Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

A problem with New Moradon?

This is a discussion on A problem with New Moradon? within the General Chat forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; You obviously have no idea what you are talking about. Video card memory has NOTHING to do with Monitors. Video ...
Page: 3

mammlea2

You obviously have no idea what you are talking about.

Video card memory has NOTHING to do with Monitors.

Video card memory is where the ingame textures are loaded into, however KO uses very little video card memory, the main part it uses is CPU and Main memory. Of course the game engine doesn't change, it's the same crappy thing it's always been. I'm saying they are maxing out the detail level on their crappy old engine, which already doesn't perform well. So it will run a bit slower then the current moradon does, but it should still be fine.[/b]

so ur saying that if i use a quad core, 5 ghz, 2 gb ram, and intel express shit 16mb memory, my ko will run perfectly!, sir ur full of shit (like always)

Good solution for ko is:
    Pentium 4 HT and up
    1gb ram +
    radeon 9600 128mb and up (avoid integrated graphics, and also avoid turbocache shit)
    FAT32 (way faster than ntfs, who needs security at home lol, (omfg my sis hacked me))

-RW

Mama, stop lying everyone know that u got a tired Pentium 1 166mhz! dont lie men

Tits or destiny? Senior Member Dark3lf's Avatar

Ahaha wannabe computer nerds, gotta love it! xD
    Why the hell everyone says that you need over 1 gig of ram to run KO smoothly? =DDDDD
    Let's just say I can run ko with 256mt of ram and I will get ~30 fps in d1 moradon. It's not about the amount of RAM it's about the speed of it. And RAM is not the only thing that makes your computer slow. Your motherboard might be old and shitty so even if you buy new components you wont see huge differences.
    Get a new computer for around 400$ instead of buying shitloads of new components for your old computer.
    You don't even need a good graphic card for ko but if you wanna enjoy the "great" graphics of it you'll need better graphic card than Radeon 9200. Also getting a decent processor would make your game experiense more enjoyable.
    Anyways RAM is NOT the answer for your problems, for some it might help but it's definately won't help everyone.
    =)

Why the hell everyone says that you need over 1 gig of ram to run KO smoothly? =DDDDD
    Let's just say I can run ko with 256mt of ram and I will get ~30 fps in d1 moradon. It's not about the amount of RAM it's about the speed of it. And RAM is not the only thing that makes your computer slow. Your motherboard might be old and shitty so even if you buy new components you wont see huge differences.
    Get a new computer for around 400$ instead of buying shitloads of new components for your old computer.
    You don't even need a good graphic card for ko but if you wanna enjoy the "great" graphics of it you'll need better graphic card than Radeon 9200. Also getting a decent processor would make your game experiense more enjoyable.
    Anyways RAM is NOT the answer for your problems, for some it might help but it's definately won't help everyone.
    =)[/b]
    after re-reading the thread i still didn't see anyone saying that you need 1gig of ram to run ko smoothly...

-RW

You do know that u gotta have atleast 30 fps for a game to run smooth? under 30 its lag..

My comp aint so good anymore either :/
    AMD 64 3500+
    4x1024 DDRII ram
    Asus 7900GS 512mb DDRIII

I got around 100-150fps wherever i am in ko

mammlea2

=)[/b]
    obviously you run ko with 256mb, so u cant make an opinion cos u never tested 1gb ram, or maybe its the other way around, u run ko with 1gig but never tested 256mb

graphic cards > ram > cpu (as long as the cpu is hyperthreading capable)

graphic cards > ram > cpu (as long as the cpu is hyperthreading capable)[/b]

depend what you do with your comp... and what kind of game you play...

rw , were you talking to me?

mammlea2

depend what you do with your comp... and what kind of game you play...
    rw , were you talking to me?[/b]
    is this quake4 forum?, wait no, this is ko4life, meaning Knight Online

Someone thinks he's funny

obviously you run ko with 256mb, so u cant make an opinion cos u never tested 1gb ram, or maybe its the other way around, u run ko with 1gig but never tested 256mb
    graphic cards > ram > cpu (as long as the cpu is hyperthreading capable)[/b]
    Ahaha. Right. I have 1 gig of ram and I just tested playing KO with 256mt of ram and it doesn't affect a shit.
    But my cpu and graphic card are pretty good :P

mammlea2

Ahaha. Right. I have 1 gig of ram and I just tested playing KO with 256mt of ram and it doesn't affect a shit.
    But my cpu and graphic card are pretty good :P[/b]
    relog

o yea he removed his ram without turning off his comp, someone here is a pro !

apoth0r

ram seems to help a lot in this game mate, i'd go grab another gig stick, cheap as chips these days

o yea he removed his ram without turning off his comp, someone here is a pro ![/b]
    Where did I say that I didn't shut down my computer first? o_O
    Anyways it didn't lower my fps too much

Flippy stop being such a leet comp user and get a life :I

IllusionS

Excuse me, but you are wrong.

With a bigger monitor you will (in most of the case atleast) use a higher resolution.
    Higher resolution means (most of the time) higher resolution texture, which means that you will need more memory..[/b]
    God you're clueless.

Different monitors support different resolutions, 1024*768, 1280*1024, etc. It's completely up to the user to pick the resolution they want, and higher resolution doesn't give you high resolution textures. Resolution refers to the number of pixels on the screen, more pixels means a sharper image.

Ram makes a difference in loadtime, and overall performance. If you only have 256mb, and you load say moradon, then EMC, then eslant, then CZ...all the areas are loaded on your PC, making it alot slower. 512 is ideal, where 1gb WILL give best performance. Speed of ram is not important, as long as its at least DDR.

Video card is NOT as important as CPU for a game such as Knight Online. This games graphics are very limited and doesn't use any fancy directx features the newer games and video cards support. As long as the video card is not intergrated, and is something within the last 4 years it will be sufficient. 80% of this game is CPU, 10% ram, 10% video card.

It really bothers me to have people on here actually thinking they understand this stuff, whereas they are completely clueless.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast