Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

PunkBuster! Coming to a server near you

This is a discussion on PunkBuster! Coming to a server near you within the General Chat forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; YAY BETA SERVER XP X5...
Page: 3

YAY BETA SERVER XP X5

kirky

how do i sign up for the beta??? or has it begun all ready!

Infinitemadness

1 thing you have to realize is, that PB was mainly used for first person shooters. Am I correct? What other mmorpg has it been used on? Not alot. Very few if any. They are going to have to redo some things with the software to make it run smoothly.

The other thing I'd like to point out, the word "hack, or hacking". Is used with any expression of some form of account compromise. Account meaning either K2 as a whole, or individual accounts. Usually "hacking" is some 12 year old snot nosed kid who finds a hack tool on a random site pulled up from google. Thats hacking these days. Thats being a script kiddie. When you can use the coding and create your own, and know K2's code for Ko and can write a program, and can do everything that the other programs can do. Thats some hacking skills. However, the point that Im getting at is, those people that can actually hack like that are few and far between, and for the most part dont usually share there skills without a price. Hence KOSP wasnt free at first. But if PB can block out even 90% of the "script kiddies" that are plagueing our servers now, I think that would be a huge lift off the shoulders of K2. And I truly feel thats what it will do for us.

Some say blah bs this bs that. And CS has been out for what 7,8,9 years? Or so? KO for K2 has been out for going out for 2 years. The coding for Cs is so kindergarten compared to KO it's not even funny. So yeah no wonder why there are so many cheats and such on Counter strike and some of these other games. It is stripped down coding to the bare minium for a game. KO has a shell, it has some guts, and I think it's going to prove alot of you incorrect. But thats my opinion.

R1sk

nice.i hope it ll work good.

hackshield failed to block any major hacks, and it could be bypassed easily and stopped from updating itself. All it achieved was screwing over legit players since it drops so many packets making skills fail more. good riddance. i know PB is a pretty decent program from when i played quake3.

WARP

C-D[Cheating-Death] got over PB when i played CS.

FatM4n

I really hope this punkbuster stops all hackings and dupes

R34P3R_Magikz

PB's 1st MMORPG From the looks? ;ets see how well it go's

Samson

Originally posted by THEAXE
    Pb is 100 times better than hs

pb gobal bans ha there is no way a gm can un ban hacker it works off your m/b video cards id and only pb can unban u so who cares if u swap ips u will need a new comp (look out for heaps of m/b and video cards on ebay)

player id tags as in most pb games u just brings down console ~ and type pb_plist it will show who that person is on all 3 chars so u will know who u r dealing with

yes pb is has been crack a few times and it has some bugs ps.unkown guild key btw *
    easy to setup a data base of players guild number and if they r banned *
    they only people who r worried about pb will be the hackers *

pb is easy to update for all known hacks just send them to evenbalance
    and look forward if ke does introduce pb
    http://www.mpcforum.com/showthread.php?t=126045
    http://www.mpcforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=157

There are many ways to get past a hardware ban and to get past PB. PB isn't that great.

Originally posted by WARP
    cs is vac protected not pb......

Infinitemadness

Originally posted by Hydr0+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Hydr0)</div>
    <!--QuoteBegin-WARP
    cs is vac protected not pb......[/b]

Vac is "Valve Anti Cheat", which is steams answer to what CS used to use, PB better known as Punk Buster. Punk Buster was CS's first anti cheat, and to me it was pretty good. But again, going back to what I was saying, there were literally new cheat progs every other day. You can google "cs cheat prog" and have thousands of pages of choices. Try doing that with KO. Very few. So few in fact that most of the search came up with cheat, prog, us, ko, etc... And it was garbage not even pertaining to the search.

bleaF

I think the Battlefield games uses Punk buster, and Americas Army...

susGe

Lol punk buster.

Banned Senior Member

I look forward to it, better then HS

Originally posted by Infinitemadness+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Infinitemadness)</div>
    Originally posted by Hydr0@
    <!--QuoteBegin-WARP

cs is vac protected not pb......

Vac is "Valve Anti Cheat", which is steams answer to what CS used to use, PB better known as Punk Buster. Punk Buster was CS's first anti cheat, and to me it was pretty good. But again, going back to what I was saying, there were literally new cheat progs every other day. You can google "cs cheat prog" and have thousands of pages of choices. Try doing that with KO. Very few. So few in fact that most of the search came up with cheat, prog, us, ko, etc... And it was garbage not even pertaining to the search.[/b]
    could be dunno just started playen cs lately i play joint ops and it was pb protected althought there was cheats not many

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast