Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Ah...the possibilities

This is a discussion on Ah...the possibilities within the General Chat forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; February 2005…Dan was at the brink of blocking Turkey as a whole from USKO. His main reason was that the ...
Page: 1

Default Ah...the possibilities

February 2005…Dan was at the brink of blocking Turkey as a whole from USKO.

His main reason was that the country caused way too many problems for KO (hacking, cheating, whatever)…it just wasn’t worth keeping Turks around.

He privately asked me whether or not it was worth keeping Turkey included.
    Back then, revenues weren’t so heavily dependent on Turkish players.

I defended Turkey…saying that blocking them wouldn’t be right. It wouldn’t be ‘right’ to blame the entire country for those cheaters spreading a bad name for the rest.

The real reason why I tried to persuade Dan not to ban Turkey is that I feared USKO would lose a large number of players…back then, the population was small and K2 was struggling to succeed. I didn’t want another MYKO…a virtual ghost town.

Hindsight is 20/20, but think of what USKO would’ve been if Turkey was actually blocked off right then and there.

I think 2 distinct possibilities would’ve existed. I’m not saying these are the only ones.

#1. USKO would’ve grown at a slower pace without the presence of Turks and the huge amount of money they’ve put into K2 over the last year or so. (less servers, more lag/dc, etc). Most likely less cheaters and a stronger/weaker community. (Consider how the English speakers banded together in the face of a “Turkish invasion”)
    #2. USKO would’ve followed the path of MYKO.

I wonder what would’ve happened.

Colomka

lol . every single message that i c in chat is turkish.

and when turky dc, ko is empty.

so good choice.

empty and clean , hmm i think it's better without them.

zaffers

mass emigration from turkey to countries nearby so they can play their "national game" ? xD

A LOT of turks have moved to Silk Road online.. 99% of them there are legit too.. I think it is just THIS game that makes people cheat

Aluzion

This game doesnt make people cheat. People cheat cuz they can.

I played back in Feb of 05. Not that many players around cuz it was still growing. Now the turk have brought this game to a pile of worthless shit with the cheats ( and since they are in cafes, a large number of them see it and do it also ). Now all I see is a decrease in legit players leaving and some people just quiting cuz the game is nothing but .... well nothing.

Wish you didnt talk Dan out of banning turkey. They are more trouble then they are in bring in the cash.

but this is my 2 cents.

yeah nice job

you do know the majority rules right?

99% cheaters
    1% good

yeah u made a bad decision

how about u all consider banning turkey now....oh wait, thats where all your income comes from

Z3non

Originally posted by Phantom478
    yeah nice job

you do know the majority rules right?

99% cheaters
    1% good

yeah u made a bad decision

how about u all consider banning turkey now....oh wait, thats where all your income comes from
    Wow, i discovered missgno too Nice sig

Ban turkey merge servers u'd be suprised how the real community would respond

Volcanic

Yay for capitalism.

Thanks to you, we have 1000`s of cheats right now on every server, and thanks to you our economy is fucked, with bent money and bent items.

You would have only lost customers to a european KO. Instead you drove them away to play completely different games. I hope you are happy with your decision.

His main reason was that the country caused way too many problems for KO (hacking, cheating, whatever)…it just wasn’t worth keeping Turks around.
    Priceless.

Aluzion

If I recall, back in feb of 05, there was wat, diez xig and ares? if you would have maintained those servers and kept them clean, im pretty sure it would have turned out great with "population", servers would have many players and maybe then CS wouldnt have a thumb up thier asses and would help the many that have problems, instead of this BS recording they send you that has nothing to do with your problems lol.

its a game of percentages

lets say 5% of every nationality cheat;

if 100 english people play thats 5 cheats
    if 1000 american people play then thats 50 cheats
    if 10000 turkish people play then thats 500 cheats

there are cheats everywhere, if anything this sort of prejudice meerly pushes people to cheat, hell if you're constantly being accused of cheating, you might as well benefit from it...

sorry for not turk bashing, just i am a realist

best solution is not banning turkey

if k2 can successfully really punish cheaters, harsh and quick dmg controls this game would be so much better

but instead, u still have known cheaters who pop up from nowhere, and GM say server is X old... +2 uniqes r possible

sil4s

i agree with PatricioRey
    K2 should permanently delete all the cheaters accounts, not give a 7-30 day ban, if even that.
    I mean whenever you see a GM online (once every 2 weeks or less), he/she makes a maximum of 10 bans. i mean ffs look around . 10 is a drop in the bucket... go for a lap around the common macro spots and you'll get 50+ cheaters in less then 30minutes.

Actually nvm.... what do i know anywayz...

TimtoN_

give 2 ko-players on each server Bann/Delete abilities
    and if it was abused = account deleted

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast