Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

question about mages

This is a discussion on question about mages within the General Chat forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; since i dont know alot about defensive uniques i need your help. im gonna trade my char for a mage ...
Page: 1

infected

Default question about mages

since i dont know alot about defensive uniques i need your help.
    im gonna trade my char for a mage soon and lvl it up till 65 as a paper, but when i'll finish doing that (few years but well those harpys are waiting for me) im gonna be a defensive mage.

now : i dont need opinions about builds cuz i know what im planning on, but i need to know alittle about defensive uniques. [gives u hp ac] etc etc.
    i REALLY have no idea what is the best for mages.

~p.s - dont make this thread to be like those threads
    "oh no prob manz0r u just need an ıron neck, ıron belt, chıtın shıeld for those hard fıghts and you are set!"

bull

honestly, anything with AC and HP on it

shiftypoo

earrings - secret silvers or warrior earrings
    neck- iron neck / ep
    belt- iron/glass belt or kekuri belt if cant afford those
    rings-rom/roc/rol or ruby rings if cant afford those

goodluck

Mental_Anguish

Amulet of Goddess pretty decent, mage earrings, crystal earrings, and complete armor head to toe with HP of course. There were other great suggestions in other posts before mine, just wanted to drop a few more "practical" ideas.

Erian

I would say try the crystal built if you are gonna be a int mage. With crystal build you have way more hp and ok ac, beside if you are a defensive mage you'll be using mostly defensive gear such as ax gaunt,boot, spear defence and dd helm and they're crystal. If you are crimson or complete you'll lose the ac anyway and tos of hp. With the crystal build you can make up for the hp you lost with the extra point into hp and probrally gob pad and stuff like that. But try what you want.

Where the time goes fast, but everything is slow

Go as complete mage/crimson+8 . Elixir+8 (a must have). Lightning mage.
    180-190 int , enought mp to use the elixir+8, rest in hp.
    If you dont have much money, you can make a cheap build of uniques, but helps:
    2x bronze earing
    2xagate ring / ruby ring
    kek belt
    Dagger def helmet is crucial, keep a spear helmet in hands too. Use lots of talias (spear/fire).
    And be fast changing the def gear.

Playing properly is good too, dont forget that u are not a warrior......dont leeroy too much if you dont trust your healer.

Erian

Originally posted by Gollum
    Go as complete mage/crimson+8 . Elixir+8 (a must have). Lightning mage.
    180-190 int , enought mp to use the elixir+8, rest in hp.
    If you dont have much money, you can make a cheap build of uniques, but helps:
    2x bronze earing
    2xagate ring / ruby ring
    kek belt
    Dagger def helmet is crucial, keep a spear helmet in hands too. Use lots of talias (spear/fire).
    And be fast changing the def gear.

Playing properly is good too, dont forget that u are not a warrior......dont leeroy too much if you dont trust your healer.
    The thing with going complete/crimson is that if you're a mage in the party people will always go for you so you end up using mostly defensive gear. You're gonna be switching 3 parts - helmet,boot,and gaunt, = losing the hp and tons of defence from crimson/complete. About the 180-190 int,
    I i think it would be better to put that into hp because what's the point of stunning if you drop like a fly. Paper mage that went fire/light still stun like crazy so int may not be what is in effect of stun rate.

infected

leeroy as a defensive mage? :rollseyes:
    "leeroyyyyy ~static nova~ omg 400 dmg !"
    im not expecting my name to be written in those yellow thingys, im intrested in helping my party, and trying not to die alot like paper mages, selam

Where the time goes fast, but everything is slow

Originally posted by infected
    leeroy as a defensive mage? *:rollseyes: *
    "leeroyyyyy ~static nova~ omg 400 dmg !"
    im not expecting my name to be written in those yellow thingys, im intrested in helping my party, and trying not to die alot like paper mages, selam
    I meant rushing people with charged blade lol ......... not run to nova them .
    About the crystal built, i never tryed that. But crimson type always worked fine for me. I think that depends on how do you play, and get adapted to the build you are using.

Rentzusuken

For INT, 170 was quite effective, but who cares? He has already stated he knows what build he wants, so quit giving unwanted advice and concentrate on the information he requested.

These are my opinions on "value" accessories:

Earrings: A decent earring which shouldn't be "too" expensive is a white-silver earring. You get 20AC, 5HP, and 5INT bonus. Bronze earrings and agate earrings will give you moderate ac/hp bonuses.

Necklace: You have a good chance of getting an EP off of Attila compared to getting an IN off of SQ, so I'd probably try to pick one of those up. I used a lycaon pendant for quite some time and although it had no HP, it served it's purpose in a time where mages began to storm the pathway to the bowl. Amulet of Goddess or Green Dragon Amulet will give some nice hp/mana bonuses.

Rings: Ruby Rings are the best non-bowl drops as far as hp/ac balance. A pair will net you 300HP+ and 30AC. Agate rings aren't that bad either, but have lower defense, 5AC each if I remember correctly.

Belt: Kekuri belt is one of the best value belts. Fire resistance is good, 30 ac is good, and 30% dodge rate isn't too shabby either. You may find a bronze belt, which is similar to an iron belt but with only 20 def and 5 to each weapon, but I'd recommend the kekuri instead of a 5% reduction because the higher ac and dodge rate on it should make up for that, and kek belt is more easily accessible.

infected

thx Rentzusuken for ur advice, and btw getting ingame money for Iron belt is possible but i dont think i would EVER find a seller.
    but the other items you mentioned i believe i can find, and i hope to have enough money to have a good build and good uniques at the same time.

btw, what is the best way of earning money as a mage?

Rentzusuken

If the mage is your primary or only character, the easiest way to make money is buying/reselling on the market and upgrading. A level 61+ mage can solo golem pulls and get chitins and decent weapons to upgrade; get plenty of MD's from harpies, glaves from troll parties, etc. You can make paper armors relatively cheap and sell them for enough profit to start a cycle and give yourself some extra cash to upgrade/invest otherwise.

Protoss Arbiter Senior Member

Originally posted by infected
    thx Rentzusuken for ur advice, and btw getting ingame money for Iron belt is possible but i dont think i would EVER find a seller.
    but the other items you mentioned i believe i can find, and i hope to have enough money to have a good build and good uniques at the same time.

btw, what is the best way of earning money as a mage?
    AOE Dark Mare.

Cava

oh no prob manz0r u just need an ıron neck, ıron belt, chıtın shıeld for those hard fıghts and you are set!

infected

Originally posted by Cava
    oh no prob manz0r u just need an ıron neck, ıron belt, chıtın shıeld for those hard fıghts and you are set!
    bıtch !

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast