Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

rollback usko today

This is a discussion on rollback usko today within the General Chat forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; 12hours from now? cuz i dropped that in before 20hours from now on...
Page: 5

Duramen

12hours from now?
    cuz i dropped that in before 20hours
    from now on

shit happens lol.......BUT do burned items come back lemme know!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Tidoggg View Post
    Maintenance will be completed at 4-5PM PST (2-3 AM EET)..
    Lol servers are gonna be down for an extra 4 hours that's shitty. Guess ill go pack my gear.....
    Last edited by THUNDERGAWD; 02-16-2011 at 05:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by razor View Post
    you know i did...
    abuse the bug ^^ yep u did

For those that dont know what a rollback is, its a COMPLETE "ROLLBACK" of the servers, kinda like how ur computer makes certain saves/restore points, KOL does the same. The game that happened after midnite pst time, basically didnt happen. Rollbacks really do rarely happen, what many ppl think is a rollback is usually just a patch + delete items.

Little archer Senior Member

does it even matter now? not all of us can just go to gameim.com whenever we are short in igc

having heppa there was quite tempting
    Last edited by razor; 02-16-2011 at 05:30 PM.

so im thinking about shaving my beard what ya'll think lolololol

Banned for scamming.

Quote Originally Posted by snipes12123 View Post
    abuse the bug ^^ yep u did

For those that dont know what a rollback is, its a COMPLETE "ROLLBACK" of the servers, kinda like how ur computer makes certain saves/restore points, KOL does the same. The game that happened after midnite pst time, basically didnt happen. Rollbacks really do rarely happen, what many ppl think is a rollback is usually just a patch + delete items.
    apart from your wrong, as GM said that no exp gained will be lost .....

Quote Originally Posted by FromTheDarkness View Post
    apart from your wrong, as GM said that no exp gained will be lost .....
    Where you see that? Only thing ive seen is twitter + facebook saying that a rollback is happening

tna

Where you see that? Only thing ive seen is twitter + facebook saying that a rollback is happening
    rollbacks doesnt affect exp

Quote Originally Posted by tna View Post
    rollbacks doesnt affect exp
    Greeting Knights,

As many of you know, there were some stability issues with the servers in the past 8 hours. After investigating the issue, we have determined the problem came from a bug that enabled users to gain specific quest rewards repeatedly. We have since temporarily disabled that NPC and are currently rolling back all character data to 12AM PST (10AM EET). This will result in all of your character data and inventory to be restored back to that time.

Power Up Store items that were purchased within that timeframe will be restored later in the day. Maintenance will be completed at 4-5PM PST (2-3 AM EET).

We deeply apologize for any inconvenience this has caused and look forward to getting you all back into the game as soon as possible.

servers died - GamersFirst Forums

spammers that dont know what they are talking about are annoying, this is one of maybe 4-5 actual rollbacks that have happened in the last 5ish years of ko...

tna

yes, and the other rollbacks didnt affect exp, so i guess we should just wait till servers are up

Quote Originally Posted by tna View Post
    yes, and the other rollbacks didnt affect exp, so i guess we should just wait till servers are up
    +1 more to ur post count ^^

You really dont know what a rollback is, or even when the last one happened, so plz just stop

Banned for scamming.

+1 more to ur post count ^^

You really dont know what a rollback is, or even when the last one happened, so plz just stop
    man he is right, there have been other roll backs and no loss of exp only coin / item roll backs

but ye i read what you pasted and that says a full data roll back, so i dunno the mods said it wouldnt effect exp in a post o the official, but mhmm they are just a mod i guess^^

just another 2-3 more hours hopefully ^.^

Quote Originally Posted by FromTheDarkness View Post
    man he is right, there have been other roll backs and no loss of exp only coin / item roll backs

but ye i read what you pasted and that says a full data roll back, so i dunno the mods said it wouldnt effect exp in a post o the official, but mhmm they are just a mod i guess^^
    no, the last actual "rollback" occured when a bug happened and lag and other methods made it able to dupe any item by certain methods involving relogging and namechanging...the servers went down 4-5 or so hrs after they came up from maintenance and were officially rolled back...like i said b4, most people think when the server goes down and items are wiped, they assume its a rollback when infact its just the servers going down and items being wiped.

A good instance of a "non-rollback" is the famous coin-wipe, the abuse went on for too long and too much would have been lost by a true rollback, hence the simple solution of a coin wipe.

If you think im wrong ask in the ask a gm thread on officials what a true roll-back is

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast