Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Rate this computer.

This is a discussion on Rate this computer. within the General Chat forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; I am planning on buying this computer. I kind of have to buy from best buy because of financing. It ...
Page: 1

Default Rate this computer.

I am planning on buying this computer. I kind of have to buy from best buy because of financing. It also will help us build credit.

Asus G73JH-RBBX05 specs and Laptop specifications - CNET Reviews

Your opinions on this laptop please?

I am currently using Asus x83v-M (BestBuy version)

why are you getting a laptop in the first place if you dont mind me asking

Quote Originally Posted by Avast View Post
    why are you getting a laptop in the first place if you dont mind me asking
    I am a weird person. I don't like sitting in my room alone. I like moving around the house a lot. A desktop will lock me in the room when I play games. This is why I can not play PS3 longer than 1 hour.

Jesus Savior! Senior Member Sp1ke's Avatar

dam that laptop look sick :O

i whould buy him if i had the cash

Quote Originally Posted by Sp1ke View Post
    dam that laptop look sick :O

i whould buy him if i had the cash
    designed by Lamborghini if I'm not wrong. *Searching*

The Dell Online Store: Build Your System

Heard alot of good things for this laptop, Of course it would be a bit more if you increased some of the thing's but still .

ImShort

Its good but for gaming i never feel comfortable using laptops. It can make the laptop a lot slower

9/10 good for gaming

Implmp

I would say it definately is a good laptop and for the price it would be difficult to find better, however I would comparison shop around on tigerdirect.com generally they have deals on refurbished models. However the laptop should be able to play and game you throw at it, however you must remember a laptop means your getting about half the performance to get the portability.

andrewo350

looks good i would defiantly get it

i hate asus manufacturers now. i got the new p6x58d-e and it was defected and had to replace it... making my gaming comp and its gonna be smexy

Quote Originally Posted by Electr1c View Post
    i hate asus manufacturers now. i got the new p6x58d-e and it was defected and had to replace it... making my gaming comp and its gonna be smexy
    Actually I decided not to buy this laptop and be smart. I'm using asus now and I don't really like it. I actually hate it.

The problems I'm facing with asus x83vm-x1

Battery is not holding( this was expected )
    Charger stops charging randomly which leads to shut down if I don't replug in time.
    My keyboard is terrible. FN button is missing and Enter button drops time to time.
    DVD-ROM stopped working after I started using windows 7. Every formatting is another story.
    The fact that it is asus sucks since they didn't make drivers for windows 7. This is a 1.5 years old computer not 10 years old calculator type computer.

Gays

haunted88

Quote Originally Posted by kaoskid View Post
    9/10 good for gaming
    u are generous, i would give a 7/10. not bad tho :P

xBDYx

a desktop is always better than a laptop :P.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by ilterates View Post
    Actually I decided not to buy this laptop and be smart. I'm using asus now and I don't really like it. I actually hate it.

The problems I'm facing with asus x83vm-x1

Battery is not holding( this was expected )
    Charger stops charging randomly which leads to shut down if I don't replug in time.
    My keyboard is terrible. FN button is missing and Enter button drops time to time.
    DVD-ROM stopped working after I started using windows 7. Every formatting is another story.
    The fact that it is asus sucks since they didn't make drivers for windows 7. This is a 1.5 years old computer not 10 years old calculator type computer.

Gays
    Toshiba and other highly reputable computer manufacturers all use Ausus OEM parts in their machines. If companies like that, whom have been in the business for years, use Asus in their machines then you know its a good brand. Asus is more on the gaming edge, consider them the new Alienware.

Why are you having problems? It's a laptop. Honestly, laptops should never be used for gaming.

Graphic cards on laptops are integrated onto the mother board. Technology will advance, unfortunately your laptop wont. I'm sure you know that the graphics card plays a major role in a gaming computer. Gordan Moore's law states that "that the number of transistors per square inch on integrated circuits must double every 18 months". The current 'new' graphics cards will be replaced by even newer and better ones. Your 'Current' graphics card which is built in to your mother board and can not be removed will become obsolete.

Then there are other things to consider like RAM. Desktops now a days can hold over 24gb of RAM and have tons of slots for them. A laptop has 2 RAM slots and a maximum of 8GBs of DDR3 RAM. Now do the math, 8/2=4. You need 2x 4GB RAM sticks that cost around $250.00 each, that's around 500 bucks to have what almost every desktop comes standard with. It's a lot cheaper to buy 4x 1GB RAM sticks than it is to buy a single stick.

Then there is other shit like the power supply and processor in laptops to consider as well.

Oh, as for the G73. I work as a Computer Sales Representative at BestBuy and I set up one of those on display. I load up new game releases on there for customers to demo ( I really did it for myself to play), for example I have Starcraft 2 up on it now. The Asus G73isn't that great by what I have witnessed.

Go for a desktop.

Just buy a good desktop mother board and upgrade it over time like I did. Build your own PC.

I have a NVIDIA GeForce GTX 480, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 480 (12MB LR Cache), 4x 80gb SSD drives, 16GB Tri-Channel DDR3 SDRAM. All together its a really fucking expensive machine, but I paid for it over time when ever I had any spare money. If something new where to ever come out I can easily upgrade ( SSD drives I just added, man are those things fucking awesome), if you buy a gaming laptop you are going to pay $1,500.00 and be stuck with those specs for ever. You'll eventually need to buy a new one in a few years which will cost around the same amount.
    Last edited by dondergek; 09-05-2010 at 12:19 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast