Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

A question regarding boss-hunting morality

This is a discussion on A question regarding boss-hunting morality within the General Chat forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; LOL - this happened like 2 days ago to my clan. We find TK - debuff it with massive etc, ...
Page: 2

BigWoody

LOL - this happened like 2 days ago to my clan.

We find TK - debuff it with massive etc, bind it and start hittin - a warrior(70) and rogue decide they can out hit me(which they could easy - my ap is only 2515) - so they start in.
    I stopped and the TK whacks shit out of the warrior - who craps himself and puts on cs, pots and gets minor from rogue - his healer turns up later on and they take TK.
    No doubts that they could not have started unless my clan debuffed it first.

I dont care about not gettin TK

Its more dissapointing to find players you respected and showed respect to - in the end turn out to be the same as all the rest.

At least we know where we stand

morax

Thats just dumb if someone has already debuffed it etc then you couldnt take it in the first place... bloody pointless.

And i agree - what goes around comes around

0_0destiny

Default Just suggesting

Lure another mob and kill the fuker

then finished off the last bit of the talos after the fuker done some work for you

easy

lol

No such thing as morality in the game

It's just a game anyway

But I never try this way before

Jubilex

When I played in Diez human side one of the only clans that never ks'd a boss was Tormentors, and for that they earned my respect. Ksing bosses occurs all the time and sadly it appears to be part of the game, spoils to the strongest & all that. I agree with Wagy that it would be nice to have a set of moral standards that everyone adheres to but in the end how a clan behaves will determine the level of respect they earn in the game (if they actually give a damn).

pffff clan tanker killing tk and died when its down to 1/20 hp and sum fuking ayasofia guy came and killed it with last blow....since tanker died our hits expires....the ayasofia fag got the drop without breaking a sweat....IS THAT MORAL????!? :angry:

I know Morax's point also yours Adis, I just don't like to do it...NO can kill loads of bosses, does it mean we shouldn't let "weaker" clans not to grow stronger? They also fight against orcs...

I measure my lvls,items,skills at cz rather than showing overpower towards own nation...it's like I should go center of town to show that I have a hung of a horse, rather than show it certain ladies in bedroom :P

Mental_Anguish

Atleast give the guy a chance to kill it. If he is making slow progress, take it, but if it looks like he will get it, let him / her be. Its just rude. However, there are entirely too many lvl 60 warriors that think they can take shit like that, they're wrong, dead wrong, literally. Let the boss kill them 1st, more entertainment.

Mental_Anguish

Originally posted by ilovesex
    pffff clan tanker killing tk and died when its down to 1/20 hp and sum fuking ayasofia guy came and killed it with last blow....since tanker died our hits expires....the ayasofia fag got the drop without breaking a sweat....IS THAT MORAL????!? :angry:
    Shit happens, maybe keep clan tanker alive longer ?

Sabao

Now u can wonder in your mind why Finnish national police was elected most unbribable organization on EU in 2005
    thats cuz is so cold there that thiefs dont go out of theire homes h43r:

Originally posted by wagyar
    I know Morax's point also yours Adis, I just don't like to do it...NO can kill loads of bosses, does it mean we shouldn't let "weaker" clans not to grow stronger? They also fight against orcs...

I measure my lvls,items,skills at cz rather than showing overpower towards own nation...it's like I should go center of town to show that I have a hung of a horse, rather than show it certain ladies in bedroom *:P
    Good old waggy xD

I love your modest use of English idioms ^^

I definitely agree with leaving space for empathy and understanding for lower/weaker players. They can't cry however if they get overpowered because another player is striving to earn the same item they hope to in a competitive manner. Hell, Talos is a big guy he can handle 2 orcs/humans xD.

Ladies can't escape your far shot

Yun_Yuuzhan

Originally posted by morax
    Damn right id attack it * *

Battle of the fittest - i wouldnt lure on his healers or anything dumb but if i thought that me and my warrior could get the box id get him to attack it. If you have done more levelling - your stronger and talos drops iron belts... end of story

As long as you dont try luring and getting the other person killed i dont see a problem.
    "It's all well and good to have the strength of a giant, but it is tyranny to use it like one."

Each and every day I dislike more and more what this game has turned in to.

HeyJude

m2

CrnaC

ok...i read some of it (not second page), and I just want to say something to remember every1 who read this topic/forum and who play this game.

First of all...existing of moral is big question, but only ppl who play this game for a very long time can remember the time when was active GM's who was wondering on map/server and punish ppl who was KSing. So...moral in KO existed before. There was some group of ppl who tell us what is KSing, and they make original rules, which WE ALL use!
    In that time, any1 can come to GM and tell him: "we are killing...apos...we started first, and some other party KS us...". GM will come and investigate that, and...in case of thruth, at least party leader of KSing party will being banned for 3 days.
    That was moral. Before. (Funny that Morax (moderator of this forum) don't know that)
    Now...because there is no GM, any1 can KS and even say that KS is good thing.

In case of HeyJude...look it thru logic: U can't kill Talos without massiver. So...that warrior (63 lvl) spent some time to find massiver who will duff boss and heal him...and...he (as 63 lvl) need 1 more healer to survive...so...he spent even more time to find them.
    Now...some 70 lvl start to KS just because he see that he is stronger then warrior.

That is very stupid. Why?

First...maybe he is stronger than warrior, but he is not stronger than 3man party (warrior, and 2 priest who heal warrior).
    Second...imagine that massiver don't duff Talos...(I like to see when stupid_70 lvl get exped )

Ok...now look other situation...I was playing with my (now blocked) 62 lvl rogue, as asin, and Teoman_167 was 64-65 lvl with much better gear than it was mine. It was around 10-11AM (GMT+1) (so...very few ppl on server). He find priests to heal him (he have 4-5 priests), and he go and reskill him in archer (just to kill TK).
    So...I have 1300 ap and 2 drain (10% and 5%), and he have ~1600 ap. He have 4-5 healers, and I have one (and chance to run into his healers :P).
    So...he die many times...i think 3-4 trying to get that TK...if I was ksing...maybe I will get drop just by KSing.
    (Now somebody will say that he always can stop atacking and I will be death, but...he knows that I will run into his healers and very possible they will be death and I will survive, so he didn't stop atacking). Finnaly...he kill him, and told me in PM: ty for not ksing, respect that.

He come first! He have better party! He kill him.
    Moral is very important!!
    And Wagy have right: "when moral dies from game then u start accepting other shit too".

p.s.: And Puzjel have right: "i'm waiting till tanker die then i attack. He had chance...".

firem

Originally posted by wagyar
    Now u can wonder in your mind why Finnish national police was elected most unbribable organization on EU in 2005 *:lol:
    half a bottle of booze and ull make 100kg of cocain dissapear waggy.. u know its true

iviysterie

Our clan guidelines are to not ks bosses, nor mobs, and do not lure on anyone doing bosses, what goes around comes around.

The only exception to the rule is Atilla--he is fair game for everyone based on his low level and the mass amount of people that camp him.

I guess it depends on your own integrity and what reputation you care to have.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast