Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Kallop

Rise Online First Impressions

This is a discussion on Rise Online First Impressions within the General Chat forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; ...
Page: 1

Default Rise Online First Impressions

Not even worth to start there xD

I remember people gave me shit when I complained about KO's awful design choices and how horrible of a game it is by modern standards. So now seeing this video where Rise Online still holds to those standards of old KO is fucking hilarious to me. I even played Rise Online and there were so many issues that you have to look past to enjoy the game. If you aren't a Knight Online addict, there's no way of actually liking these types of games. No new player will ever play a game with so many outdated mechanics and absolutely no QoL features to help you get into the meat of the game, which is PvP. It literally took people years to figure out how to play KO properly when they started, so how is anybody expected to learn how the game works and grind their way to 70+ when there's not a single fun piece of content to motivate you to get there in the first place.

Like I get that Peon didn't even leave Moradon, but it seriously probably took him hours to even get to as far as he did without someone handholding him and telling him what to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Kallop View Post
    I remember people gave me shit when I complained about KO's awful design choices and how horrible of a game it is by modern standards. So now seeing this video where Rise Online still holds to those standards of old KO is fucking hilarious to me. I even played Rise Online and there were so many issues that you have to look past to enjoy the game. If you aren't a Knight Online addict, there's no way of actually liking these types of games. No new player will ever play a game with so many outdated mechanics and absolutely no QoL features to help you get into the meat of the game, which is PvP. It literally took people years to figure out how to play KO properly when they started, so how is anybody expected to learn how the game works and grind their way to 70+ when there's not a single fun piece of content to motivate you to get there in the first place.Like I get that Peon didn't even leave Moradon, but it seriously probably took him hours to even get to as far as he did without someone handholding him and telling him what to do.
    To add to all that, they even failed at implementing the most basic concept like the possibility of failing your combo, lwering the skillfloor and thus making the game even more...But yes, if you look at it objectively KO is not an attractive game, it's just shit from top to bottom, but the games pvp can be quite fun for a bit every now and then in a seasonal structure.

Quote Originally Posted by Vice View Post
    To add to all that, they even failed at implementing the most basic concept like the possibility of failing your combo, lwering the skillfloor and thus making the game even more...But yes, if you look at it objectively KO is not an attractive game, it's just shit from top to bottom, but the games pvp can be quite fun for a bit every now and then in a seasonal structure.
    Still to date the best PvP system in any game. It truly is a wonder nobody has ever replicated anything even remotely similar.
    SacredHealDane likes this.

The concept of the game is nice and i enjoyed playing it ,but it was rushed by investitors far to fast,thus ending up in an game thats basicly miles away from being finished.

2 new servers on 26.1.2024 a lot changed since first months of launch. Which was horrible

New servers launch trailer.

Quote Originally Posted by MrHankey View Post
    2 new servers on 26.1.2024 a lot changed since first months of launch. Which was horrible

New servers launch trailer.
    are you going to be streaming rise ko ? id love to watch an eng speaking player.

Used to stream. Kinda enjoyed. Lag was horrible. Since reading peoples posts about rise online. It was better at the begging after first months struggle. Too much to put usd on the game, compare first months. And kinda must have nft. Also bugs more than before 😀 so i think will skip this. Will wait for their information about new servers and possible changes. I really liked the pvp there.

LinkBacks (?)

1. Hits: 1
    01-11-2024, 08:00 PM
  2. Hits: 1
    01-08-2024, 11:23 PM
  3. Hits: 1
    01-06-2024, 04:20 AM