Real money for items, what do you think?

This is a discussion on Real money for items, what do you think? within the General Chat forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; well was talking to a freind who qiuted ko, and he said one of the resones he qiuted was that ...
Page: 1

HalfLife

Default Real money for items, what do you think?

well was talking to a freind who qiuted ko, and he said one of the resones he qiuted was that the market went totally out of the game, I have to agree with him, the fact that you cant really get good items for game money anymore, sucks, people are making profit from this game without k2 doing anything about it.

was just wondering what you guys think.

(\/) (;,,;) (\/) Why not Zoidberg? Admin camaz0tz's Avatar

tough shit? go to any other game and ull see a bunch of websites made by players working together to make money an example: http://wowtreasures.com/items/server.php?I...=203&ty=A&st=US look how many games they offer items/coin/levels for....instead of bitching and whining why dont u make an ebay account and start farming/selling stuff too?

Battle_Hymn

Originally posted by camaz0tz
    tough shit? go to any other game and ull see a bunch of websites made by players working together to make money an example: http://wowtreasures.com/items/server.php?I...=203&ty=A&st=US look how many games they offer items/coin/levels for....instead of bitching and whining why dont u make an ebay account and start farming/selling stuff too?
    This business won 500 million dollar at 2004.

VipexXx

There are cons/pros.... like people paying $ for items spare alot of time - but loose game experience. Most of them wont care about all the fun u can have farming for a specific item, or at least that is what i assume.

My opinion: Let them have their business & style of playing/buying/selling. It is not my style for several reasons and i dont care if they F#up the ingame market with that or not. There is only one thing i dont like: Buying char & good gear with $ and then bragg about how pnwge they are - i feel sorry for those. Personally it makes me little - yes - proud to make my way through game building my char without spending $.

morax

Originally posted by VipexXx
    There are cons/pros.... like people paying $ for items spare alot of time - but loose game experience. Most of them wont care about all the fun u can have farming for a specific item, or at least that is what i assume.

My opinion: Let them have their business & style of playing/buying/selling. It is not my style for several reasons and i dont care if they F#up the ingame market with that or not. There is only one thing i dont like: Buying char & good gear with $ and then bragg about how pnwge they are - i feel sorry for those. Personally it makes me little - yes - proud to make my way through game building my char without spending $.
    I can see your point i have more important things to spend my cash on than game items, like nice meals out with friends etc... but.... i dont mind if people do - its personal preference and u have to live with that.

Phosgene

well money can buy items but it cant buy skills...
    but
    buying items with usd is totally legitimic way to buy items...
    for example of someone got hacked , lost account , money and everything .
    he has skills and he doesnt want to pass threw noobness again and he got some spare $$$ , he can just buy a new character and items , simple as that .
    although no doubt making a new char and farm items and work hard is the best way .

Anonimous_User

Well, my opinion is that if K2 gets a good security (in which people couldn't hack into it and make the items that they wanted), fix all dupes and macros. Then those items and chars i guess they could be sold for real money.
    But it does not make any sense people creating/duping items, macroing, etc, and then selling them, making a huge profit out of it. Then the people that try to be legit get screwed. And it is not only the macroers and cheaters that cause the problem, is the people that buy those items KNOWING that there is a really HIGH probability that those items were aquired illegally (Like buying pirated movies or illegal guns).

I know that you can't buy skills, but skilled people are also buying from these sources. Why?? Cuz most of them are greedy arrogant people that just care for them to be called "leet" and "goodgun".

As of now, i don't agree with people selling/buying items and chars off ebay or any other source. Maybe in the future (might be in a far future since we are talking about K2) i might change my mind about this, we'll see.