Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

A problem with New Moradon?

This is a discussion on A problem with New Moradon? within the General Chat forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; God you're clueless. Different monitors support different resolutions, 1024*768, 1280*1024, etc. It's completely up to the user to pick the ...
Page: 4

Tits or destiny? Senior Member Dark3lf's Avatar

God you're clueless.

Different monitors support different resolutions, 1024*768, 1280*1024, etc. It's completely up to the user to pick the resolution they want, and higher resolution doesn't give you high resolution textures. Resolution refers to the number of pixels on the screen, more pixels means a sharper image.

Ram makes a difference in loadtime, and overall performance. If you only have 256mb, and you load say moradon, then EMC, then eslant, then CZ...all the areas are loaded on your PC, making it alot slower. 512 is ideal, where 1gb WILL give best performance. Speed of ram is not important, as long as its at least DDR.

Video card is NOT as important as CPU for a game such as Knight Online. This games graphics are very limited and doesn't use any fancy directx features the newer games and video cards support. As long as the video card is not intergrated, and is something within the last 4 years it will be sufficient. 80% of this game is CPU, 10% ram, 10% video card.

It really bothers me to have people on here actually thinking they understand this stuff, whereas they are completely clueless.[/b]
    Well the thing is that old (old old old xD) video cards might not support smaller resolutions than 1024x768 so that's why I sad to get newer graphic card.
    And about the cpu usage you're right. My friend just got a "new" computer but he still has his old graphic card and his fps increased by alot.
    Not sure about the amount of ram because I just ran anound the moradon. I'm not gonna argue about it because I didn't go to emc or cz, just logged off.

God you're clueless.

Different monitors support different resolutions, 1024*768, 1280*1024, etc. It's completely up to the user to pick the resolution they want, and higher resolution doesn't give you high resolution textures. Resolution refers to the number of pixels on the screen, more pixels means a sharper image.

Ram makes a difference in loadtime, and overall performance. If you only have 256mb, and you load say moradon, then EMC, then eslant, then CZ...all the areas are loaded on your PC, making it alot slower. 512 is ideal, where 1gb WILL give best performance. Speed of ram is not important, as long as its at least DDR.

Video card is NOT as important as CPU for a game such as Knight Online. This games graphics are very limited and doesn't use any fancy directx features the newer games and video cards support. As long as the video card is not intergrated, and is something within the last 4 years it will be sufficient. 80% of this game is CPU, 10% ram, 10% video card.

It really bothers me to have people on here actually thinking they understand this stuff, whereas they are completely clueless.[/b]
    Whats the point of buying a big monitor if you don't use high resolution? anyway the game texture are DXT (directx texture) which contain inside of it a texture at the higher resolution, one smaller,then another one smaller etc, the game engine will then load the appropriate one considering the distance and the game resolution, therefore yes more ram will be required ...

darkelf, i was talking to the guy who said relog

edit : btw i never said graphic chard was as important as cpu, i said it was important, can't understand the difference?

darkelf, i was talking to the guy who said relog[/b]
    You should've quoted him them because I'm too stupid :lol:

mammlea2

Whats the point of buying a big monitor if you don't use high resolution? anyway the game texture are DXT (directx texture) which contain inside of it a texture at the higher resolution, one smaller,then another one smaller etc, the game engine will then load the appropriate one considering the distance and the game resolution, therefore yes more ram will be required ...
    darkelf, i was talking to the guy who said relog
    edit : btw i never said graphic chard was as important as cpu, i said it was important, can't understand the difference?[/b]
    i said relog not reboot, stop giving me excu ses to flame you, oh wait im having fun with you

RiseAgainst_

Nerd topic :/

i said relog not reboot, stop giving me excu ses to flame you, oh wait im having fun with you[/b]

then what you said make no sence...

he logged out, turned off his comp , removed some ram, then booted it, logged into ko and he get ~ the same amount of fps, and you ask him to relog ? i don't get the point , he just did it... it just doesnt make sence and you loose, sorry.

he logged out, turned off his comp , removed some ram, then booted it, logged into ko and he get ~ the same amount of fps, and you ask him to relog ? i don't get the point , he just did it... it just doesnt make sence and you loose, sorry.[/b]
    This time I have to agree with you. Rofl.

Flippy 1
    mammlea2 0

xD

mammlea2

he logged out, turned off his comp , removed some ram, then booted it, logged into ko and he get ~ the same amount of fps, and you ask him to relog ? i don't get the point , he just did it... it just doesnt make sence and you loose, sorry.[/b]
    God help this guy pls.

Im gonna make a retard guide on how to do this just for you: (I hope you understand)

1.Start ur machine with 256mb ram
    2.Fully Load Ko (time the load)(lets say it took me 2 mins on my laptop)
    3.Exit ko
    4.Load ko again(time the load)(again 2 mins)

5.start ur machine with 1 gig ram
    6.load ko(time ur load)(2 mins again)
    7.exit ko
    8.load ko(time ur load)(10 secs this time woot??)

9. Compare

This is personal experience, so I know what i am talking about.

Now did you understand, or do you want me to explain it with apples and oranges?

IllusionS

mammlea is correct, reloading the game is much faster if you have more memory.

The different quality of textures is set by the CONFIGURATION file, theres low medium and high I believe, this has nothing to do with monitor, and only has to do with RAM and Video card.

God help this guy pls.

Im gonna make a retard guide on how to do this just for you: (I hope you understand)
    1.Start ur machine with 256mb ram
    2.Fully Load Ko (time the load)(lets say it took me 2 mins on my laptop)
    3.Exit ko
    4.Load ko again(time the load)(again 2 mins)
    5.start ur machine with 1 gig ram
    6.load ko(time ur load)(2 mins again)
    7.exit ko
    8.load ko(time ur load)(10 secs this time woot??)

9. Compare

This is personal experience, so I know what i am talking about.

Now did you understand, or do you want me to explain it with apples and oranges?[/b]

a whole guide make more sense than just a "relog", of course.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234