Real Warning to MSN users and a Message to All!

This is a discussion on Real Warning to MSN users and a Message to All! within the General Chat forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; Really, even if you avoid the posts that say MSN is really hackable, you should NOT have your KO account ...
Page: 1

Jak's RL bro Senior Member keys's Avatar

Default Real Warning to MSN users and a Message to All!

Really, even if you avoid the posts that say MSN is really hackable, you should NOT have your KO account connected to ANY MSN. Simple reason, it actually IS hackable and it is EASY to do it. I suggest everyone on these forums to change their ko4life email and their msn email TO yahoo's or something in-order for everyone to be SAFE, because when you're keeping your ko4life account a MSN, your making it easier to hack you and making the hacker able to scam OTHERS.

If you want to be a retard and say, WELL I NEVER HAVE BEEN HACKED, nor have I, but don't come here trying to stray away people from becoming safer. Anyways, when you buy/sell something from someone, make sure they pm you on K4L, MSN, AND ingame. Maybe even VENT, if you want to be safer.

And a message to everyone, this is a game that real people play. Honestly, what you say to others ingame, your talking to real people so stop being douches and be more friendly.

Anyways, hope everyone takes these thoughts into consideration. Peace!

Those msn accounts don't really get hacked, the MS customer support gets abused.
    But that's not their fault, but yours for putting to much information about you on facebook and shit.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by DEATHxPROOF View Post
    Those msn accounts don't really get hacked, the MS customer support gets abused.
    But that's not their fault, but yours for putting to much information about you on facebook and shit.
    Yea but it's still easy to take over an account, you should be able to have facebook for your friends etc...and you can if you use an email with decent security.

Just use msn for chatting, and use gmail or yahoo for important stuff, easy.

Quote Originally Posted by zpod View Post
    Yea but it's still easy to take over an account, you should be able to have facebook for your friends etc...and you can if you use an email with decent security.

Just use msn for chatting, and use gmail or yahoo for important stuff, easy.
    That's the point, have fb for friends and not open to everyone, using the information all of you netwhores provide on fb it's easy to reverse any email account, no matter if msn, yahoo or gmail.

Banned

Um, not true. MSN all you need is to know the name of someones pet or best friend and you can take over their account.

Gmail you can setup text messages sent to your phone if any info is changed, or for password requests, doesn't stop there, if your main phone is comprimised you can setup a backup phone just in case.

And every time you log you can have an extra varification login system, it will ask for a code that is made by you or generated at random, sent to your phone in a phone call or text message.

That hardly seems easy to gain access to me, but believe what you will.

If you would have carefully read what I said, you would have noticed that I was talking about the customer support and not about the reset password feature.

About the pet and best friend "secret questions", if you are that dumb to put real answers to those questions nobody can help you there lol.

Tell me your gmail and I'll show you something

Banned

Lol ok if your talking about going through customer support pretending to be the owner using info you found on facebook, kudos, you deserve the account. I didn't realise people are that stupid.

I'm more talking about getting targeted, cause the only way it's achievable your way is relying on them being stupid. If they weren't, and accounts actually had to be hacked, gmail would certainly be more secure.

Either way gmail is still more secure, msn is for 14 year olds who don't know about other email providers and think it's cool to make funny email names, and other who just want to chat with their friends...why would msn actually care for such security. Google on the other hand has a lot more to loose.

its true happend 2 me
    Not hard 2 do basicly all u need is your bday country and some people on your msn list meh
    what a fail cs

Banned Senior Member

you just don't create up an account with real info, and cannot be hacked.

Quote Originally Posted by GettinJiggyWithIt View Post
    you just don't create up an account with real info, and cannot be hacked.
    you dont think about that when your email is over 8 years old