Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Questions for the Producer!

This is a discussion on Questions for the Producer! within the General Chat forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; how come he hasnt answered anything? or he answers on the last day?...
Page: 2

lil_mageskillz

how come he hasnt answered anything? or he answers on the last day?

EvilAtomicFrog

how come he hasnt answered anything? or he answers on the last day?[/b]
    He's going to start answering on the 30 Th

Preztel

As he saids right here you can see :

- lironzz
    You can start posting the questions today. The reply to the questions will be put up after September 30th.[/b]
    So I just hope he wont do the same thing as last year.

Banned

He's going to start answering on the 30 Th[/b]
    ...and its k2! mabye start anwsering before christmas if youre luckey.

some of the questions is about bugs before i even started to play and still not fixed lol.

i woundering why they dosn´t care more about the players while other games care about their players.

Hustlin' Senior Member kgllegend's Avatar

Ty for telling me this (:

Ignore Me Senior Member

As he saids right here you can see :
    So I just hope he wont do the same thing as last year.[/b]
    Its not that bad if you ignore sham.
    1. Write answers first.
    2. Invite questions.
    3. Try to match up.
    Linus did a good job - K2 already knows.

Dro
    As hot sauce on your taco Senior Member

My postive side says:
    Nice, K2 is actually gonna listen to their customers.

My negative side is:
    This is just a scam, the questions choosen will be made by K2 and the whole community input will be just to make them feel as if they have any saying on the matter.

the solution will be:
    Pay more and we will try (maybe) make better support (more various automatic answers)...

Ignore Me Senior Member

He just replied to some questions on the official forum here it is for people who dont read there.

Hi everybody. Knight Online Producer The Castellan here. I've been going through the thread and so far, there seems to be a lot of repeat questions. So what I'll do is pick out the ones that reoccur and address them first. So here goes!

Regarding the Expansion
    When will we see the Beta? We're planning on beginning the beta during the first half of October.
    What will be in the expansion? All kinds of great stuff. Magicians can summon mini-Felankors now. New zones and a smattering of new bosses, including the big-daddy of all bosses, Krowaz. New constructable armor. Weapons that have cool effects like shrinking enemies or turning them into members of the undead. There's one that actually turns your enemy into a Kaul, and armor that makes the wearer immune to elemental and/or magic weapons for a time.

A new PvP zone, and a new adventure zone.

Oh, and level 83, of course.

There'll be more information as we get closer to the release date.

Why aren't there more GMs? There are at least 8 more coming in the next few weeks, with more afterwards. Really, though, we're striving towards a system that negates the need to "find" a GM online anyway; sort of like a hybrid between sending a ticket and PMing a GM. That won't be happening right away, but it's a goal. We want you to be able to get a hold of a member of the team whenever you need to.

Why does CS always respond with auto-replies? Think about this. When someone walks up to you and says "How's it goin'?" what do you say? Probably one of maybe two pre-programmed responses. "It's going good, how are you?" if you're feeling normal, or "Eh, it's goin'" if you're feeling bad. You don't sit and try to concoct a new response for this every time you get asked it because it happens on a daily basis, multiple times per day. Same thing with CS. They value efficiency so they can get you helped as quickly as possible. If they sat and thought of something new each time, it would take much longer to handle tickets.

But they sound like robots. Maybe they do. We're currently in the process of reviewing just how CS responds and seeing in what ways we can change it up. Your old pal Linus is working with them to make their responses, as he puts it, "less lame."

When is Bifrost coming back? With the expansion!

Why don't you get rid of X-trap! Good idea. We'll get rid of it with the expansion.

Are rogues going to get a minor cooldown? We don't have anything on our end that would hint at a minor cooldown for rogues on our version of KO, but we all know that Korean KO has it and they're quite a ways ahead of us in terms of patches. I know how much nobody here wants it and this message will be conveyed, but ultimately it comes down to what the developer wants to do with their game. If they think that minor having no cooldown unbalances the game, it will have to be changed.

Why does Mgame take so long to do things? For one thing, they have to make sure that everything they do can be implemented across the board in all versions of KO. Things also take time to translate. And here's the biggie: they don't really have as many cheaters on Korean KO. Their players have to enter their social security number in order to register. This alone has a drastic impact on whether or not cheaters can abuse the game, meaning the developer is somewhat insulated from bugs and hacks. We have to reproduce everything in house here, then come up with step by step method for performing it on their end. This then has to be translated into Korean and sent over.

What are you doing about the illegal +10s on all servers? We're checking them out and performing any action that might be necessary.

What are you doing about the archer disconnect issue? We've been examining it, but it's somewhat slow going because even though there are claims about it happening to everyone, it hasn't been happening here. Ever.

Can you please make a new PK zone for under level 70? Ok. It'll come in the new expansion. It'll be called "Ronark Land Base."

Why don't you sell the game to Blizzard! Because we want the PvP to actually be fun.

Why haven't you brought back Character Delete yet you sell the Cypher Ring! Why should we pay $55 to delete our characters? You shouldn't. The Cypher Ring is not character delete. If you want to delete a character, please don't buy it. It's not for that. Character Delete will most likely not return. Why? Because too many Knight Online players insist on sharing accounts and they end up being compromised. We can't force you not to do that. People are going to continue sharing accounts regardless of the risks, and they will keep getting "hacked" or "scammed" by guys who they thought they could trust. That, or the guy playing their account had a keylogger or a trojan or any number of things that you're no longer in control of because you let him play your account on his computer. The only thing we can do is try to protect you. Not allowing character deletion is part of that.

Will you please switch back to Knight Cash? Ok, sounds good. Does November first work for you?

