Page 38 of 40 FirstFirst ... 2834353637383940 LastLast
Like Tree227Likes

Rise Online Knight Offline - remastered KO?

This is a discussion on Rise Online Knight Offline - remastered KO? within the General Chat forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; Zone MYKO might not do it intentionally, its mostly on wrong editing, most of the skill is different from client ...
Page: 38

Zone MYKO might not do it intentionally, its mostly on wrong editing, most of the skill is different from client side and db side setup which shouldn't be copy pasted row .
    and also its very tricky to make them work as intend.

for the 22xx version, its rarely fail for warrior but for rogue it has standard combo wise.

any one had same problem. i can log on website but when i try to log in game it wont let me. its says account info wrong.

Fap fap fap Senior Member ISpitOnYourGrave's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ::Tsunami:: View Post
    any one had same problem. i can log on website but when i try to log in game it wont let me. its says account info wrong.
    alpha 1 closed a few days ago i think

SEXIEST NOSE ON EARTH Senior Member SheldonCooper's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kallop View Post
    This is already a thing in some KO private servers, and in newer KO versions it's literally impossible to fail warrior skills, no matter how fast you spam your keys (which is why you see the macro warrior videos these days). I know in Zone MYKO you wouldn't fail your skills, no matter how fast you spammed. Instead of the old KO fail system, they replaced skills with some form of a cooldown, which meant that you would "fail" your skill, until the hidden cooldown was over, after which it would always work and you wouldn't get stuck in a "fail loop". So assassin combo was literally spamming your skill as fast as possible, until it succeeded and then spamming the next skill.
    I know what you mean, But the macro combo on 19xx 22xx etc servers, is only convienient for warriors.

For example howling sword.

Spam RR and it's active at all times, hit 1 where is howling sword, howling sword has a tiny bit cooldown, when it goes off cooldown it will hit 1 again, so basically spam 111 and rrr will auto combo.

With warrior is easy to macro combo yes indeed (only 19xx and 22xx servers tho, not 12xx original myko )

But with assassin is different, you hit spike, thrust is instantly available you can instantly TRY to cast it (cause thrust is off cooldown), BUT you still have to wait 0,6 second or so before hitting thrust after spike or it's gonna trigger a failing sequence in between the combo.

Here in rising, I'm talking about assassin, is you spam 111 and rrr for spike, it will go off succesfully, then you can instantly start spamming 22 and rr after 1 ms when you see cooldown going off on spike, and it won't break your combo sequence like it does in normal KO, it won't do anything until a server side hidden cooldown allows you to hit the 2nd skill and so forth.

And exactly this, is what I don't like, it makes assassin to easy to play and to macro oriented, so every noob can play assassin like a pro. It sux balls.

BTW in 12xx myko server like mine, you can't spam skill and rr even with warrior, if you just spam it mindlesly it will fail the next howling sword, it should be like this imo everywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by SheldonCooper View Post
    I know what you mean, But the macro combo on 19xx 22xx etc servers, is only convienient for warriors.

For example howling sword.

Spam RR and it's active at all times, hit 1 where is howling sword, howling sword has a tiny bit cooldown, when it goes off cooldown it will hit 1 again, so basically spam 111 and rrr will auto combo.

With warrior is easy to macro combo yes indeed (only 19xx and 22xx servers tho, not 12xx original myko )

But with assassin is different, you hit spike, thrust is instantly available you can instantly TRY to cast it (cause thrust is off cooldown), BUT you still have to wait 0,6 second or so before hitting thrust after spike or it's gonna trigger a failing sequence in between the combo.

Here in rising, I'm talking about assassin, is you spam 111 and rrr for spike, it will go off succesfully, then you can instantly start spamming 22 and rr after 1 ms when you see cooldown going off on spike, and it won't break your combo sequence like it does in normal KO, it won't do anything until a server side hidden cooldown allows you to hit the 2nd skill and so forth.

And exactly this, is what I don't like, it makes assassin to easy to play and to macro oriented, so every noob can play assassin like a pro. It sux balls.

BTW in 12xx myko server like mine, you can't spam skill and rr even with warrior, if you just spam it mindlesly it will fail the next howling sword, it should be like this imo everywhere.
    What you're describing is exactly what I'm talking about. Some newer servers running the xACS client have a system where rogue skills don't fail, even if your combo is nothing but "1r1r1r1r1r1r2r2r2r2r2r2r3r3r3r3r34r4r4r4r4r5rr5r5 rr5r5r" and so on. And not just rogue, warriors and mages too. As long as you spam your keys, the skill will eventually succeed when the internal cooldown check has passed.

SEXIEST NOSE ON EARTH Senior Member SheldonCooper's Avatar

yeah now the question is what majority of players prefer. Is it the hard gameplay like it used to be, or is it easy macro combo or button mash spam.

Given the fact that the game is ancient and newer generations of players are becoming spoiled and frustrated when something is hard to play, I reckon it will go more into the easy direction if you wanna keep populated server in future 2 - 5 years from now. IF even KO will still be active then :P

Quote Originally Posted by SheldonCooper View Post
    yeah now the question is what majority of players prefer. Is it the hard gameplay like it used to be, or is it easy macro combo or button mash spam.

Given the fact that the game is ancient and newer generations of players are becoming spoiled and frustrated when something is hard to play, I reckon it will go more into the easy direction if you wanna keep populated server in future 2 - 5 years from now. IF even KO will still be active then :P
    People don't like playing the game anymore, they just want to do anything they can to win. Anything that can be macrod, is. It's sad, but watch any of these private server/new USKO chumps and their mouse does half the work for them.

"b-b-BuT eVeRyOnE dOeS iT sO i HaVe ToO"
    AncientApparation, zuka and black like this.

I think it's a correct decision to null the effect of individual combo, make it more even for people without/with macros -> new & old players.
    For most of the people who QQ for macros, good luck finding a server that imitates times like 10+ years ago.

First thing that comes to mind when Sin doesn't have the "hidden cd" and the mechanic that makes your combo slower if you fuck up the timing is that every1 can combo perfect. Ppl(I, for one) would make a color/picture macro that always spams the best possible skill that is off cooldown at that moment.

I can already imagine it, run in the middle of the party and use all of my concentration to just position myself well, pick target, check hp&mana bar and cure. Macro is doing the healing and combo. Also the fact that combo can't fail and your macro picks the best skills even when some of them are on cooldown. Probably boosts your dmg a lot in the time window of 2-4seconds you can be still and deal dmg.
    It is too op imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Candy View Post
    I can already imagine it, run in the middle of the party and use all of my concentration to just position myself well, pick target, check hp&mana bar and cure. Macro is doing the healing and combo. Also the fact that combo can't fail and your macro picks the best skills even when some of them are on cooldown. Probably boosts your dmg a lot in the time window of 2-4seconds you can be still and deal dmg.
    It is too op imo.
    You've just described how 99% of players play this game.
    black likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Lavie View Post
    That is how 99% try to play but fail miserably.

allmost every rogue plays like that they only cure and use the double time item on scrolls and use their macro... but that's the good thing, they don't know how to play and you can use that on your advantage .... i know how macros play and i can counter most of them ...... kick their ass ... that's what makes this game fun for me..... my problem is those babas with +10 items ... but even those i can get them sometimes .

Quote Originally Posted by Lavie View Post
    Always wondered how everyones shit never failed and my shit failed 50% of the time.

That explains it. No skill pussies.

Anyone tried getting into Alpha 2.0 ? Theyre saying theyre enabling some pve content this tome (im guessing dungeons ??) and theyre saying it should be up for about a month unless something critical happens. But holy shit is a game a buggy mess. I tried to stream it with OBS and it fails to detect,window mode,game mode,doesnt matter,I had blue screens like 15 times,it wont log in saying zone error etc etc. They have a lot of shit to fix....

It should be easy to write an anti-macro tool, like check for patterns in a users "R" behavior, if he has a perfect interval that repeats then it's obvious he's macroing -> kick. Has nobody done that yet?

LinkBacks (?)

1. Hits: 1
    10-12-2022, 01:39 AM
  2. Hits: 1
    10-04-2022, 12:30 AM
  3. Hits: 1
    07-18-2022, 05:28 AM
  4. Hits: 1
    07-01-2022, 03:32 PM