Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Account sharing

This is a discussion on Account sharing within the General Chat forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; So, I was reading a topic about a former clan member, and then I went to the in-game request, which ...
Page: 1

Judas Iscariot

So, I was reading a topic about a former clan member, and then I went to the in-game request, which I never do...

Account sharing has been the new trend since rofd came out. Back in KO and KE only few players shared accounts openly, and most did their best to reach the level cap with their own power (or just leeched a lot/rebelde20 anyone? lol...).
    Now people get two, three, sometimes even whole cafes on one account, and all those people put their effort into one char.

After reading said topic, a few questions came up, and I'd like to see what the community thinks:

Does or should the original creator of the account have more "power" over account decisions than the other sharers?
    What if the new sharer puts more effort than the owner?
    Should the sharer receive some sort of compensation for his efforts should the owner decide something that the other users are against?
    Is "sharing" even a good concept for this game?
    What about all those people looking for sharers just to fuck them over, is it the same as scamming?

Personally the only thing I have to say is, if you fuck over your sharer, specially after he puts on levels, then you deserve to get fucked over at least three times :angry:

Oh and shoutout to old diez Seraph members, banned or otherwise :lol:

Banned

dont share , its wrecked my past on akara server , and taken away alot from me ..... luckily i left with the items on my back :angry:

IronImpact

share is a good , but alot of ppl sharing with scammers .. etc . w/o trustability topic , dont know him . etc .

NaidenZ

share is the best thing anyone can do , the problem is get a good sharer
    I'm sharing with mbz/bola , actually he lives on Peru and I'm living in Spain...
    we both xp, pk, whatever we want and it's 50% he and 50% me
    doesn't matter who makes the account.

and depends how you deal with your sharer from the start so later there will be no problems

Question everything. Senior Member josri's Avatar

I'm sharing with mbz/bola , actually he lives on Peru and I'm living in Spain...

and depends how you deal with your sharer from the start so later there will be no problems[/b]
    +1 to this.

Some people xp 24/7 and others cant so they need sharers to keep up.

Havoc

I say that your character is yours and you shouldn't share it with other people since you could get scammed or hacked. Also since it's your character, it is your game to play on it and not others to play it for you or it's not really yours.

But if you really don't care about that stuff and want hardcore levels ----gogo----->> sharer

koyo

well im sharing with a guy atm and im not the owner of the account but i xp way way more than him and i got told that my compensation for the xp was to be able to play the account xD

Question everything. Senior Member josri's Avatar

well im sharing with a guy atm and im not the owner of the account but i xp way way more than him and i got told that my compensation for the xp was to be able to play the account xD[/b]
    If it isn't 50/50 I would make my own account cus if he fucks over you feel bad and you got nothing. Make ur own 1 and after ur done with ko u can sell it n keep the money.

Hey cutie Senior Member

Its a good concept for people who want to play for more but cannot do so due to other commitments, so as to gain back lost time, they employ a sharer who plays the account to exp.

This goes two ways because the main reason anyone wants to exp is because their character is shit or they are unable to buy premium, so the sharer gets a character to play with, without him having to pay for premium, KC, valks etc.
    And the original account owners gets the % he needs or the nps he needs

NaidenZ

well im sharing with a guy atm and im not the owner of the account but i xp way way more than him and i got told that my compensation for the xp was to be able to play the account xD[/b]
    lol ? :huh: xD

and depends how you deal with your sharer from the start so later there will be no problems[/b]
    i agree. just finding a good sharer is a problem for most people. and a lot of people think it's a must to have a sharer and they dont know much people so they get desperate and ask for a sharer... the reason why they want a sharer is because its so hard to exp nowadays and they want to keep up with the competition in ko. another reason is they dont have enough time to play so they get some1 else to play. of course sharers should get compensations for what they get.

personally im defined as a sharer when i started playing cava's account. right now it seems like im the only who plays it since cava's in the army and belzacs in school xD they trust me and even gave me the sq. most ppl cant find a trustable person like me because a lot of people are greedy and will take any opportunity to scam...

i think if a account owner changes his pw and abandons his sharer with nothing it's 100% considered scamming for not paying for his efforts at least. some sharers do more work than the owner (like me for example.) i started playing my account at 65 and me and cava did about 50:50 to 70 and from 70-76 i think i did about 75% of the exp and i wont even mention the items i farmed and nps i gained xD.

before i started playing this account cava told me if we ever decide to quit and sell the account we'll all have to agree to sell and we'll be paid for what we've done evenly and those are the terms i think any shared accounts should go under.

sharing isnt considered cheating imo, it's way too hard to get lvl 80 by yourself. unless ur gonna exp 8+ hours a day for like 12 months the gl i rather get a job xD. i play for fun and when im bored i do other things.

sorry for the long post but as a serious sharer i just wanted to show u my point of view on it xD.

necro_

Only share to a person you know in real life, or have trusted for years...

A Sharer, is like money.. it can corrupt you, or it can be your tool.

If you are able to find a GG trustable sharer, it will benefit you and your character a lot, you will get good exp, more boss drops, maybe more clan poitns for being active/exping/farming and stuff...

However, a corrupt sharer, can screw you over. They can delvl your char, steal all your items, or ruin your reputation.

the key is finding a GG sharer

and the original owner has all decisions.. unless agreed upon with sharer + owner.... usually sharers just exp chars, to be able to enjoy pking on the char w/o needing to buy their own SC, items, or char.

didinino

most of the important things were said, i can point my side on this term:

i differ sharing from "owners". if a guy wants to play my account for fun- sharer.
    however if i decide to make an account that belongs to 2 ppl, then its second owner/first (it doesn't matter).

no one ever thought why did ppl start sharing their accounts... well the reason is simple:

ppl who have more time to play= higher lvl, better items etc.
    ppl who dont have enough time to play like others= lower lvl, nooby items and in the end a kick from clan cause the char is in-active.
    that dude finds himself clanless, low lvl and from that point its just /sell account for low price and quit.

my first share was cause of this reason, nothing else.
    i had school, it was hard, it took alot of time and i couldnt play like others do.

today i think ppl took this sharing too far... im not against it, but if 2 ppl put 100% (and some of them put even 100$ each ^_^) of their time on the account, that is just ridiculous and imo very annoying.
    but, everybody do it today, so the game became like this- more sharers = 'winner of competition' (and lose alot of time )
    and that is the shitty side of sharing.. i have no respect for ppl who do that, however i fully respect ppl that have a JOB and LIFE so they have to share their accounts with another guy just like them.

sry for long post ^_^

BoShkE

I wouldnt share with anyone besides a RL friend...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast