REAL problem after patch

This is a discussion on REAL problem after patch within the General Chat forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; Ever since the patch my pc now reboots at random intervals while playing the game. IT IS NOT my pc, ...
Page: 1

Iburnyouup

Ever since the patch my pc now reboots at random intervals while playing the game. IT IS NOT my pc, for all you flamers out there, this is a real problem due to the patch. I know of several others who have this problem and the list is growing. Whenever a pc reboots like that it is usaully due to bad programing or coding as some call it. Usually because one poorly written program is trying to access physical memory used by another legit program and poof bye-bye! Sound like anything someone we all know (KO) is capable of???? Could they possibly have released a patch that they didn't fully test?? Is the sun coming up tommorrow????

Speed

the sun is comming up tomorrow

and if it that was really the error , the so called poor coding , everyone would have the same problem .. not just 5% of the ko comunity

Iburnyouup

the sun is comming up tomorrow

and if it that was really the error , the so called poor coding , everyone would have the same problem .. not just 5% of the ko comunity[/b]

True enough, if everyone out there ran EXACTLY the same programs on their computers! Then you could make a statement like that. Why do you think it takes big companies like Mickeysoft so long to release new programs like Vista?? It literally takes them years to do product compatibility testing. And sometimes they get to a certain point and practically have to start all over again because some popular new program is released, requiring more testing and tweaking, meaning more delays.

Banned

=D u sure burn him up nicely like ur SN

imma cut you up Senior Member lIIIIIIIIIIl's Avatar

True enough, if everyone out there ran EXACTLY the same programs on their computers! Then you could make a statement like that. Why do you think it takes big companies like Mickeysoft so long to release new programs like Vista?? It literally takes them years to do product compatibility testing. And sometimes they get to a certain point and practically have to start all over again because some popular new program is released, requiring more testing and tweaking, meaning more delays.[/b]
    lol i don't reli get ur point, so u wan k2 to wait years before they release patches? xD i thought their efficiency was already questionable.

Iburnyouup

lol i don't reli get ur point, so u wan k2 to wait years before they release patches? xD i thought their efficiency was already questionable.[/b]

No, i don't want them to wait years, they have already done that to us idiots, and yes I am calling myself an idiot for playing this game for over 2 years and putting up with their constant "work in progress". Just goes to show you how addicting this game is. Believe me, I work in IT, and they can do a way better job! Without waiting years. Real problem here is XTRAP. Its some kind of timing issue. Seems sometimes I can play for hours before it reboots, sometimes for minutes. Almost seems that the problem happens whenever xtrap decides its time to phone home and check your system against whatever the hell it's checking. Prior to this patch I hadn't rebooted my pc for over a month, its been on constantly. Oh well boo hoo me I guess, just eat more of KO's crap while the flamers run wild!!!!

Saenea

don't have anything to add to this topic.....other than, it happened to me twice last night and had me wondering....thx for letting me know what caused it.

...damn it k2

choda

I get the same problem after the patch....

tolgahan

it works slow on my pc. i ll try another vga driver. i hope it is not abuot my pc.