Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

READ THIS!!!!!

This is a discussion on READ THIS!!!!! within the General Chat forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; Originally Posted by newf Will you my friend marry me? Couldn't have said it any better and I stopped reading ...
Page: 2

Quote Originally Posted by newf View Post
    Will you my friend marry me? Couldn't have said
    it any better and I stopped reading after your post this was so
    well said. To know how dedicated you are. Your lottery comment. That's a true fan
    because if anyone else won the lottery. They would say fuck it. Ha. You my friend are a good person. Respect x10

AmpZ
    You can never have too much money and to be honest, if you won the lottery you'd have the money to waste anyway. So nothing ventured nothing gained. I'd rather waste the money on something I'd make profit from and have fun with than spend money on a game worth fuck all

#BTW, I'm talking about if you won something like 10-20m, not 1m. Fuck that lol. You'd still need a high startup fee for this game if you ever bought it outright

n1t quited usko :P

Banned

puggy306td well done and well sayd mate. This is smartest post what i have seen

MinuteMaid

Quote Originally Posted by AlphaBeta View Post
    Europe KO wanted once get license for K2 patches and latest updates + overall rights.
    They contacted K2 and price was 2m USD + 80% of PUS income for it.
    K2 is not even allowed to sell anything of the game.. That includes the patches
    So that story is complete BS.

Some people here must understand they're only hosting it and are not allowed to change the game in any way that Mgame doesn't aprove.
    The bugs and anti cheat measures are taken by Mgame not K2

A server merge for like what 14 server? and each their own sub server... roughly 1k users online 24/7... that's 28k people on a single server.
    The KO maps are too small to handle this and it is actuelly quite foolish....
    Think about how easy it'll be to crash the server and if 1 fails, everyone can't play.
    + crashing when you TP to another map like you went to Esland in KO days

And seriously, this game has died 3 years ago! Let turks have this mess and lousy support.

Quote Originally Posted by MinuteMaid View Post

A server merge for like what 14 server? and each their own sub server... roughly 1k users online 24/7... that's 28k people on a single server.
    The KO maps are too small to handle this and it is actuelly quite foolish....
    Think about how easy it'll be to crash the server and if 1 fails, everyone can't play.
    + crashing when you TP to another map like you went to Esland in KO days

And seriously, this game has died 3 years ago! Let turks have this mess and lousy support.
    There are about 34 servers in total (approx 2 servers per world)

28k users is nothing providing they setup the technology right.

Computers can handle ANY amount of information providing they are scaled right and have the correct amount of power (RAM, CPU, Disk, Network Links, etc)

If I had something to say, I would make the whole community choose between an english or turkish server. This means all the turkish players would choose to play with their people. And the rest can play happy in the server with the rest of the world. This also means the whole server list will change and we get to play with characters from all the servers muled together. This descision is permanent and your ip will be registered to the ''english'' or turkish side.
    Then make it so there are 3 to 4 servers for the World. And some more for the Turkish.

This also means there are less GMs needed to scan every server, and they dont have to deal with the language barrier.

Quote Originally Posted by puggy306td View Post
    There are about 34 servers in total (approx 2 servers per world)

28k users is nothing providing they setup the technology right.

Computers can handle ANY amount of information providing they are scaled right and have the correct amount of power (RAM, CPU, Disk, Network Links, etc)

look even if the k2 servers could hold 28k people on one server there is no where near enough xp slots or is moradon big enough for merchant. in big cities it would be a huge lag fest even without people spamming trade chat.

i would imagine that even in ko war times i doubt more then 5k users on any Server 1 i would guess its around 3k limit. the game is just not to be played with that many users it would not even be fun. also dont forget almost every event in game has a limited amount of users in it... war is what the first 300 users from each side ?

Quote Originally Posted by Jayrich View Post
    look even if the k2 servers could hold 28k people on one server there is no where near enough xp slots or is moradon big enough for merchant. in big cities it would be a huge lag fest even without people spamming trade chat.

i would imagine that even in ko war times i doubt more then 5k users on any Server 1 i would guess its around 3k limit. the game is just not to be played with that many users it would not even be fun. also dont forget almost every event in game has a limited amount of users in it... war is what the first 300 users from each side ?
    I've already gone over this. The servers can hold that many players, they merely need the relevant scalability to provide the relevant level of processing power

K2 if they consolidated their servers would need to expand them due to the theoritical user base, but they wouldn't need 34. You have to remember not everyone would look for XP, a lot of people would merch, farm, PK, etc and not everyone is in the same time zone.

I'd say if K2 had about 5-10 well-specced servers, it would give around 5000 users per server at peak times (obviously higher in war) with plenty of options available

Not to mention, if the servers were easier to manage K2 could then develop new maps / zones with Mgame to be released. Besides, they have GM powers, they could actually make new spots if needed. I'm not saying it's a simple change, ffs hell it's a big change. Fuck man, releasing a working patch is hard work for K2. I'm merely saying the possibilities and how I'd do it.

The limiting factor would be XP spots and the end-users PC, not K2's hardware.

MinuteMaid

Quote Originally Posted by puggy306td View Post
    I've already gone over this. The servers can hold that many players, they merely need the relevant scalability to provide the relevant level of processing power

K2 if they consolidated their servers would need to expand them due to the theoritical user base, but they wouldn't need 34. You have to remember not everyone would look for XP, a lot of people would merch, farm, PK, etc and not everyone is in the same time zone.

I'd say if K2 had about 5-10 well-specced servers, it would give around 5000 users per server at peak times (obviously higher in war) with plenty of options available

Not to mention, if the servers were easier to manage K2 could then develop new maps / zones with Mgame to be released. Besides, they have GM powers, they could actually make new spots if needed. I'm not saying it's a simple change, ffs hell it's a big change. Fuck man, releasing a working patch is hard work for K2. I'm merely saying the possibilities and how I'd do it.

The limiting factor would be XP spots and the end-users PC, not K2's hardware.
    We're talking about the maps of this game not really technology... it's nearly not enough to handle this many users... With 1k users on average, moradon is already packed with hardly room left to merch.

And most spots are taken by koxp so that makes it now 5 koxp parties each spot
    So it's really ridiculous...

And the private server files that we got are hard coded with a limit of 1500 users, not sure if USKO is even higher than this :/ Anyway if they would make a server merge, they need permission and update patches from Mgame themselves... So yea, highly doubt K2 will go trough that trouble

Quote Originally Posted by MinuteMaid View Post
    We're talking about the maps of this game not really technology... it's nearly not enough to handle this many users... With 1k users on average, moradon is already packed with hardly room left to merch.

And most spots are taken by koxp so that makes it now 5 koxp parties each spot
    So it's really ridiculous...

And the private server files that we got are hard coded with a limit of 1500 users, not sure if USKO is even higher than this :/ Anyway if they would make a server merge, they need permission and update patches from Mgame themselves... So yea, highly doubt K2 will go trough that trouble

Without a doubt, the game would need some big changes itself new zones, etc, all I'm saying is it's still a possibility.

In the end it would never happen, simply because K2 suck balls as a company

KOXP isn't worth noting, because if they had decent security there would be no reason to worry about it to start with

nothing personal but uncantable made my day hahahaha

hahaha wow that just made my day +1

Banned Senior Member

well i read all replies but i still think that 1 day a group of ppl that got barely sick of all this as you too and do nothing but staring at pc waiting for gods help i think_))
    will start doing this as i said it now youi all wait to your pcs till thiss team comes up....
    ty....

Banned Senior Member

i will watcing ya....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12