access their characters that will be corrected soon by the ability to change their country of origin.[/b]
    its about being competetive, no one likes being last, everyone wants to be first. SO hence they share and lvl x2 faster. Its not about hardships or whatever, its the race to the top, and thats the reason people share, to get lvl 80 or whatever.
    ORRRRR maybe could be what you said :P

k2 handled this patch horribly and i dont really think its gonna do much to stop the gold farming as long as k2 keeps gem rates low and continue to manage the game with such a small amount of gms

WITH THAT SAID i must say k2 handled the aftermath of this patch pretty well within about 6 hours it was fixed to work properly and within unno 24 hours everything that needed to be addressed was addressed and soon enough it should be back to playable and yeah ppl can't share country to country but who cares in games like runescape and world of warcraft things such as sharing aren't even allowed and are a perm ban (they actually monitor ip actively)

k2 handled this patch horribly and i dont really think its gonna do much to stop the gold farming as long as k2 keeps gem rates low and continue to manage the game with such a small amount of gms

WITH THAT SAID i must say k2 handled the aftermath of this patch pretty well within about 6 hours it was fixed to work properly and within unno 24 hours everything that needed to be addressed was addressed and soon enough it should be back to playable and yeah ppl can't share country to country but who cares in games like runescape and world of warcraft things such as sharing aren't even allowed and are a perm ban (they actually monitor ip actively)[/b]
    true

its about being competetive, no one likes being last, everyone wants to be first. SO hence they share and lvl x2 faster. Its not about hardships or whatever, its the race to the top, and thats the reason people share, to get lvl 80 or whatever.
    ORRRRR maybe could be what you said :P[/b]
    +1 h34r:

Ya but i dont see anything about them saying its ok that their wasteing 5 days of my plat premy because i cant loggin to my account? ( Im orginal owner and have NO sharers) and no replying to my ticket?

NEMANYA

Ya but i dont see anything about them saying its ok that their wasteing 5 days of my plat premy because i cant loggin to my account? ( Im orginal owner and have NO sharers) and no replying to my ticket?[/b]
    You know...pay to be screwed..

THAT'S WHY I LOVE WORLD OF WARCRAFT .

DeathInTheNight

Ya Blizzards security is fairly good, just a pity their games like wow an stuff really sux.

stefann

Do any one know when will they add that shit in mykol so we can add more location on our chars ?

NaidenZ

Do any one know when will they add that shit in mykol so we can add more location on our chars ?[/b]
    as far as I know you can't add more locations to your char , you just can change the location :X

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast