I'm sort of a "retired" ko player and summer's here and boredom leads me to play MMORPG's and FPS shooters in my spare time when I'm not playing poker/working/ or drinking lol
And after playing other MMORPG's like Warhammer (which I became bored with FAST) and World of Warcraft (which I think is fun, especially pvp, but sometimes it takes way too long to kill someone)... I thought I'd stop by and share my thoughts on why I believe players like and continue to play KO, versus the "better" games out there.
- Smaller community means...
1. Seeing more familiar faces
2. Single person(s) and Clans become powerful and popular, everyone knows so and so, and becoming a subject among turk gossip is pretty entertaining haha
3. One person/clan in pvp zones can have a big difference in the outcome of the battle, 8v50 is np, and when you're part of the 8 ppl who kill the 50 its pretty fukin fun
- Soloing pvp is easy, 1v1's are "the thing" unlike a lot of the games out now that require so much teamwork
- Gear and Level makes 1v8 no problem, and let's face it, giving a beat down to 8v1 gives you a pretty good feeling haha, where as in other MMORPG's a 2v1 is pretty difficult even when there is a noticeable gap in their gears/level
- There's a lot of pvp noobs out there, even when you are undergeared/leveled a skilled player can take on a party
- Fairly simple pvp, dont have to factor in a million annoying adverse effects every single class can cast on you
- Raiding everyone trying to exp is great
- Having that +8 weapon everyone wants, and getting it is sort of in the form of gambling (which I learned mimics the effects of cocaine on the brain, so its pretty understandable on why we love our +7 and up weapons) especially early in a server.
All in all, I miss the simple PK system and killing undergeared people tbh lol
Altogether, I think a lot of the players haven't played required p2p and store bought mmorpg's
So why do you like Knight Online versus other MMORPG's?
But although i made a pretty penny off Knight, for some it's probably a huge money eater, especially for those that buy lots of trinas, scrolls, etc.
Hopefully to replace KO...
Here are some games I plan to check out in the future:
Blade & Soul- Looks badass, Hoping the game requires more skill than grinding- replacing dominating one of my favorite games, Soul Calibur.. but you know how trailers are often misleading as to what gameplay will actually be like
Aion- This game looks out of control. All the hype is on this game to knock off WoW.
These last 3 are pvp's from the beta i believe, if you're that bored lol
Sun Online- I think I'd probably get bored of this game fast