Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

READ THIS!!!!!

This is a discussion on READ THIS!!!!! within the General Chat forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; Cant we make a server that will be as usko (i mean trustable to pass of time never close) play ...
Page: 1

Banned Senior Member

Default READ THIS!!!!!

Cant we make a server that will be as usko (i mean trustable to pass of time never close) play all there yea everyone and everyone feel like like first starting?

wouldnt be that great? i miss these days ppl yea now eveything is (corrupted ) that why i dont want to play in servers now.
    You feel me?
    if some ppl love this game and got the nececery knowledge of nececery stuff just think it
    no need to pay a lot to play
    little and many ppl online is better i think
    what you say...

ty sincerely....

gl with this but its imposible every1 atm want just money like k2

What they need to do is this...

- Wipe ALL servers (get rid of any items legal or illegal and make people start from scratch on a clean protected server)
    - Patch the servers (stop any bugs)
    - Get decent protection (at the moment there is fuck all)
    - Get active GMs (ones where there is no corruption and regularly online)
    - Improve customer support (because it's shit)
    - Merge ALL the servers (this will consolidate all their money and reduce their TCO) and the servers will get busy again to the point where they can expand properly

Banned Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by KurwaMac12 View Post
    gl with this but its imposible every1 atm want just money like k2
    true but not no uncantable.
    sry for my english-).

Quote Originally Posted by SERREOS View Post
    true but not no uncantable.
    sry for my english-).
    nothing personal but uncantable made my day hahahaha

Little archer Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by puggy306td View Post

- Wipe ALL servers (get rid of any items legal or illegal and make people start from scratch on a clean protected server)
    - Merge ALL the servers (this will consolidate all their money and reduce their TCO) and the servers will get busy again to the point where they can expand properly
    also improve the game code or w/e, its so easy nowadays to hack in Knightonline.... every hack is more fancy than the previous one.

OR get an anticheat software.

idk so much could be done but we are talking about k2.. so yeah

Quote Originally Posted by razor View Post
    also improve the game code or w/e, its so easy nowadays to hack in Knightonline.... every hack is more fancy than the previous one.

OR get an anticheat software.

idk so much could be done but we are talking about k2.. so yeah
    Sadly, as you said K2 = K2, nothing more. They are only 2 letters put together.
    No one in or out of it. ^
    Well, most if not all anti-cheat software gets bypassed because most K2 / Mgame employees didn't have a college (high school even?) education and then come these turks, americans and other users who did have a life and laugh at the said anti-cheat.

Banned Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by the ring View Post
    nothing personal but uncantable made my day hahahaha
    i am happy for this-)))

Quote Originally Posted by SERREOS View Post
    i am happy for this-)))
    Ok... You're happy that your own...
    Know what? Nevermind.

Banned

i think that getting an host (which i don't think that there is 1 like that) who can handle all the people in game, will cost them way more than they pay now.. its like hosting 15k+ players in 1 server... and add all the effects of skills and stuff..

but i agree with the rest

Little archer Senior Member

didnt u quit?

Banned

Europe KO wanted once get license for K2 patches and latest updates + overall rights.
    They contacted K2 and price was 2m USD + 80% of PUS income for it.

Quote Originally Posted by ko4mylife View Post
    i think that getting an host (which i don't think that there is 1 like that) who can handle all the people in game, will cost them way more than they pay now.. its like hosting 15k+ players in 1 server... and add all the effects of skills and stuff..

but i agree with the rest
    It wouldn't cost K2 more money than what they pay now, it would work out cheaper

All the "skill" effects are client side, they're not done server side. All the server handles is the database and server transactions like PUS, Anvil, Quests, Zone Changes, etc

All K2 need to do, is get a decent cluster setup with load balancing with 2-3 well specced DBase servers and they'd save loads of money in costs of datacentres and they could expand when needed.

It's pointless spending ~100k per month on servers (just for arguments sake) when you can consolidate all those fees to ~10k per month and have the same client base and PUS transactions

Also, because the servers would be VERY heavily utilised, it means they would have a lot more PUS transactions because there would be lots of PK happening so more people would be spending

It's a knock on effect, it's just K2 are too fucking stupid to implement any technical solutions to the servers. They only spend money on marketing bringing in new customers and "hyping" up their business when it's a pile of shit.

I still remember when there was a Diez1-2-3. Now there is only 2 servers, because they are no longer active, instead K2 merely launch another server every 3-4 months or so and have some form of marketing ploy (new server, new pus sales, new chaos events, etc) and attract new business that way

Look at games like Eve Online, it has ~40,000 players and only 1 actual "server" that is live (Tranquility), this server is on a cluster with a major SAN attached to it with a Massive DB cluster (about 10 blade servers for dbase) and 1 or 2 huge filers for the disk transactions. Membership is around £17 per month (it's P2P) that's £680,000 per year and they have minimal overheads

Go look at their downtimes, they have DAILY maintenance every day 11-12 and the servers are always backup on time. Whenever their servers fail, they give you a time it will be fixed, and it's back up when they say it will

If K2 bothered, they could make this game ridiculously profitable, they're simply not bothered and want to drive it into the ground making a quick buck where possible. The only reason they haven't gone under is because of the corruption (people selling illegal items) and the influx of players because of it's popularity (a game where you can cheat and make money)....

If I was ever rich (won the lottery or some shit) I'd love to launch and promote a true KO server. You'd guarantee if you had true customer support and anti-cheat solutions etc, the business would be better.

Just my 2p...
    Last edited by puggy306td; 03-31-2010 at 12:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by AlphaBeta View Post
    Europe KO wanted once get license for K2 patches and latest updates + overall rights.
    They contacted K2 and price was 2m USD + 80% of PUS income for it.
    Typical, they wanted "overall" rights and K2 still want to profit from the sales continously.

This is why I can't wait to host private game servers like L4D, because they're fully legal and the companies even provide all the software and patches for people who wanna do it

I know it's a different build (MMORPG for KO), obvioisly others are shooters etc, but still. They're not profiting but still popular

Banned

It wouldn't cost K2 more money than what they pay now, it would work out cheaper

All the "skill" effects are client side, they're not done server side. All the server handles is the database and server transactions like PUS, Anvil, Quests, Zone Changes, etc

All K2 need to do, is get a decent cluster setup with load balancing with 2-3 well specced DBase servers and they'd save loads of money in costs of datacentres and they could expand when needed.

It's pointless spending ~100k per month on servers (just for arguments sake) when you can consolidate all those fees to ~10k per month and have the same client base and PUS transactions

Also, because the servers would be VERY heavily utilised, it means they would have a lot more PUS transactions because there would be lots of PK happening so more people would be spending

It's a knock on effect, it's just K2 are too fucking stupid to implement any technical solutions to the servers. They only spend money on marketing bringing in new customers and "hyping" up their business when it's a pile of shit.

I still remember when there was a Diez1-2-3. Now there is only 2 servers, because they are no longer active, instead K2 merely launch another server every 3-4 months or so and have some form of marketing ploy (new server, new pus sales, new chaos events, etc) and attract new business that way

Look at games like Eve Online, it has ~40,000 players and only 1 actual "server" that is live (Tranquality), this server is on a cluster with a major SAN attached to it with a Massive DB cluster (about 10 blade servers for dbase) and 1 or 2 huge filers for the disk transactions. Membership is around £17 per month (it's P2P) that's £680,000 per year and they have minimal overheads

Go look at their downtimes, they have DAILY maintenance every day 11-12 and the servers are always backup on time. Whenever their servers fail, they give you a time it will be fixed, and it's back up when they say it will

If K2 bothered, they could make this game ridiculously profitable, they're simply not bothered and want to drive it into the ground making a quick book where possible. The only reason they haven't gone under is because of the corruption (people selling illegal items) and the influx of players because of it's popularity (a game where you can cheat and make money)....

If I was ever rich (won the lottery or some shit) I'd love to launch and promote a true KO server. You'd guarantee if you had true customer support and anti-cheat solutions etc, the business would be better.

Just my 2p...
    Will you my friend marry me? Couldn't have said
    it any better and I stopped reading after your post this was so
    well said. To know how dedicated you are. Your lottery comment. That's a true fan
    because if anyone else won the lottery. They would say fuck it. Ha. You my friend are a good person. Respect x10

AmpZ

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast