Reminder: Sigs.

This is a discussion on Reminder: Sigs. within the General Chat forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; Hello folks! There seems to be an influx of giant over-sized, e-peen stroking sigs that contain everything from war kills, ...
Page: 1

Banned

Lightbulb Reminder: Sigs.

Hello folks!

There seems to be an influx of giant over-sized, e-peen stroking sigs that contain everything from war kills, trade list, trusties, picture of character, gear, and then to top it all off, an actual sig. Sigs are a place to make your post unique and add some style. It isn't a place to show off your entire 5 year KO experience.

• All Signatures must only be text/banner. If your signature is a large picture then it will be removed. Signatures that are larger than 400x200 will be removed.
    To check the size of your image: Right click > Properties > Dimensions.

It's getting kinda crazy how many people I'm asking to reduce the size of their sigs. It isn't a contest and you dont win any prizes for taking up an entire page with your sig. Soon I will just delete the big ones without warning. Well, in all fairness, this is a warning. =)

Cheers!

SaNCTe
    Last edited by SaNCTe; 04-07-2011 at 07:20 PM.

Android Man Senior Member E Mon's Avatar

+1 To u sancte
    is my sig big?so i can edit it

Banned

I edited with an example. =)

Haters gonna hate Senior Member MushtMan's Avatar

posted in thread just to compare my sig to the OP.

edit: Personally I don't see a problem with this (my) sig size seeing as the avatar + info reach the same level of the sig if you get what i mean
    Last edited by MushtMan; 04-07-2011 at 07:46 PM.

Banned Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by MushtMan View Post
    posted in thread just to compare my sig to the OP.

edit: Personally I don't see a problem with this size seeing as the avatar + info reach the same level of the sig if you get what i mean
    If it reaches within demensions then there isnt a problem...

Quote Originally Posted by SaNCTe
    To check the size of your image: Right click > Properties > Dimensions.

I think part of the problem is that everyone seems to want to make a "trusty list" in their sig - causing unnecessary size issues.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by thing View Post
    I think part of the problem is that everyone seems to want to make a "trusty list" in their sig - causing unnecessary size issues.
    That's definately part of the problem.

Banned Senior Member

I find trusty lists useful. They've saved me from trading with a handful of scammers and a few potential scammers.

Maybe set a limit to # of trusties in a signature =P

Gravediggaz Senior Member gregg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SaNCTe View Post
    . It isn't a place to show off your entire 5 year KO experience.
    I laughed...but honestly you should maybe try to give the people with trusty lists an inbox warning before wiping it. I've seen people lose all the info before cuz of that, and there's no way its backed up anywhere else. Also Kyle make me a sig (within the perimeters of course)

edit: I was talking about other people but I just looked at my list and noticed its getting kind of long. It doesn't fit into the traditional sig box but is it still appropriate?
    Last edited by gregg; 04-07-2011 at 10:07 PM.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by gregg View Post
    I laughed...but honestly you should maybe try to give the people with trusty lists an inbox warning before wiping it. I've seen people lose all the info before cuz of that, and there's no way its backed up anywhere else. Also Kyle make me a sig (within the perimeters of course)

edit: I was talking about other people but I just looked at my list and noticed its getting kind of long. It doesn't fit into the traditional sig box but is it still appropriate?

I dont see any issues with yours. It's not really the content that's the issue, it's the giant pictures and sigs that take up half a page on my 25 inch monitor. I'm sure you've seen a few. =)