Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Regarding Kingofknight website

This is a discussion on Regarding Kingofknight website within the General Chat forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; i am in the image ';-s[/b] YES YOU ARE ';-s ';-s ';-s ';-s...
Page: 5

Boyce

i am in the image ';-s[/b]
    YES YOU ARE ';-s ';-s ';-s ';-s

i love you liquid
    i wish i was a girl so i could have your babies xD

SpinalTap

Yes Liquid, you won the contest with the submission. Congratz, next time I'm in game I'll give you the prize money. Use it well to develop a new style of tin foil hat.

Liquidgel04

i love you liquid
    i wish i was a girl so i could have your babies xD[/b]
    maybe if you remove your Tin-Foil underwear it can change ^^

Yes Liquid, you won the contest with the submission. Congratz, next time I'm in game I'll give you the prize money. Use it well to develop a new style of tin foil hat.[/b]
    Woot I will do my best to usher in a new generation of Tin-Foil hats because the world can't afford a new BuDDaH

FlippinSweeT

this is k2's response to information on kingofknight.com (this information i'm giving is not mine, but from a friend)

"Greetings, *********

Thank you for contacting Knight Online Customer Support about this issue. We are aware of this website but at the moment there is nothing we can do about it.

The website that you are referring to is not affiliated with K2 Network in any way. Unfortunately, neither are they infringing on any copyrights. There are many websites like this for many popular Massive Multiplayer Online games."

So, u may conclude they're no affiliated, or infringing on any copyrights, but they do not say they are doing anything right or wrong in this instance, just that it's not illegal according to law......

mammlea2

My charīs privacy is being invaded!! Im gonna sue the goverment!!! h34r:

Anyone can win a lawsuit in the US!!!

lil_mageskillz

so no laws being broken :P

FlippinSweeT

My charīs privacy is being invaded!! Im gonna sue the goverment!!! h34r:

Anyone can win a lawsuit in the US!!![/b]
    Lol, it just means if kingofknights website would have anything to do with ppl losing items/accounts or w/e u can't hold K2 liable....

Magicality

Wow, the rumor mill at its best!

Let me try and clarify some of the statements made here:

NO, we are not affiliated with K2 in any other sense that we have a link to their affiliate program on our website. If you click this link, and later on buy premium service, we get a percentage of the money paid. That is all there is to it.

NO, Synthetic has in no way access to our website nor database. Neither has he access to the programs/code we have written, nor did he write ANY code for us. As such, any statements he makes can not reflect CooLTanG or my views, and as such not the ones of our website.

YES, we have some more information that we are displaying. The only reason we are not displaying it is because it is quite boring, I promise you! Such information includes hair color, face style, etc. of every character. Maybe in the future we will display it by "painting a picture" of a character, but as that is still a lot of work, we are not displaying it, but still gathering that information. NO extra information is available to us about players which would be in any way exciting to know (this includes accessories). I repeat: we have no way to see that kind of information, and if we would, we would display it right away. My main goal was to display all the fun facts we can find, and it will remain that way.

NO, we do not have access to K2's database. NO, we can't see people passwords, items in inn hostess, accessories worn, and such. It's impossible to know for us, as the way we gather our data works by connecting to the game servers and requesting the information we gather. We have our own database that is built upon those results.

YES, I will admit, I did know about the merchant bug a good while before it was made public. NO, I did not "make it", or even discover it. Another person informed me of the bug, and I did what everyone here would agree would be the best thing: I did let K2 know immediately. I didn't just "send a ticket" about it as a matter of fact, I did try to contact a LOT of people to get this fixed as soon as possible. I don't want to put K2 in a bad light here, they did address it as soon as they realized it was real.

NO, I did not abuse the bug whatsoever. From the first second, I felt it was terribly wrong to rob honest players of their valuables. This bug affected other peoples gameplay DIRECTLY, this is why I tried to alert K2 right away. If there was anything I could have done to prevent it, I would have done so. As a matter of fact, I even told the ko4life staff to pin the warning right away instead of just closing and dismissing it, which they did.