Will you please run more GM events? I don't think this is a good idea, though you're welcome to debate. More types of GM events? Yes. But more events overall lessen the impact of a good GM event.

What will we do to make old players happy?
    As you just saw recently, we released the long-term premiums. This actually takes money out of our pockets, but we're hoping for good results because it rewards players who stick with us in the long term. If you're buying premium anyway during those 3 or 6 months, you get it at a discount, and you get potions as well. We're also working on a special system designed to take into account how long you've been playing KO, with extra attention given to those who have been so kind as to pay us money over the months. We plan to recognize this and reward you for your loyalty. Gamersfirst, right?

Additionally, we're releasing an entire awesome expansion for free.

How soon can you expect to see Trina's/Tears/Etc purchasable by credit card? This will be very soon. As in possibly next week soon. We had to take them out because credit cards are not the most secure payment method out there, while ESN codes are. We've got a new system in place that should make everybody happy and allow us to turn credit cards back on for these.

By the way, you can currently buy ESN codes for these items online at Shattered Crystal; PlaySpan megastore is opening on October 6th and they will also be selling ESN codes for everything you can buy.

Do you care about players? Yes.

Why don't you make it so we can contact GMs through a ticketing / live chat process? We plan to replace the current CS and GM interaction process with a system akin to this. No more looking for GMs, no more being told to submit tickets; one big process that you can use any time, on any server. There's no ETA on this at the moment, however.

Why are you disabling so many features? Bifrost was disabled by the developer because it was just prone to cheating too much. They took it out so they could retool it and bring it back, which it is, with the expansion. Same thing with Captain Cougar; he'll be back with the expansion. If you remember, we had BDW and Juraid disabled for about two days while we fixed those and brought them back right away. Hellsgarem, on the other hand, is not disabled, we've just had better ways to spend those days. I don't anticipate it will be back during October either, but that's OK because you'll all be too busy gearing up for the expansion by then.

Are you planning to merge any servers? No way.

Why don't you do item restorations or rollbacks on hacked characters? The security of your account is your responsibility. When you get hacked, you now offload that responsibility onto many other people. We will absolutely do what we can to try and help out in whatever form or fashion, and if there's a chance, but in most cases the hackers makes off with your items and sells them in the market.

At that point we have three choices: Choice number one is two remove the items from all the people that bought them from the hacker. Now they've all been punished because of your lack of account security. Choice number two is to leave all the items out there and generate more. This is a terrible idea. If we did that, getting "hacked" could mean giving all your items to friends and sending in a ticket. You'd get your items back and they'd still have the ones you gave away; instant, K2-sponsored dupe. So no, that isn't happening. Choice number three is returning your account to a secure status by changing the password, emails, and secret questions, giving you gear that will get you back up and running, and telling you to be more careful.

Improvements are being made to ensure account safety. There are a couple of cool things we're working on that will make it so even if you do get a trojan or a keylogger it'll make your account harder to crack. Account security, however, starts with you, and everything in the world we do won't protect you if you're wantonly sharing your account and visiting bad sites.

Why can't free2play users beta test Forgotten Frontiers?!
    - Free2play users will get the whole expansion for free without having to go through the drudgery of testing it. How about that? We will never, ever not give preference to people who pay us. Free2play users would not have a game if not for the people that do pay. There is no free2play electricity bill, no free2play internet bill, and hard working employees like GMs and server technicians who get up in the middle of the night to work on servers do not do it for free, because supermarkets are not free2eat and gas stations are not free2fill up. Premium users provide everyone with a unique opportunity to play this game at whatever price they want to pay, even if that price is free, and I don't really think that that should be offensive to you.
    The expansion has something you'll really like: Mission Quests. More on that later! Also, you get experience for winning in the new PvP zone.

That's all for now. Keep checking back; I'll answer as many as I can.[/b]

lil_mageskillz

He just replied to some questions on the official forum here it is for people who dont read there.[/b]
    people keep saying this game is bad. look at all the cool stuff they putting in. better support and everything.

PFC Senior Member

BF back hope they do smt about the wallhack

tommyleonghk

What will be in the expansion? All kinds of great stuff. Magicians can summon mini-Felankors now. New zones and a smattering of new bosses, including the big-daddy of all bosses, Krowaz. New constructable armor. There is no free2play electricity bill, no free2play internet bill, and hard working employees like GMs and server technicians who get up in the middle of the night to work on servers do not do it for free, because supermarkets are not free2eat and gas stations are not free2fill up.

and this 1 too

lil_mageskillz

What will be in the expansion? All kinds of great stuff. Magicians can summon mini-Felankors now. New zones and a smattering of new bosses, including the big-daddy of all bosses, Krowaz. New constructable armor. There is no free2play electricity bill, no free2play internet bill, and hard working employees like GMs and server technicians who get up in the middle of the night to work on servers do not do it for free, because supermarkets are not free2eat and gas stations are not free2fill up.

and this 1 too [/b]

this is the finniest one

Why don't you get rid of X-trap! Good idea. We'll get rid of it with the expansion.

looking forward to the expansion except the thing he said about elemental attacks, people can get immunity? Wtg nerf mages I wait I play one :[

Banned
    Boston Mass aka Murder Mass . . . . ';-] . . . Server: ares best server Clan: BuDDaH grade: [1] Clan Rank:43 gg clan Character: BuDDaH

Exclamation

Back on track... if u have any questions for the producer why not discuss them here...[/b]
    good point ';-]

My postive side says:
    Nice, K2 is actually gonna listen to their customers.

My negative side is:
    This is just a scam, the questions choosen will be made by K2 and the whole community input will be just to make them feel as if they have any saying on the matter.[/b]
    thats true

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast