Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree5Likes

Rise Online Alpha

This is a discussion on Rise Online Alpha within the General Chat forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; Closed beta announced for October 29th (3 weeks from today). I don't know when the applications will be opened. Imo, ...
Page: 2

Closed beta announced for October 29th (3 weeks from today). I don't know when the applications will be opened.

Imo, this game seems like the perfect game from what I've read about it (if they don't get sued right away for copy-pasting KO ). It will have some systems like WOW: quest system for exping, roll system for item distribution- no more disbanding party for drops, dps meter, soul bound items - non tradeable (there will be items that can unlock soul bound items which makes no sense but ok), you will be able to lvl up weapons (I saw this in LOTRO and immediately thought how cool that would be for KO - can't wait ).
    Unreal engine... if there is anything that you notice right away in KO, it's definitely the crappy graphics.

Basicly, if everything they planned works (yes, I do realize how that sounds xD) it will be amazing, but I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

if youve played alpha youd realize how shitty the game is. Unoptimized confusing mash that will be pay to win just like KO. People were buying items (mostly streamers) for hundreds of dollars. Imagine once its launched officially. Babas will be buying up all the high class items / coins , and if its anything like KO,it will be completely allowed to buy gold.

Buying stuff on alpha test is some next level bullshit, for sure. I gotta see the game first to be able to decide if it's worth it, I wouldn't be saying the game is crap just yet based on alpha, or even beta test - those tests exist just so they don't release that "unoptimized confusing mash" as official. I think they gotta think real hard which items will be soul bound and they also have to remove that item which will unlock the souldbond, because it's gonna take just a little extra effort to make the untradeable item tradeable so I don't see why it's gonna be non tradeable in the first place lol. On the other hand, making too many items non tradeable is not good either, because it's not like KO at all, and that just means babas will go for full chars instead... But to be clear, I'm not too worried about babashoppers, can't understand why some people are (in crowds of hundreds/thousands of players that 1 player with best gear makes no difference - and there always has to be someone with the best gear anyway, right?) There were supposedly 71k players in alpha alone lol

EDIT: closed beta registration opened 50 minutes ago: https://forum.riseonlineworld.com/ko...-started.5112/
    Last edited by Kuzuri; 10-08-2021 at 08:07 AM.

Little archer Senior Member

I feel so bad for the poor souls that still look forward to see KO in """"HD"""" graphics when games like NW exist.

Like, original KO at least can be its own thing, as a nostalgia game where people are fully aware that it's old, looks old and it plays like an old game. But if you're going to bring it and put it up there with the big names then expect to be laughed at.
    SacruM and Decerto like this.

Anabolic Senior Member Euphoria's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by razor View Post
    I feel so bad for the poor souls that still look forward to see KO in """"HD"""" graphics when games like NW exist.

Like, original KO at least can be its own thing, as a nostalgia game where people are fully aware that it's old, looks old and it plays like an old game. But if you're going to bring it and put it up there with the big names then expect to be laughed at.
    doubt it will hold more than half of what KO holds right now.
    The amount of money people invest now in KO seems un reasonable, (u need minimum in order to play like a good player an invest of 100$ {pus,potions etc}..)
    this "Rise Online" can't stand against the OG KO. people are just holding too strong onto this game.
    They might attract people who quit ages ago, they will try it out and leave very quickly when they see how shit this game is.
    SacruM likes this.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12