Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick WU question

This is a discussion on Quick WU question within the General Chat forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; you dont HAVE to be 18+, you just need a valid ID, passport, etc, School ID's are not trustworthy. You ...
Page: 2

Popcorn maker :D Senior Member camisita's Avatar

you dont HAVE to be 18+, you just need a valid ID, passport, etc, School ID's are not trustworthy. You can send money without any ID because you're paying for it. But they NEED to make sure the right person receives the money.[/b]

in some countries u HAVE to be 18+ in order to recieve money, or go with an adult with valid identification, same for sending money

j3ster555

someone sent me money with a secret question/answer but no one asked me about it when I picked the money (Peru FTW) :P[/b]

this was what I was exactly talking about.. but in my case.. even the sender din't bother to add any secret/answer.. and the transaction went off smoothly.. the question I answered there was what's the sender's name and which country he is from :P

oops okie.. just read your post more clearly.. raeck. I dunno much about the other option.. but whenever I enquired about WU over here in some branches all they said was you need to have a valid ID proof...

The DON Senior Member Raekpacman's Avatar

someone sent me money with a secret question/answer but no one asked me about it when I picked the money (Peru FTW) :P[/b]
    Just to clarify, if you have ID you don't need to know the sq/answer.
    So if you gave them ID, you didn't "cheat" the system. :P

Otherwise...wow negligent WU agents...tsst tsst.

Ok well I did a little more research, and the services and limitations is relative to your location.

To sum it up

"Generally, TEST QUESTIONS may be used if the principal amount of the money transfer does not exceed $999.99. In the U.S. and many destinations outside the U.S., a money transfer that includes a Test Question will be paid to the Receiver if the Receiver can provide the correct answer to the Test Question OR can provide valid identification. For certain destinations outside the U.S., a Test Question is required to be provided for some or all money transfers to that destination, and in those destinations, the Receiver may be required to provide either proper identification or the correct answer to the Test Question, or both, to receive payment. Please contact Western Union at the customer service telephone number listed below for current information regarding the availability of Test Questions for Your selected destination."

I think you got enough info now to investigate if you can work around having no ID. h34r:

chimichimi

Can you use a school ID card (highschool) to pick up money?[/b]
    just no :P

The DON Senior Member Raekpacman's Avatar

just no :P[/b]

ERRR- wrong.

Once again this is relative to your location, but WU agents DO accept school I.D.s. (Call ahead and check it depends on the location.) A usual requirement for them to do so is it must be a principle signed I.D. card. Yea, that makes so much sense...lol.

R.I.P. Markis Senior Member zXFuryXz's Avatar

=D

j3ster555

Raek seriously WU sux :P ^^

Ensan

Oh really?

"To be able to receive money without a valid ID, a test question and an answer have to be set by the sender before making the transaction. If a test question and an answer are not set, the sender must be contacted to set the question. Then you can receive the money by answering to the test question with the right answer at the receiving location."

Come on guys get your shit together and read the services offered thoroughly.[/b]
    the agent here in egypt said to me " no we dont work with the SQ and SA here so no use of it"

iiason

u can send money at any age.

and u can receive at any age.

but wat u need it an officially ID.

such as driver's license or passport.

This is Australia BTW.

and yes, i have sent/received money when both under and over 18

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12