Think about us what you want, we are not cheaters or out to get anyone, even less so K2. We made our website to display all information we know (and then some!) to share it with all players of KO. Knight Online is the game we all love and play for its great PVP, and I'd be dammed to do anything to destroy it.

i c, synthetic talking a whole lotta nothing.....lol
    jeeez keep that chihuahua on a leash.......all that barking and no bite
    thx for the clearing that up <3

micha

NO, Synthetic has in no way access to our website nor database. Neither has he access to the programs/code we have written, nor did he write ANY code for us. As such, any statements he makes can not reflect CooLTanG or my views, and as such not the ones of our website.[/b]
    Where did Synthetic say that? o.O
    YES, we have some more information that we are displaying. The only reason we are not displaying it is because it is quite boring, I promise you! Such information includes hair color, face style, etc. of every character. Maybe in the future we will display it by "painting a picture" of a character, but as that is still a lot of work, we are not displaying it, but still gathering that information. NO extra information is available to us about players which would be in any way exciting to know (this includes accessories). I repeat: we have no way to see that kind of information, and if we would, we would display it right away. My main goal was to display all the fun facts we can find, and it will remain that way.[/b]
    I always wondered.. If unique weapons and such can be seen then why not unique jewelry? whats the difference?
    NO, we do not have access to K2&#39;s database. NO, we can&#39;t see people passwords, items in inn hostess, accessories worn, and such. It&#39;s impossible to know for us, as the way we gather our data works by connecting to the game servers and requesting the information we gather. We have our own database that is built upon those results.[/b]
    You don&#39;t have access to k2&#39;s database but you can query it right? Still don&#39;t get why you can&#39;t get unique jewelry info... that would be cool to see what everyone&#39;s got so I can drool :lol:
    NO, I did not abuse the bug whatsoever. From the first second, I felt it was terribly wrong to rob honest players of their valuables. This bug affected other peoples gameplay DIRECTLY, this is why I tried to alert K2 right away. If there was anything I could have done to prevent it, I would have done so. As a matter of fact, I even told the ko4life staff to pin the warning right away instead of just closing and dismissing it, which they did.[/b]
    Are you speaking for your whole clan here? &#39;cause i&#39;m sure more than 1 person knew about it...

Zaczaco11

k2 still = god to u kids? wow. i&#39;ve been db hacked once, with about 60-100 people hacked on the same day. k2 then denied the account information cc and shit was invalid. you think they give a shit? no. they don&#39;t. the guy that owns k2 is some 30 something programmer who barely got outta highschool. k2 doesnt make patches, they do nothing but distribute. mgame does the patchwork and k2 takes the credit. the reason usko is shit all hacked is because its the only one without ip range blocks that still exists. krko works fine, jpko; fine, usko(trko chko all the other shit tru names) screwed. people in japan don&#39;t play ko if they&#39;re over 20, even then thats a high age. this game was made for kids 8-16 and yall are addicted as fuck to it, its embarrassing, deal with the fact that chances are if you get a +8 item or higher, 100 USD of GB you&#39;re going to be hacked, i logged my account once in the past few months 2 get my character on the king of knights bullshit, had a full set of +8 fp , +9 dex and all this other shit on my secondary dcz that was unsealed and like 50m. i logged it the other night everything that wasn&#39;t sealed was gone. after a good chuckle i logged off and got on with life...i suggest you do the same, get on with life, if you can&#39;t handle the fact that you&#39;re going to get hacked, if you play this game.

NeronDomitius

You don&#39;t have access to k2&#39;s database but you can query it right? Still don&#39;t get why you can&#39;t get unique jewelry info... that would be cool to see what everyone&#39;s got so I can drool :lol:[/b]
    http://www.kingofknight.com/playerinfo.php...ame=CoLdRevenqE

here, drool how much u want

lil_mageskillz

its +10 now wtf. seen him wearing +9 not that long ago.

mammlea2

Im gonna explain in simple terms how kingofko builds its database

1. Game Servers send the clients information regarding what a given character is holding, items which you can actually see (armors, weapons, pets). The client needs to know what to display. For example, Mirage Sword With non rebirth glow. Unfortunately, the server sends the whole information, Mirage Sword +8 with glow. Pretty lame uh ?.

Another lame example: character wearing gryphon armors. The client can display different versions of the armors ( ac, exp etc), even though they look the same, the server has to send: EXP Gryphon Helm.

2. Analizing packets. Every packet sent to the client goes through the operating system FIRST. In short the packet consists of server ip, client ip and information (what the client should display). With the server ip you can know if that packet is from ares, ronark etc. "information" consists of:

player id, Helm = chitin +8 with str , weapon in right hand = raptor +10 etc

and you just store it in a database

Pretty simple uh? Too bad they breaking the TOS. I`ve just learn from my job that rules can be broken when something benefits the company, corruption for the lose

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast