Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910

Ranking Donations?

This is a discussion on Ranking Donations? within the General Chat forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; Just a quicknote. We are FAR FAR AWAY from making any profit from ko4life. Ads are gone and donations got ...
Page: 10

Just a quicknote. We are FAR FAR AWAY from making any profit from ko4life. Ads are gone and donations got quite a few chargebacks, meaning we arent covering even the hosting cost which is $120 a month. And yes, I pay that with my credit card. If the crashes continue, we might need a new box so add another $120.

Wish this site could pay by itself with donations and ads, but so far that has not happened. Makes me laugh how Kazam talks about us when we are actually using OUR OWN money to support this site and not STEALING donations. If this becomes a concern for donators, I dont have a problem on making those numbers public so everyone knows what happens with the money we receive.

Banned

Wow, after reading through this thread, I do feel the need to comment:

1. As newcomers to ko4life, you ought to realize how you are representing yourself and the now-defunct Ranking forums. You all would have benefited greatly from a little more respect, a little less flaming and a whole lot more thinking-before-posting. All the posts are nothing but problems, drama, flaming, and buddies sticking up for buddies who are bashing their ex-buddies.

2. The majority of the comments in this thread have been between 3-4 people recently migrated to ko4life from Ranking, which tells me that this issue probably should have been handled in PMs. I get that your point was to call someone out publicly for scamming donations BUT the donators must assume some responsibility by choosing to donate AND a dishonest person should never have been in charge of those donated funds in the first place.

3. If you think I'm talking about something I don't know about because I don't go to ranking, you're right, or that I don't know the admins at ranking, you're right, or that I didn't know members of ranking, you're right. HOWEVER, part of my responsibility as a moderator here is to maintain the integrity of posts on this forum and if the lack of tact and general drama that I just read through is demonstrative of the type of people that used to visit Ranking, its probably a good idea that its been shutdown anyway.

4. All of this probably could have been avoided if Ranking had provided a simple disclaimer stating that all donations are final and do not guarantee that the forums will stay open. Once again, thinking-before-posting.

5. This is just another example of why we all should appreciate ko4life and the hard work and dedication that the moderating team contributes to make this the #1 KO fan-forum on the internet.

For example, I provide a disclaimer of my own: the opinions expressed in this post are my own and in no way represent the official views or policies of the ko4life forum.

See how easy that was? [/b]
    As mentioned before, prior to me making this thread, I had tried to contact Kazam several times. He refused to answer my pm, so I made this thread. After making the thread, I immediately pmed Felix to see if it was okay to start this thread in the general section. He agreed as there is no other section for which this thread belong in. After me making this thread, I stuck to the topic, without flaming, avoiding offtopic comments, etc. After about half way, after Kazam avoiding the question and LYING, all I got was retarded comment such as "you cannot donate to something which is not a company" or "why did you donate to Kazam in the first place, it was your fault."

I UNDERSTAND donating to Kazam was a mistake, but the purpose of this thread was NOT why the people chose to donate to Kazam but what he did with the money.

The "few ranking people that migrated to Ko4life" (mind you I was a member of Ko4life since it first started and so was 3thos) did nothing but ask questions.

Reread the entire topic please.

I mean seriously, DONT YOU find it strange that he is avoiding the question and bringing into Ko4life donation policies every chance he gets? He himself said that the money is gone. GONE ON WHAT EXACTLY?

3thos ignore them my buddy.

I dont think this topic deserves to be closed yet. Sure, there are some flames, but there's a legit concern here and since ranking users dont have any other place to discuss this, I agree with Felix on leaving it open.

Sadly, I dont think u will get any more answers from Kazam. He already said the money is gone and then avoided any further details. U can decide whatever that means. For me is no different than scamming or stealing.

From the beginning Senior Member EG4L's Avatar

wow 3thos jump on moe's cock more pls

Ads are gone and donations got quite a few chargebacks[/b]
    hey Devile, since u mentioned ads, could u plz take a look at this issue with a broken ads? http://www.ko4life.com/forums/index....owtopic=165647 :P

3thos

wow 3thos jump on moe's cock more pls[/b]
    wow GangZone jump on everyones cock more and try to be a little bit more original and come up with your own saying you fucking imbecile.

From the beginning Senior Member EG4L's Avatar

good comeback

Banned

im not jumping on no ones weenie, if anyone is jumping its you all for backing up kazam, "kazam is legit i dont think he would do this since when i played on ares he was nice to me" a summury from windwaker - wind if you havent learned yet you cant trust no one on the internet, i would only trust 1-2 admins on this forum IMO every other staff member no, but i still probably wouldnt trust them with my shit unsealed because i dont know them. just admin status kinda turns the ODDS a little bit
    but when you said that "wind" i totally laughed out loud. i thought you would know more then just to say to someone there legit when he was only good to you on ares. this just like the trustable section with all peoples friends saying hes 100% legit baba when they are there friends and none of them has ever made a deal with the dude :angry:

but like i said earler kazam is avoiding and wont say what he did with it so ofcourse it wasnt for the purpose that he said it was so take further actions on him :S
    and maybe even lock this thread since this is basically for kazam and he wont answer
    <3 MOE
    wow 3thos jump on moe&#39;s cock more pls[/b]
    you sir should be warned for flaming, you put nothing to this post and just jumped in saying someone sucks weenie

Da Mod Father Senior Member Felix's Avatar

Also we do have a ventrilo server that&#39;s also paid out of Erics own pocket for ko4life! So we actually got things to show for any donations we recieave. How many different web sites used Devile server status ?

Banned

3thos is a beast. This guy is awesome. I nominate him for ko4life king.

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910