Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By FreeSpirit

Windforce

This is a discussion on Windforce within the General Chat forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; Hello there, since im playing archer on hellsgarem atm, I have a question releated to windforce and their effects. Im ...
Page: 1

Default Windforce

Hello there, since im playing archer on hellsgarem atm, I have a question releated to windforce and their effects. Im using atm a eagle eye +8 but im thinking to switch to wf +7 soon. So my question is, which windforce to go for since I aint that really good with gear ( not really tanky atm no iron set, im in love with ap archer ) any suggestions?
    Greetings

Banned Senior Member

Fire rain or diet

Quote Originally Posted by ImmortalOne View Post
    Fire rain or diet
    any special reason for those 2

Banned Senior Member

I HATE ARCHERS... why is the stun and slow of archers so high in hells server.... i have good res or that don't count ??

Little archer Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by xGodakaMirza View Post
    any special reason for those 2
    I'll give you a breakdown of the curses and why those 2 are better in most situations. There are 2 scenarios for most bows: General pk and 1v1.

Undefeatable prevents teleports. This is the cheapest bow because its curse is the most situational. It doesn't provide bonus damage, it doesn't provide any self advantage in 1v1 and it doesn't limit your opponent's combat ability in any way.

Lousy Pickpocket removes your enemies' weapons for 2(?) seconds. This curse is useless in general pk. It won't help you finishing stragglers off, it won't help you kill a priest faster, provide bonus damage or help your party in any way. Its only strong suit is in 1v1s, where it can mitigate thousands of potential incoming damage.

Bombastic enlarges your target for a large duration (longest curse), reducing their AC for 150 or so. This one can be semi-useful in both general pk and 1v1. In general pk it can help you and / or your party do more damage to a target, and in 1v1 it makes it nullifies the S-R combo, while helping you land more AS/MS arrows.

Diet prevents pot usage. This can be huge both in any scenario. It's a pretty straightforward curse. There's a catch though, I don't think 'special' potions are affected by this curse. Only regular ones (special ones include pots like abyss, ibex, PUS pots, maestro, etc). This is a bug that most likely will never be fixed.

Fire rain unleashes a 250 direct damage aoe around your target (216 after passives). Unlike the other curses that have a 1% chance of working, this one has a 5% chance. That means that it'll go off quite often. It's not that great in paper, and it's tbh severely overrated. Like diet (and to a lesser extent bombastic), this one is also useful under most situations. Top it off with a cool unique gfx on curse activation for maximum style points!

A small piece of advice, though. Unequip one piece of jewelry or armor, and do the math on how many points of attack you're getting per DEX point. If it's less than 6 then you're most likely not going to get that much more attack power for 'upgrading' from EE8 to WF7 (losing 3 weapon attack points equals to a 55-65 attack power loss). So basically don't bother unless the curse effect is well worth it. If you're looking for maximum attack power, helenid +8 is your answer.

Quote Originally Posted by razor View Post
    I'll give you a breakdown of the curses and why those 2 are better in most situations. There are 2 scenarios for most bows: General pk and 1v1.

Undefeatable prevents teleports. This is the cheapest bow because its curse is the most situational. It doesn't provide bonus damage, it doesn't provide any self advantage in 1v1 and it doesn't limit your opponent's combat ability in any way.

Lousy Pickpocket removes your enemies' weapons for 2(?) seconds. This curse is useless in general pk. It won't help you finishing stragglers off, it won't help you kill a priest faster, provide bonus damage or help your party in any way. Its only strong suit is in 1v1s, where it can mitigate thousands of potential incoming damage.

Bombastic enlarges your target for a large duration (longest curse), reducing their AC for 150 or so. This one can be semi-useful in both general pk and 1v1. In general pk it can help you and / or your party do more damage to a target, and in 1v1 it makes it nullifies the S-R combo, while helping you land more AS/MS arrows.

Diet prevents pot usage. This can be huge both in any scenario. It's a pretty straightforward curse. There's a catch though, I don't think 'special' potions are affected by this curse. Only regular ones (special ones include pots like abyss, ibex, PUS pots, maestro, etc). This is a bug that most likely will never be fixed.

Fire rain unleashes a 250 direct damage aoe around your target (216 after passives). Unlike the other curses that have a 1% chance of working, this one has a 5% chance. That means that it'll go off quite often. It's not that great in paper, and it's tbh severely overrated. Like diet (and to a lesser extent bombastic), this one is also useful under most situations. Top it off with a cool unique gfx on curse activation for maximum style points!

A small piece of advice, though. Unequip one piece of jewelry or armor, and do the math on how many points of attack you're getting per DEX point. If it's less than 6 then you're most likely not going to get that much more attack power for 'upgrading' from EE8 to WF7 (losing 3 weapon attack points equals to a 55-65 attack power loss). So basically don't bother unless the curse effect is well worth it. If you're looking for maximum attack power, helenid +8 is your answer.
    hmm thanks for this detailin, btw tell me, diet wf, is it removing also premium pots from pus ? or only like potion of soul and stuff i mean is it blocking thoose?

Little archer Senior Member

Only blocks potions from npc, unless they fixed that... which I honestly doubt.

Banned Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by razor View Post
    Only blocks potions from npc, unless they fixed that... which I honestly doubt.
    its not work for maestro and premium pots on official?

Thats why that bow sohuld be the cheapest one.. on Hellsgarem people want 50gb for that lawl

Helenid is best choice - for pure AP, weapon ench scroll is working with crossbows so it is best idea to go for.

Quote Originally Posted by fireboltet View Post
    Helenid is best choice - for pure AP, weapon ench scroll is working with crossbows so it is best idea to go for.
    true that but im not really a fan of crossbow combos :/

Try this Archer AP calculator if you want to check how much of an improvement is WF7 vs EE8, I made it a while ago and it was accurate. Not sure if anything happened meanwhile with the coefficients though.
    https://jsfiddle.net/rosogac/1L6frz37/show/
    Ademar likes this.

ass in hole... Senior Member Unihoc's Avatar

Haha Mirza go back to priest fatty! GodLike need more buffers ��

Quote Originally Posted by Unihoc View Post
    Haha Mirza go back to priest fatty! GodLike need more buffers ��
    screw you uni thats why i need you in my clan :P