Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Questions for the Producer!

This is a discussion on Questions for the Producer! within the General Chat forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; Greetings Knight Online Players! With the new expansion, announcement of a new world being released, and the holiday season fast ...
Page: 1

Red face

Greetings Knight Online Players!

With the new expansion, announcement of a new world being released, and the holiday season fast approaching, the Knight Online Team thought it would be a great idea to have the Producer of Knight Online answer some of the questions that are frequently being asked. Hopefully this little Q&A will be able to answer some of your questions!

Q: So I've heard that a 13th world is being released. When will this happen?

- We are planning to release it very soon. Our two latest servers, Ronark and Girakon, have been very popular so we know our fans want it as soon as possible!

Q: It seems that there aren't as many people on the 3rd server of each world. Are you going to be doing anything to help balance the servers?

- We really want to keep our game balanced and vibrant. To complement this while adding another world, we are moving from 3 to 2 servers per world. That way we are giving the Knight Online community what they want, while at the same time we are keeping the numbers balanced and primed for PVP!

Q: Will you be releasing other worlds soon?

- Not at this time, but we will listen to what the community wants. We are very excited about 2008!

Q: Certain in-game events are disabled at this time. Why did this happen?

- The Forgotten Temple is currently off-line as we are working out the kinks to ensure the event can smoothly and fairly. This should be the only event not working right now and we should have it up and running in the near future.

Q: Your server maintenance times are always on Tuesdays from 3:00PM to 7:00PM PDT. Can't you just change it to midnight PDT or later?

- Our maintenance time is scheduled based on when the fewest people are playing and on a day that is the least busy. Obviously, there is never a good time to bring the servers down, but we have to do this to fix technical issues and reset our servers. Otherwise, we could run into a technical problem during the weekend or some time when the most people are playing. We have a great technical group here and we are always striving to bring the servers back up as quickly as possible.

Q: The Border Defense Wars and Juraid Mountain Raid event times are in the early morning and afternoon in the U.S. I don't get off of work until 6:00PM. Are there plans to add a 3rd schedule to accommodate us?

- Yes, we are currently looking into expanding our event schedule. We want to accommodate as many time zones as possible, so please be vocal in the forums on certain events and times. The more there is an interest, the better chance we have of making this happen.

Q: I like to share my account with my friend to help my character level. Why is this against your Terms of Service?

- The game was designed for one player to have ownership over their account. This ensures that the account is not being used inappropriately and in turn, no one is hurt by this sharing. I recommend everyone own their own account, their own characters and do not share your information with anyone! This way, you know you have complete control of your character. I would never share my 1979 Pontiac Trans Am. If I did, I run the risk of someone crashing my car!

Q: Will the Knight Online Team be adding new items to help customize my character in the near future?

- YES! We currently are developing new items to be found in-game and within the cash shop. Keep checking back at www.knightonlineworld.com for new items and new special offers on some of our classic items as well!

Q: Are there plans to add new PvP maps for us to fight on?

- This is something we have been meeting about and we are currently planning to have something hopefully released with a big patch or expansion next year.

Q: I really don't understand a lot of changes that were made in the "Moradon: The Resurrection" expansion. Are you going to release a guide to help explain these new features in detail?

- "Moradon: The Resurrection" is a great expansion, loaded with new content! However, as with all updates to an existing area, there will be some time needed to re-orient yourself to your surroundings. If you have any questions regarding the Expansion check out this Forums section HERE. We are also happy to announce that an Expansion guide is coming soon to aid you in your new adventures!

Thanks!

- Theodoric, Producer.

Also can be found @ http://www.knightonlineworld.com/news.php?...296223604708869

atleast most things were answered and they show they do care about the income of money ( 3 to 2 servers) and about what players want.

atleast most things were answered and they show they do care about the income of money ( 3 to 2 servers) and about what players want.[/b]
    i can bet they are getting rid of all of the 3rd servers to force people to prem, they know alot of people wont be able to get on if there are only 2 servers, then they will buy prem to get in.. its a business they are going to do what ever they can to keep there profits growing. Even if it means fucking over players who are trying to play for free.

atleast most things were answered and they show they do care about the income of money ( 3 to 2 servers) and about what players want.[/b]
    Yep and some info on the 13th World..Which we all knew about before.

Ainelover

Wow u people first bitched ur servers was empty, now when they r fixing it u complain that they are only after money, zzzz

anyways i love how he owned the guy who gives question

- The game was designed for one player to have ownership over their account. This ensures that the account is not being used inappropriately and in turn, no one is hurt by this sharing. I recommend everyone own their own account, their own characters and do not share your information with anyone! This way, you know you have complete control of your character. I would never share my 1979 Pontiac Trans Am. If I did, I run the risk of someone crashing my car![/b]

halarious and so true

Where the time goes fast, but everything is slow

he looks like a bot answering the stuff ^^

2 servers = less bosses .......... will they raise the drop rate =)

Banned

LOl ..k2 is funny..well cant till new server..and hope new iteams that dont copy jpko lol ><

RiseAgainst_

Dude.. having 2 ser vers doesnt fixes shit.

1st) we will have less drops zzz.. (1 eslant less to boss run :angry: )

2nd) with the addition of the new server, people from all the servers will go to that new one.. and the elimination of the 3rd world in each server wont help much. So.. all the noobs that play the 3rd server will come m1 and m2.. less exp spots and i dont think those noobs that are in the server 3 will help much to have an active CZ going on.

My point is they are just making less room to have people pay more premium but it wont help on having more active/fun servers, cuz the people will still leave to the new one THEREFORE NEW SERVER = THE SERVERS POPULATION WILL DECREASE AND THEY WILL BE MORE BORING.

:angry:

Where the time goes fast, but everything is slow

1 less server = ks on the other 2

tamachan

i can bet they are getting rid of all of the 3rd servers to force people to prem, they know alot of people wont be able to get on if there are only 2 servers, then they will buy prem to get in.. its a business they are going to do what ever they can to keep there profits growing. Even if it means fucking over players who are trying to play for free.[/b]
    Not true :P pathos is emptier than before because each new world comes out about 50-150 leaves? but then again... Deleting 3rd server because not much players are on is fking stupid, cant they just expand the server capacity so that non premium can also enjoy knightonline?

New PvP zones and new items.
    Sexy h34r:

Boyce

hmmmm

jimfujitsu

ZZZZ the servers wont be more populated in the areas that counts if they remove servers . Nobody cares about the noobs playing on servers 3 , those are not the people who go cz or wars so no improvement there . It&#39;s just a money move and it shows they don&#39;t care about the people at all , since servers 3 were often used for boss hunts and xp-ing purposes , even by premium users . This will only worsen the game experience for premium users and kill it for non-prems .

Wow u people first bitched ur servers was empty, now when they r fixing it u complain that they are only after money, zzzz
    anyways i love how he owned the guy who gives question
    halarious and so true [/b]
    Lol you mad stupid.

Getting rid of the 3rd server in each world won&#39;t do shit. Just means less bosses and less xp spots.. But most of all it means EVERYONE will need to buy premium, so those non prem people will have an even harder time to get in

Lol you mad stupid.

Getting rid of the 3rd server in each world won&#39;t do shit. Just means less bosses and less xp spots.. But most of all it means EVERYONE will need to buy premium, so those non prem people will have an even harder time to get in[/b]
    Exactly

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast