Quick question about paypal

This is a discussion on Quick question about paypal within the General Chat forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; If you buy an item on ebay, how long can the person u bought something of Chargeback? Because virtual items ...
Page: 1

Default Quick question about paypal

If you buy an item on ebay, how long can the person u bought something of Chargeback?
    Because virtual items are not legally protected

YouGotOwned

I think its 3 buisiness days and then the cash is in your bank.

as far as i know as long as it in ur paypal account he can always chargeback u, but if u transfer the money to ur bank he cant anymore.

YouGotOwned

Originally posted by Flam3_Arch3r
    as far as i know as long as it in ur paypal account he can always chargeback u, but if u transfer the money to ur bank he cant anymore.
    That's what I do and I never get chargebacked. As soon as you have it, transfer to your bank account or send it to another paypal account. When you have money IN YOUR HANDS, I dont think you'll get chargeback

Banned Senior Member

wrong, even if your account is $0 you still get chargedback, I recently got a nice little phone call from Paypal because I moved my funds after a few transactions and I was chargeback and they were wondering when they would receive their money. Even if you close your account and the person tries to charge you back paypal has ways to get the money from you

closing ur account transfer funds is worse thing u can do on paypals end it will just make whoever charge u back case stronger

i always leave money in until i have cleared 6 months on my last transaction which last time i check its 6 months they have to charge back or was it 6 weeks and i like to be protective xD

most important thing is to always and i mean always daily if possible be checking the email to ur paypal and dont be afraid to call paypal buncha college drop outs working there so if ur agreesive and name drop which i do all the time u'll get ur way with there gook squad

Banned Senior Member

however when someone charges you back from their CC company instead of paypal with "unautherized use" your basically sol

i have made loads of usd deals and have got charged back sometimes, never lost money myself though. just transfer the money away from the paypal account instantly after u recive it, u cant lose ur money. if the guy will do charge back, ur paypal account will go negative amount of money and you may just make new paypal account for urself. ive never got scammed for any usd but i have many paypal accos with negative amount of money

Banned

Lol, but u're crazy :lol:

Banned Senior Member

Originally posted by nesma
    i have made loads of usd deals and have got charged back sometimes, never lost money myself though. just transfer the money away from the paypal account instantly after u recive it, u cant lose ur money. if the guy will do charge back, ur paypal account will go negative amount of money and you may just make new paypal account for urself. ive never got scammed for any usd but i have many paypal accos with negative amount of money
    Dunno about you, but paypal was on my ass not even 2 days after loosing a chargeback about negative funds, called my house and even had a collection agency call me regarding the money I owed paypal

ehm, how could they do that if u just make up some random name and dont put any real information there? -.-

Not true at all, unfortunatly. When I got charged back and I had negative funds for 30 days paypal sent me a letter saying I had to pay it or im going to be taken to court. I was verified, and I transfered the money immediatly after I got it into my bank account. The safest way to do things is sell items on an unverified account then after you get the money, send it to a verified account.