Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Regarding Kingofknight website

This is a discussion on Regarding Kingofknight website within the General Chat forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; Im gonna explain in simple terms how kingofko builds its database 1. Game Servers send the clients information regarding what ...
Page: 7

Dro
    As hot sauce on your taco Senior Member

Im gonna explain in simple terms how kingofko builds its database

1. Game Servers send the clients information regarding what a given character is holding, items which you can actually see (armors, weapons, pets). The client needs to know what to display. For example, Mirage Sword With non rebirth glow. Unfortunately, the server sends the whole information, Mirage Sword +8 with glow. Pretty lame uh ?.

Another lame example: character wearing gryphon armors. The client can display different versions of the armors ( ac, exp etc), even though they look the same, the server has to send: EXP Gryphon Helm.
    2. Analizing packets. Every packet sent to the client goes through the operating system FIRST. In short the packet consists of server ip, client ip and information (what the client should display). With the server ip you can know if that packet is from ares, ronark etc. "information" consists of:

player id, Helm = chitin +8 with str , weapon in right hand = raptor +10 etc

and you just store it in a database
    Pretty simple uh? Too bad they breaking the TOS. I`ve just learn from my job that rules can be broken when something benefits the company, corruption for the lose [/b]
    That's what I always thought this kind of websites did. Analyze the information that the game sends them for visual purposes, and storage it on a DB. Wich always explained why can't see jewelry or items in Inn Host, since this aren't part of the information sent to the user to allow the graphic enviroment.

I fail to see why they are breaking the TOS as you say tho. What KingofKnight, ranking and KODB do is make a DB out of the information that the very server sends them. Is as if I'd made a data base of a TV Network, displaying the shows, title of it, actors in it, plot... etc, wich is possible, I read about this on a website, on THIS website actually. Only difference is that I can actually run scripts to gather info from KO.

Banned

hmm... if they know our info.. how come they can't tell us our uniques??
    ty bb

Banned

ty bb[/b]
    Because packets are send with info wich armor need to be displayed.
    Jewerely doesn't need to be displayed ingame, so that isn't send
    I guess

mammlea2

That's what I always thought this kind of websites did. Analyze the information that the game sends them for visual purposes, and storage it on a DB. Wich always explained why can't see jewelry or items in Inn Host, since this aren't part of the information sent to the user to allow the graphic enviroment.

I fail to see why they are breaking the TOS as you say tho. What KingofKnight, ranking and KODB do is make a DB out of the information that the very server sends them. Is as if I'd made a data base of a TV Network, displaying the shows, title of it, actors in it, plot... etc, wich is possible, I read about this on a website, on THIS website actually. Only difference is that I can actually run scripts to gather info from KO.[/b]
    Sorry, it was on the End User Agreement:

A. You agree that you shall not, under any circumstances:

i. host, provide or develop matchmaking services for the Game or intercept, emulate or redirect the communication protocols used by Licensor in any way, including, without limitation, through protocol emulation, tunneling, packet sniffing, modifying or adding components to the Game, use of a utility program or any other techniques now known or hereafter developed, for any purpose, including, but not limited to, unauthorized network play over the Internet, network play utilizing commercial or non-commercial gaming networks or as part of content aggregation networks; or

Dro
    As hot sauce on your taco Senior Member

Matchmaking, as in using the information they receive for their personal use when creating other video games or a service for the game (3rd party tools and such) is not being done. They are not working with K2(or Licensor I guess)'s protocols, but rather the info received through those protocols.

They are packet sniffing tho, gotta agree on that, altho not to modify or add components to the game, but rather to show store them in a DB for public view, so is not directly breaking the TOS.

This is all in assumptions by the way, I'm not sure that this sort of websites operate the way I assume they do.

mammlea2

The magic word is "or"

Banned
    Boston Mass aka Murder Mass . . . . ';-] . . . Server: ares best server Clan: BuDDaH grade: [1] Clan Rank:43 gg clan Character: BuDDaH

Red face

ty bb[/b]
    who cares if people know what you have...it does not make you less of a player...
    i just think certain people got something against vvindictive and made this post and it should be closed since
    talking about other clans in this section is against tos of this forums.
    thank you.

NeronDomitius

ty bb[/b]
    can i see that ur wearing roc when i look at your char ingame? NO
    can i see that ur wearing shell when i look at your char ingame? YES
    can i see that ur wearing raptor when i look at your char ingame? YES
    can i see that ur wearing valkryes when i look at your char ingame? YES

get it?
    kkbb

Banned

get it?
    kkbb[/b]
    Like I explained.
    But kingofknight is only scanning the packets with data what to display ingame

Banned

I fail to see why they are breaking the TOS as you say tho. What KingofKnight, ranking and KODB do is make a DB out of the information that the very server sends them. Is as if I'd made a data base of a TV Network, displaying the shows, title of it, actors in it, plot... etc, wich is possible, I read about this on a website, on THIS website actually. Only difference is that I can actually run scripts to gather info from KO.[/b]
    i agree with dro... This information is given to them by K2 itself... so can't see anything against TOS there

Boyce

I wish [/b]
    Lol. Scammer

lil_mageskillz

get it?
    kkbb[/b]

i havnt summoned my pet in months, b4 the site was made and longer, and it still shows my pet on the info. so i dont understand :P

Random people with good knowledge can hack in the data base of ko server. But there is a high risk to get couch and go in jail for cyber crime, ofc proxy cant help or even high anonymous proxy cant help...[/b]
    Wireless lan of neighbours helps once more xD

Banned

Alright Alright.. If you believe everything synthetic says then something is totally wrong with your brain. Anything else that needs to be said regarding the kingofknight website, their topic is pinned.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567