Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Reasons why I liked/miss Knight Online

This is a discussion on Reasons why I liked/miss Knight Online within the General Chat forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; I'm sort of a "retired" ko player and summer's here and boredom leads me to play MMORPG's and FPS shooters ...
Page: 1

I'm sort of a "retired" ko player and summer's here and boredom leads me to play MMORPG's and FPS shooters in my spare time when I'm not playing poker/working/ or drinking lol

And after playing other MMORPG's like Warhammer (which I became bored with FAST) and World of Warcraft (which I think is fun, especially pvp, but sometimes it takes way too long to kill someone)... I thought I'd stop by and share my thoughts on why I believe players like and continue to play KO, versus the "better" games out there.

- Smaller community means...
    1. Seeing more familiar faces
    2. Single person(s) and Clans become powerful and popular, everyone knows so and so, and becoming a subject among turk gossip is pretty entertaining haha
    3. One person/clan in pvp zones can have a big difference in the outcome of the battle, 8v50 is np, and when you're part of the 8 ppl who kill the 50 its pretty fukin fun

- Soloing pvp is easy, 1v1's are "the thing" unlike a lot of the games out now that require so much teamwork
    - Gear and Level makes 1v8 no problem, and let's face it, giving a beat down to 8v1 gives you a pretty good feeling haha, where as in other MMORPG's a 2v1 is pretty difficult even when there is a noticeable gap in their gears/level
    - There's a lot of pvp noobs out there, even when you are undergeared/leveled a skilled player can take on a party
    - Fairly simple pvp, dont have to factor in a million annoying adverse effects every single class can cast on you
    - Raiding everyone trying to exp is great
    - Having that +8 weapon everyone wants, and getting it is sort of in the form of gambling (which I learned mimics the effects of cocaine on the brain, so its pretty understandable on why we love our +7 and up weapons) especially early in a server.

All in all, I miss the simple PK system and killing undergeared people tbh lol

Altogether, I think a lot of the players haven't played required p2p and store bought mmorpg's

So why do you like Knight Online versus other MMORPG's?

But although i made a pretty penny off Knight, for some it's probably a huge money eater, especially for those that buy lots of trinas, scrolls, etc.

Hopefully to replace KO...

Here are some games I plan to check out in the future:

Blade & Soul- Looks badass, Hoping the game requires more skill than grinding- replacing dominating one of my favorite games, Soul Calibur.. but you know how trailers are often misleading as to what gameplay will actually be like
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EtA1jSreK84

Aion- This game looks out of control. All the hype is on this game to knock off WoW.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g8E2IFbwO3w

These last 3 are pvp's from the beta i believe, if you're that bored lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_xQADAPPv4w
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=js9GLnx0ewQ
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hu2XedTxEcU

Sun Online- I think I'd probably get bored of this game fast

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WRWx7iSAsIU...feature=related

Banned

Wow, Nice topic man! I'm gonna check some of your links when I get of work and reply =)

So, I totally agree 100%.

I myself quit too, and i'm messing around on Warhammer, but kinda getting bored of it already. I find myself wanting SOOO bad to come back to KO. Not even so much for the game, as for the actual community behind it. Not really talking about the whining ass forum trolls, as I am talking about the people you meet in the server.

No other game has the format to meet and interact as KO. Sure you can talk to other people in every other MMO, but KO has a unique set up that allows you to get to know your fellow players that you see every day, and EXP/PK with them. Other MMO's seem so spread out that having that kind of feel is nearly impossible.

That thing you said about being the "Talk of the Turks" is fucking funny and soooo true. Reputation made the game worth playing. Ya, of course it's egotistical, but then again, we're all role playing here. So if I wanna pretend I'm the best thing on the planet and fucking kill everythiing in my path on my way to fame and glory then so be it. KO provided the perfect platform for that. I get proud when I see my name or my clan name used by some random turk on a private server ^_^

Fairly simple pvp, dont have to factor in a million annoying adverse effects every single class can cast on you

you've got to be talking about warhammer! holy fuck. 24 different classes ALL with completely different skill sets!!! holy shit it's confusing o.O

I have to say my ultimate FAVORITE thing about ko is the uniqueness the game provides each player. Not just in naming your character, but in the skill point distribution, armor class choices, and market system. If you dont like what your char has turned out, you can reskill, trade your shit for new shit, or just trade your whole fucking char. What other game offers that? (that still has amazing pk system) Fuck, I would play KO till i was 40 if they could find a fix for the hacking/cheating.

Till then, I'm in the same boat as you man. Will prolly never come back to the game, but will prolly never find a game with such an awesome community behind it. Kinda makes me sad rly

K.S. King Senior Member Avariofvalequenta's Avatar

hey long time man. Check out a link in the offtopic media section too, it's for Star Wars Old Republic (MMO). The trailer looks unbelievable. KO is a thing of the past for me, there are MUCH better games out there and coming soon.

http://www.ko4life.com/forums/index....owtopic=291471

Banned

I believe its like every game. When you haven't played it for a while, you start to remember good days and things about it, and then when you get back to playing, you quickly realise the worst parts of it and how sucky it is. Plus, its much worse everytime you comeback, because of cheats and stuff like that. Although KO truly is an addictive game because of its bugged PvP system (lol), I think there are much better games/communities out there and that somebody needs to try them out.

looks good, but star wars was never that appealing to me, the force and lightsabers- not for me
    plus as shallow as this sounds... I'm kinda a "closet nerd," I think i'd lose points with my friends if they hear i play star wars hahaha

Gravediggaz Senior Member gregg's Avatar

What's up buddy, been a while. For me I lost my mmo virginity to KO and any other game I've tried since I just haven't enjoyed it as much for one reason or another. Bugs aside it a pretty fun game, especially as u mentioned the gambling aspect. It might just be the primary reason I play. Hell, I actually have bodog up and I'm in a tourney as I'm writing this. With all the current bugs/bullshit though I'm down for finding a new game to play if one measures up .

Justin Oreos Senior Member sleven07's Avatar

agree with everything u say.

and yea i heard Aion is fckin amazing

Nice topic Ryan, agree in all points and gonna check those games.

wtf is juice? Senior Member trytankme's Avatar

blade and soul looks mad
    wouldnt pay for the other 2 though

Damn dude, great topic! Well thought out, well written and I like the way you back your opinions and summarize your thoughts. We need more people like you contributing to these forums!

I have to say my ultimate FAVORITE thing about ko is the uniqueness the game provides each player. Not just in naming your character, but in the skill point distribution, armor class choices, and market system.[/b]
    You gotta be kidding me. Every single other game has more diversity in skill builds than KO. As you said about WH "24 different classes ALL with completely different skill sets", thats what I call diversity.

Sup Ryan..

Come play WoW with us!

I myself quit too, and i'm messing around on Warhammer, but kinda getting bored of it already. I find myself wanting SOOO bad to come back to KO. Not even so much for the game, as for the actual community behind it.[/b]
    Come back nig!!!

Banned Senior Member

+1 Shaiya is a realy fun game, its easy to learn and got all the things ko have and even more, you can wait for bosses, you can get pvp symbols, you can upg your gear now and lots of other stuff.
    The only thing thats gay is the modes in this game, you have to lvl to get best skillz n stats. Like easy mode only gives you 4 stats and 1 skill point, when you reach 15 you unlock normal mode where you have to start from lvl 1 then lvl it to lvl 40 to unlock hard mode, start from lvl 1 again to unlock ultimate mode wich gives you 9 stats and 3 skill points i think. You can still keep your other characters but if you want to have more stats you have to start from lvl 1 on the mode you like.

You should also try Mount n Blade its a great game :P

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast